996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

MikeR397's Porsche Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 10:46 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
Hum, that's interesting, never seen the Strosek Wing before. I sorta like it, but it might be an acquired taste for me. Still think I want the Gt2 wing if I"m going to change to anything. I like the stock turbo wing when extended, just the fact that it always goes down and I'll have to pay several hundred for a fixed mount option makes me want to consider spending some more on a GT2 wing.

BTW, on another note, I had some company over tonight and several people were asking to see the Porsche. It was a joy to open the garage and fire it up with that lovely Europipe growl. Sounds soooo good on a cold start, and it truely left everyone speechless. I've had this car for 9 months now and it's still is nothing but joy for me

ETA: I'm also still looking for 70mm DUAL STYLE europipe exhaust tips, and will pay cash or trade my 70mm oval style tips for + a little cash. I'm 100% not interested in any other brand tips, or any other welding ideas, as I've already bought the 70mm Speedtech dual tips that DID NOT work well (pointed outward and stuck out too far and requred welding work too). AFAIK, Stef at EP just modifies stock tips to fit EP's 70mm stage 2 exhast, and I'm looking for someone with a EP stage 2 exhaust with dual style tips who just wants to trade or sell me those tips!

Last edited by MikeR397; 01-15-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:12 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I have the Strosek replica wing from Precision Porsche. It is absolutely stunning and looks very SLICK. Like it belongs there and totally stock (in a great way). It does in a way evoke a thoroughly modern "ducktail" look but is of course retractable. I will say the stock wing is good for a mere 20lb of down-force. This wing has at least twice the surface area much bigger angle of attack and a "gurney" flap on the back edge.

Unfortunately, The wing starts to flop around at higher speeds and just isn't solid enough. IMO that's not befitting a high end car. I've contacted Precision Porsche and they want me to bring the car in to their shop for a review but I'm a professional and that's just not that easy for me. I actually made an appointment with Tony to meet up with him before the holidays when business was slow and several calls to him at the agreed departure time went unanswered (voice mail) and I never got a callback from him. Although Edwin did follow up and try and smooth things over.

I'd like to get this resolved as I LOVE the look. But having that wing flopping around on the freeway @ 100 MPH defeats the purpose on a well built 700 HP car.

Here are few more pics to get you to salivate soo classy and sharp!!

Mike R, on an unrelated note my Remus 70mm exhaust with 100 cell cats measured a relatively low 3-4 PSI backpressure full tilt on race gas. That's 1.3-1.4 BAR of boost. That's running 550 AWHP on a stingy mustang dyno.

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 01-16-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:27 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari

I'd like to get this resolved as I LOVE the look. But having that wing flopping around on the freeway @ 100 MPH defeats the purpose on a well built 700 HP car.
Ari,

I promise you I will get this resolved. Although it's hard to coordinate two busy schedules, it's not a excuse for us to not make things right to your liking. I'll get with Tony on monday and have him give you a call. Can you pm me your cell number?

Thanks for your patience!

Edwin

Old 02-28-2011, 08:25 PM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
my strosek wing from edwin has given me no problems and I most likely drive faster than you

Old 06-09-2011, 09:35 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
Well, I've had the 996tt for a little over a year now, and I am still absolutely thrilled with it . It runs like a charm and is exciting to drive every single time. I've put on about 5k miles and drive it about 50% of the time I go anywhere.

Thanks also to my local 996tt buddy I met via this forum (bux996tt) for the great polish/wax we did at his place on my car a few weeks back. I don't think the car has ever looked so good!

Thanks to everyone on this forum for participating and creating so much great content. Without sixspeed I probably would have never bought the Porsche and I'm extremly grateful I did.

Last edited by MikeR397; 06-09-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:11 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Congrats, man... I remember the hours/days of thought that went into this purchase. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:56 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Congrats Mike,i'm very happy your so exited about your Porsche.They are great cars,everyone has much fun with them specially if it's a tt and a 996 even better

Old 06-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Congrats, man... I remember the hours/days of thought that went into this purchase. I'm glad it worked out for you.
Thanks Jasper, and thanks for your help at the beginning of this process as well. For those that didn't see my original thread in the GTR section (linked in OP I think), I was originally debating between a GTR and Vantage, then checked out a Jag XKR, before falling in love with the 996tt and the performance and value it offered. I definately put a lot of thought into it and enjoyed every second of the hunt, perhaps as much as I enjoy owning the car .

I've a good friend and business partner who just picked up a new 2012 GTR a couple months ago, and he is just as thrilled with it!

Business has been good for me so far this year, despite a hiccup or two, and perhaps next spring I"ll add a Ferrari F430 or Challenge Stradale to the collection. This car disease never stops....at least I've mostly curtailed the infamous "mod bug" which may be even more of a money pit.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:05 PM
I posted several hi-res pics of my Ferrari 360 and Porsche 996tt in my other thread here in the Ferrari section if anyone is interested: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3415446

Old 04-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Added a GT2 rear wing (still need to epoxy Turbo emblem back on), but I'm very pleased with the new, more aggressive look to the rear end.

I'll be selling the stock 996tt decklid/spoiler/hydralics if anyone wants to PM me an offer before I list them for sale. Not sure about the price yet, but will review recent listings and accept something fair.

A few photos of the new wing:

Attached Images    

Last edited by MikeR397; 04-02-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:49 PM
M996TT is infamous around these partsM996TT is infamous around these parts
Hi Turbo Fanatic, love the wheels from your post, a search to Strosek wheels does not return anything close. Do you know who offer those wheels?
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...2/strosek3.jpg

Old 07-20-2013, 08:47 PM
Ater a fast drive and a wash.

Attached Images  
Old 07-21-2013, 06:04 AM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
Nice update thread, love the cars. Noticed both your cars have wheels from the newer model on them . 996-997 wheels, 360 - 430 wheels.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:24 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
lol! I hadn't noticed the wheels on both cars until now...

Mike, cool to see a couple years later, that you're still happy with your purchases. Happy ending... at least for this chapter. Looking forward to more!

Old 07-21-2013, 06:15 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Looks great!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MikeR397's Porsche Turbo