996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Caterham R500 Vs 996 GT2 - Nurburgring battle lap2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 02:20 PM
boss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really nice
Probably 70-75k depending on spec and getting it on the road, these are kits, but the Caterham dealers can arrange assembly.

Check out Caterham USA, the prices they quote on the site tend to be the kit, less drive train and assembly, plus a host of options. They had an R400 kit available recently, they'd probably upgrade it if pushed to an R500. The difference is mostly drive-train and that is crate-engine+mods.

Strong dollar/weak pound to your advantage right now!

Old 12-02-2011, 11:46 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
these cars are amazing, they absolutly rip

A guy down the street from me was building one afew years ago. I walked by and saw him in the garage, I should go ask him how it ended up. I never saw him driving it or anything like that. I beleave he was building it with a vw engine if im not mestaken. Such a cool little go cart for the road. I would possibly be interested in building one to be quite honest.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:36 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold

TopGear test http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...vwSfWWhF4&NR=1

top gear DIY challange

Part1 -

Part2 -

Old 12-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Sabine is fun to watch even when she is speaking German.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:34 PM
yah imagine having a chick like that eh, you go to the track with and she beats your lifetime best lap time everytime she does a lap

I would be so happy just talking track and cars with her while were under the sheets

about caterham, I must have spent 2 hours of my afternoon watching track videos

I sent them a email today just to see what they want for a kit, I would seriously be interested in building one of those with german engine (maybe 1.8t or whatever)

Last edited by lopro; 12-02-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:19 PM
on second thought maybe not

besides I sent them numerous emails about buying one and they didnt even take a moment to respond.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Zmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to allZmydust is a name known to all
I think we can all agree the Caterham driver has huge *****

Old 12-22-2011, 06:18 PM
WILLIAMP is infamous around these parts
I would have thought arm restraints were mandatory for that series.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:31 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Wow! What a video! Thanks for sharing Iopro!

Old 12-22-2011, 06:41 PM
JTB
JTB is infamous around these partsJTB is infamous around these parts
Here is my Superlight R at PPIR in Colorado. Lost of fun.
1200lbs with about 220 bhp from a Ford Focus engine.

The TT is fun but it can't touch the Caterham around the track.

Love the ring vid - thanks for sharing

Old 12-22-2011, 09:03 PM
wow thats a crazy vid agenst the f40, you have my respects. I just cant get over that crash, I really wanted one of these cars, as I love building cars. Ive built many in my last 15 years. I just dont know, that thing looks like a deathtrap. Cool vid, thanks for posting

holy head trauma

Old 12-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Zmydust
I think we can all agree the Caterham driver has huge *****
+1

Old 12-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Wow...those Nurburgring laps were really mesmerizing...amazing driving and commitment! Regarding the one in the crash, it would seem that the cage did its job pretty well?

Old 12-22-2011, 09:55 PM
yes it does seem the cage did its job, and the helmate

Old 12-23-2011, 08:15 AM
JTB
JTB is infamous around these partsJTB is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lopro
wow thats a crazy vid agenst the f40, you have my respects. I just cant get over that crash, I really wanted one of these cars, as I love building cars. Ive built many in my last 15 years. I just dont know, that thing looks like a deathtrap. Cool vid, thanks for posting

holy head trauma

They actually protect the driver quite well; the cage adds a good amount. The 7 is really an amazing car to drive. You basically sit on the rear axle making it very easy to drive sideways. Probably the most satisfying and rewarding car I have driven on the street or track. It is amazingly compliant and composed while also being communicative, quick and fun. It is also remarkably comfortable - nothing like driving to a track event, thrashing everything that came on a trailer, and then driving home. I should also mention that consumables are really inexpensive (tires, brakes, etc) as the car weighs nothing. If you do purchase one, you wont be disappointed!

Last edited by JTB; 12-23-2011 at 08:17 AM. Reason: typo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Caterham R500 Vs 996 GT2 - Nurburgring battle lap2