996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

HELP... Coolant refill problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 01:33 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mad Ness
+1 and what ttboost said leave the lever open. at first warm up, fill, cool down, warm up again, then suggest taking short drives around the block a few times before making longer trips. just to be safe.
Excellent advice,
Thanks !

Old 06-06-2010, 07:39 PM
btapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of light
Do you flip it to the middle? Is that considered open or just flip it to the other side?

Old 06-06-2010, 07:43 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Middle, up.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:48 AM
btapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of light
Update: opening the purge valve seems to be working fine on my car. I filled it a few times over the last 24 hours and the car is running cool in 90 degree Atlanta heat. I may leave it open another day or so then it should be good to go. Just thought I would pass this along since there was some debate about using that special tool for the job.

Have a good weekend everyone,

Old 06-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
I have just finished my car as well and have used the valve lift method and would seem to have worked for me. Been 3 days now and keeping an eye on the fluid level.
My local Porsche garage doesn't use the vacuum method, they think is damages the hoses and is not good for the o rings used .
Thank goodness for that , that's one tool I dont have to buy
The DIY method would seem to be the one Porsche Glasgow prefer as well.
I too would like to thank all that gave advise.
Frank

Old 06-11-2010, 05:35 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Good news!

Originally Posted by Sunnyside
I have just finished my car as well and have used the valve lift method and would seem to have worked for me. Been 3 days now and keeping an eye on the fluid level.
My local Porsche garage doesn't use the vacuum method, they think is damages the hoses and is not good for the o rings used .
Thank goodness for that , that's one tool I dont have to buy
The DIY method would seem to be the one Porsche Glasgow prefer as well.
I too would like to thank all that gave advise.
Frank
That's a very good news. It is frustrating when we don't have feedback. Thanks for informing us of your happy ending. Enjoy your car in this fantastic Scotland!