996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

HTA wheels upgrade...Worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
HTA wheels upgrade...Worth it?

I'm talking about going from standard GT3076R's to HTA GT3076R's...is it really worth it ?

Old 05-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I would also like to know.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:05 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
The only person I know who has run both is Marski and I dont think there was an appreciable difference??
Robert

Old 05-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
The only person I know who has run both is Marski and I dont think there was an appreciable difference??
Robert
your correct on both points...
We did 35rs and then hta wheel( same turbos) .. difference at 1.6 bar was minimal( spool up maybe 100 rpms sooner)... but at 2 bar it does make a difference from what I was told but then who knows....
With that said, I think its a good turbo for those that do not have a 30r or 35r and are in the market...
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
your correct on both points...
We did 35rs and then hta wheel( same turbos) .. difference at 1.6 bar was minimal( spool up maybe 100 rpms sooner)... but at 2 bar it does make a difference from what I was told but then who knows....
With that said, I think its a good turbo for those that do not have a 30r or 35r and are in the market...
mark
Got it

Is it true that HTA gt35r can get full boost same as standard gt3076r? so they r spool same?

Old 05-24-2010, 09:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
Got it

Is it true that HTA gt35r can get full boost same as standard gt3076r? so they r spool same?
NOpe... a 30r be it a hta or whatever will spool at 4200 full boost. my hta 35r is more like 5.2K... but thats with a .82 A/R... with a .63 its about 4800 rpms Im guessing... so unless someone can show you I dont believe it.. I've done it.
There was only a 100 rpms difference as I said before on my car... but if you have the extra money do it.. its a good turbo and they prep it right...

click to view

Old 05-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Banned
NOpe... a 30r be it a hta or whatever will spool at 4200 full boost. my hta 35r is more like 5.2K... but thats with a .82 A/R... with a .63 its about 4800 rpms Im guessing... so unless someone can show you I dont believe it.. I've done it.
There was only a 100 rpms difference as I said before on my car... but if you have the extra money do it.. its a good turbo and they prep it right...
Is it a WORTH IT differance HTA GT3076R's vs standard GT3076R's on 1.95bar???

u said it will spool 100RPM earlier?...What about acceleration? will be same? on 1.95bar?

The problem that i already have them ( standard GT3076R's )

Old 05-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
My experience with Billet Turbos (although they were made/built by Precision (5857/.82 A/R) is that they will make power down low than a standard 3076/.82 turbo. Even with me running LOW LOW amounts of timing. As we started to get above 20-22psi we started to see MAJOR gains to the point where a 1psi different was the same as a 35R non HTA. The good part is I don't have a ton of lag, and I could have gotten rid of more if I would have gotten Ball Bearing turbos because mine are Journal Bearing.

To this day pound for pound nobody has been able to duplicated my numbers with the stock DME (Tony @ EPL Tuned) and now my standalone (Justin @ Tuning Concepts). The ancient way of thinking was to keep the boost low and run an incredible amount of timing to make the power (keeping the A/Fs in the very low 12s). Though most modern tuners do the exact opposite, they run a lot less timing and runs lots more boost (and fuel (mid ~11's in the a/f area). Neither are doing wrong because they both achieve good amounts of power. Each tuner has his own way to tune and that is how you should ask.

If you want to take advantage of a high boost application I would talk to your tuner and see if he wants to change his ways of tuning for a setup like you want; which he should have no problem doing.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
Is it a WORTH IT differance HTA GT3076R's vs standard GT3076R's on 1.95bar???

u said it will spool 100RPM earlier?...What about acceleration? will be same? on 1.95bar?

The problem that i already have them ( standard GT3076R's )
If your going to run that much boost you should go for it.

click to view

Old 05-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Banned
If your going to run that much boost you should go for it.
Get extra 50rwhp or more?....possible?

Old 05-24-2010, 10:30 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Powell
My experience with Billet Turbos (although they were made/built by Precision (5857/.82 A/R) is that they will make power down low than a standard 3076/.82 turbo. Even with me running LOW LOW amounts of timing. As we started to get above 20-22psi we started to see MAJOR gains to the point where a 1psi different was the same as a 35R non HTA. The good part is I don't have a ton of lag, and I could have gotten rid of more if I would have gotten Ball Bearing turbos because mine are Journal Bearing.

To this day pound for pound nobody has been able to duplicated my numbers with the stock DME (Tony @ EPL Tuned) and now my standalone (Justin @ Tuning Concepts). The ancient way of thinking was to keep the boost low and run an incredible amount of timing to make the power (keeping the A/Fs in the very low 12s). Though most modern tuners do the exact opposite, they run a lot less timing and runs lots more boost (and fuel (mid ~11's in the a/f area). Neither are doing wrong because they both achieve good amounts of power. Each tuner has his own way to tune and that is how you should ask.

If you want to take advantage of a high boost application I would talk to your tuner and see if he wants to change his ways of tuning for a setup like you want; which he should have no problem doing.
Thanks for advice

Old 05-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Basic Sponsor
Get extra 50rwhp or more?....possible?
God IDK.. hard to say.... but I think you should do it...

click to view

Old 05-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Banned
God IDK.. hard to say.... but I think you should do it...
Thanks man

Old 06-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Banned
What about going from GT30/76R .63 housing to GT30 + HTA wheel w/.82 housing???

I heard that it will get full boost at 42-4300 same as standard GT3076R's...is it true?

Old 06-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Basic Sponsor
What about going from GT30/76R .63 housing to GT30 + HTA wheel w/.82 housing???

I heard that it will get full boost at 42-4300 same as standard GT3076R's...is it true?
Not true...

click to view

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HTA wheels upgrade...Worth it?