996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

2nd Bay Area 6speedonline Annual Meet/Drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 01:11 AM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
Originally posted by collin996tt
Let's get a CGT to go. Mr. Monster Cable?
I'll go chat with the sales manager at stanford euro - he just sold two SL65's to Noel Lee, so he might know him . I'll see if maybe he'll ask some of his clients if they want to come, since it's pretty much a high roller gathering. But I wasn't sure if you guys wanted any Lambos coming...

Old 01-29-2005, 09:03 AM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
6speedonline Annual Meet/Drive

Is it a "high roller gathering" or "6speedonline/Porsche" gathering?

I think it would be best to keep it Porsche only, unless your invited. And if you want to bring a non Porsche, inquire with Alex.

Old 01-29-2005, 09:14 AM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
I would think that unless Akkurat and Carlsen want to make this just a car gathering, I suggest it stay / be limited to Porsches (with perhaps a few very limited exceptions already).

I hope the concept of opening it up to a very limited few (6speed members) that do not have Porsches is not creating problems.

Last edited by dpblessing; 01-29-2005 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:29 AM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
I don't think inviting Fred and (excuse me for not knowing your name) GoWide to come is a problem.

The problem is someone calling it a "highroller gathering" and everything shows up.

Again, your invited if you own a Porsche and if you want to drive something else to the event, please ask permission

Last edited by Brian Haske; 01-29-2005 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Brian Haske
I don't think inviting Fred and (excuse me for not knowing your name) GoWide to come is a problem.

The problem is someone calling it a "highroller gathering" and everything shows up.

Again, your invited if you own a Porsche and if you want to drive something else to the event, please ask permission
I agree...

Certainly Fred, as the originator of the first mega-event would be a legacy attendee, even if he drove up in a Celica and is no 'problem', IMO, unless he starts to sing.

I imagine that GoWide is also no 'problem'. However, calling car dealerships and asking them to invite non P-Car customers, does not seem in the spirit of this gathering.

Last edited by dpblessing; 01-29-2005 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:58 AM
I totally agree

-Im very thankful Ive never had to hear Fred sing.

Old 01-29-2005, 11:25 AM
collin996tt is infamous around these parts
If GoWide can talk Mr. Monster Lee into letting him take his CGT for a day then he's definitely not a problem in my book

Otherwise, all non-porsche-6speeders should go to Akkurat and get an "inspection" by Alex The Sharkster first.

If Sharky approves, we approve.

Old 01-29-2005, 11:32 AM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
Originally posted by dpblessing
I agree...

Certainly Fred, as the originator of the first mega-event would be a legacy attendee, even if he drove up in a Celica and is no 'problem', IMO, unless he starts to sing.

I imagine that GoWide is also no 'problem'. However, calling car dealerships and asking them to invite non P-Car customers, does not seem in the spirit of this gathering.
Fair enough, that's why I asked

Old 01-29-2005, 12:33 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
NO ITALIAN TRASH!

Old 01-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Re: 2nd Bay Area 6speedonline Annual Meet/Drive

Just in case anyone missed the 1st page update from Sharky...

Originally posted by sharkster
Update: 1/28/05
OK folks, the starting point will be to meet at Carlsen Porsche where we'll be able to park and be provided with coffee and dougnuts (woo woo) at 9:30am:

After some chit-chat and stuff, I figure we should head down (we'll print out a route etc...) for a luncheon organized by Robert over at the Baja Cantina at 3pm. Let's head down in groups and please keep it safe folks- it's not a race. We'll do track days for more spirited driving (remember we don't want the coppers on us or any mishaps).

The Lunch Menu Will be a buffet (Robert got it down to 30 per head):
Chicken Quesadillas
Ceasar Salad
Vegtable Tray
BBQ Shrimp
Chicken/Beef Fajitas
Cheese Enchiladas

Robyn, Itzkirb, Robert et all will figure out the route soon.

Old 01-29-2005, 01:04 PM
Thanks Alex, for emphasizing it not being a race. The last trek to santana row did get a bit out of hand, especially when some fool decided to pass the porsches on the right shoulder at 100mph!

ItzKirb, let's make it an Amazing Race kinda route. You know, stop at diff locations for further instructions

Old 01-29-2005, 01:08 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
What? We're going to Race? COOL!

Last one there PAYS!

Old 01-29-2005, 01:19 PM
You will be the last one and paying if you race and get a ticket

Old 01-29-2005, 01:37 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Oh before anyone leaves, I'm flashing you guys all back to stock to make sure lol...

Old 01-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Can you flash the 928 ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2nd Bay Area 6speedonline Annual Meet/Drive