996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Hennessey Venon GT - production starts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Stig?

Old 06-22-2010, 12:41 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
This is an amazing achievement and one another company tried but only made a few cars before they went under. A tuner becomes a manufacturer which is a monumental achievement! But I do admit.....I am a little jealous...I had this idea a long time ago...LOL. Right after Esthi had the idea to put an Audi 2.7 V6 TT in one I thought would not it be nice to have a LSx V8 in the same vein of the Elise GT1 which was the first V8 engined Elise.

Esthi 2.4

There original plan was to use the Viper V10, and I can understand them wanting to use an even better engine......

Old 06-22-2010, 01:29 PM
ColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud ofColoradoSilver has much to be proud of
So... from Wiki..

"The 2006 F1 cars have a power-to-weight ratio of 1250 hp/t (0.93 kW/kg). Theoretically this would allow the car to reach 100 km/h (60 mph) in less than 1 second. However the massive power cannot be converted to motion at low speeds due to traction loss and the usual figure is 2 seconds to reach 100 km/h (60 mph)."

So for this car to be 2,685 lbs and have 1200 hp, well ... It's hard to imagine trying to use this car on any public road with other traffic.

I suppose if you were going to dedicate it to track usage it would work out.

As was said earlier, it's most likely an incredible machine and a great achievement, but seems to be for those with more money than brains. Thus, respectively, will kill off many of those who own or drive this car.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:31 PM
gnx7 has a spectacular aura aboutgnx7 has a spectacular aura aboutgnx7 has a spectacular aura about
it looks pretty mean. Can't wait to see some real testing by Top Gear etc.

Is the Ricardo transmission the same one that is in the Ford GT? I know it is one heavy SOB.... but certainly strong.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:47 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
It has a significant rear weight bias which so it will have more traction than most high horsepower RWD cars.