996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Good REAR SWAYBAR ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 02:24 AM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
Good REAR SWAYBAR ?

I am looking to get a rear swaybar. Right now when I turn, I feel much understeer. Which REAR SWAYBAR is good for street driving? Do I need to buy adjustable droplink? Right now I have PS9. Thanks.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
H&R all the way

Old 05-28-2010, 09:36 AM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
I like my adjustable GT3. it takes a lot of the push out. I believe Dan @ vivid racing can fix you up with one of these. It is a factory Porsche piece.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:41 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
How much do you want to spend?

Old 05-28-2010, 11:27 AM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
HAHA!!! Nothing like starting with the absolute best... How much?

Old 05-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Please dont just buy a rear swaybar. Porsche designed both of the swaybars to work together on the car. If you change rear sway rates the car will oversteer w/o compensating in the front... therefore making your car worse than it currently is.

Funny that Bob would post that bladed tarett bar as I have one that is just teh step down from that on my old porsche.

We design and test our swaybars, make them in small runs and we supply professional teams w/them across the globe. Take that for what it is worth. They were also run on the GT2 that just won one lap of america.

Please let me know if i can be of assistance.

Last edited by TPCRacing; 05-28-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:05 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
$3-700 would be. But if more is needed and quality justifys the price, absolutely willing to spend.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I absolutely disagree. You leave the stock size on the front and put a bigger rear bar to help induce oversteer. For a street car this is great as the AWD will act more like a RWD but the front wheels will pull you through where an old Porsche RWD you would loop it. Ultimately this totally depends on driving style. My old 996 Turbo I ran a stock front and H&R rear and loved it.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:20 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 80shilling
HAHA!!! Nothing like starting with the absolute best... How much?
I don't think Tarett has finished designing their sway blade yet, but the retail cost is $1299.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:34 PM
RickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond reputeRickEager has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
Please dont just buy a rear swaybar. Porsche designed both of the swaybars to work together on the car. If you change rear sway rates the car will oversteer w/o compensating in the front... therefore making your car worse than it currently is.
I see you are a sponsor with experience with these cars, however my car is proof you are absolutely wrong with your statement. My car has only a rear GT3 adjustable bar with a stock setup on the front and almost all the push is gone! My car handles very well and I wouldn't change anything about it!

Old 05-28-2010, 12:35 PM
I see HR has 24mm. rear. What hole position in adjustable, you use, stiffest one?
Does HR make make anything bigger?
Could stock droplink be used?
Originally Posted by vividracing
I absolutely disagree. You leave the stock size on the front and put a bigger rear bar to help induce oversteer. For a street car this is great as the AWD will act more like a RWD but the front wheels will pull you through where an old Porsche RWD you would loop it. Ultimately this totally depends on driving style. My old 996 Turbo I ran a stock front and H&R rear and loved it.

Last edited by aroonkl; 05-28-2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: add
Old 05-28-2010, 12:36 PM
drhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to behold
I agree I have a '00 S4 gutted track car, AWD, with only rear sway

and it made the handling near neutral, slight 4 wheel drift after the apex is nice. Of course the cage, and coilovers help as well, but if you replace only rear and you have too much oversteer then get the front bar next.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:37 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
I don't think Tarett has finished designing their sway blade yet, but the retail cost is $1299.
In the grand scheme of things, $1,299.00 isn't all THAT horrendous... Looks like a fantastic piece.. very much like the RSR Race Car swaybars....

Old 05-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RickEager@***.n
I see you are a sponsor with experience with these cars, however my car is proof you are absolutely wrong with your statement. My car has only a rear GT3 adjustable bar with a stock setup on the front and almost all the push is gone! My car handles very well and I wouldn't change anything about it!

I am happy that you are content with the way that your car works. We do have some experience with race cars, building suspension and pro racing, so my comments do have merit. Regardless, it is good that you are happy with your car.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Casey,
Your front swaybar is stiffer than stock, right?
How would you compare TPC rear Swaybar to HR or GT3, stiffer?
(I would like to have the car oversteer little bit.)
Is it adjustable both Front / Rear ?
Could it work with Stock Droplinks?
Thanks.
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing

Funny that Bob would post that bladed tarett bar as I have one that is just teh step down from that on my old porsche.

We design and test our swaybars, make them in small runs and we supply professional teams w/them across the globe. Take that for what it is worth. They were also run on the GT2 that just won one lap of america.

Please let me know if i can be of assistance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good REAR SWAYBAR ?