996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996tt round headlight conversion idea

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2011 | 05:24 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Great thread!!!

I put the techart headlight masks and painted the washer caps.
Decided to leave the fog light opening and by adding the new "997 GT2 bumper it looks like more of a mix between 996 and 997 thus getting the best of both worlds... well at least that's what I tell myself to justify the $$$

Oh yeah and by using chromed blinker bulbs you can get rid of any trace of amber, helps to cleanup the look.

Cheers!
you car looks awesome! Are your turn signals in the lower lights cluster now? I moved mine to the lower cluster as well, used a 12 LED bulb (better than chromed, very white) and wired the old turn signals to come on with the parking lights.

Pretty simple rewire. You should try it!

Old 02-09-2011 | 09:02 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sunir
Sid that's a very clean and modern look...well done!
Hey thanks sunir!!!!!
Nice to know it's not just in my head...

Cheers!

Originally Posted by ttpopo
you car looks awesome! Are your turn signals in the lower lights cluster now? I moved mine to the lower cluster as well, used a 12 LED bulb (better than chromed, very white) and wired the old turn signals to come on with the parking lights.

Pretty simple rewire. You should try it!
Thanks!
I've got to tell ya when I saw your bumper my first thought was wowww my second, oh man wish I would have put that one on my ride!!!!

Talking about your bumper... are you keeping those black polyurethane fill strips that sit between the lights and the fender?
Tried mine without and although it looks much cleaner it did leave an unattractive gap and...a whistle (at speed) .
Needles to say I put them back in.

Where did you get your bumper?
And where can I see some more pics of your ride?!!!
Oh I almost forgot, turn signals in bumper are functional led's wired in with the turn signals from the headlights, the chrome bulbs give of exactly the same deep orange light as the led's so I'm pretty happy with the set up.

Before getting the chromed bulbs I did try finding led turn signal bulbs but couldn't find them anywhere!!!! because the Porsche bulb (when looking from the bottom) has the pins at 12 and 7 whereas all others have them at 12 and 6....

Listen congrats, you've got an absolutely beautiful Porsche there!
That said... I do love my Porsche, I love my Porsche, I love my Porsche, I love my Porsche, I... Ok time to take my medication...

Cheers,

Sid.

Attached Images  
Old 02-10-2011 | 08:01 AM
madmaxgr is infamous around these parts
here are the final fotos with the headlights cover painted
i think it is very beautiful

Attached Images      
Old 02-10-2011 | 08:03 AM
JG GT500 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by madmaxgr
here are the final fotos with the headlights cover painted
i think it is very beautiful
Looks great. Where did you get the covers?

Old 02-10-2011 | 09:30 AM
madmaxgr is infamous around these parts
here in greece in a local tuner for 350e.
i think the best value for money to make 996 look 997/998
i will send you more info for the seller soon

Old 02-11-2011 | 09:18 AM
tarzancoe is infamous around these parts
Those look great.

Old 03-27-2011 | 11:35 PM
propr`one is infamous around these parts
What ever happened to these?

Old 03-29-2011 | 12:59 PM
rgriep is infamous around these parts
If everything fails use a sticker type of cover. It's easy, cheap and reversible. For me personally I love those head lights. They are very special and unmistakable. The gt1 has them till today...

Old 03-30-2011 | 01:41 AM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
Would be interested as well. Has anyone ever tried a vinyl solution? Maybe cover the inner part with a vinyl as well as the headlight washer so it still works on the outer circle?

Old 03-30-2011 | 08:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
If anyone is interested we have some. PM if you are interested in a set.

Old 03-31-2011 | 07:16 AM
JG GT500 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
If anyone is interested we have some. PM if you are interested in a set.

Pics?

Old 03-31-2011 | 07:43 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JG GT500
Pics?
Sorry no pics right now.

Old 03-31-2011 | 07:56 AM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
Are they fiberglass, carbon fiber, or vinyl overlays?

Old 03-31-2011 | 10:32 AM
Basic Sponsor
We have it in fiberglass and can make it in CF, but have not tried that one yet.

Last edited by PrecisionPorsch; 03-31-2011 at 03:44 PM. Reason: deleted an error on my part
Old 03-31-2011 | 01:02 PM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
Looks to me like the turn signal is still useable. I'm not seeing where it is covered up?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 996tt round headlight conversion idea