996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

18" wheels that fit Brembo GT kit 380mm rotors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 12:44 AM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
FYI,

I just tried to fit my Forgstar F14's on a 380mm BBK and they were no where even close to fitting

Old 12-02-2011, 12:12 AM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
update

to update. went with jongbloed's. great wheels

had to make minor adjustments to fit. Looking back, suggest if you're thinking about 380mm BBK, keep with 19"s or if you must have 18" wheels, go with the smaller 350mm BBK.

Attached Images  
Old 12-02-2011, 02:00 AM
Boostin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mad Ness
to update. went with jongbloed's. great wheels

had to make minor adjustments to fit. Looking back, suggest if you're thinking about 380mm BBK, keep with 19"s or if you must have 18" wheels, go with the smaller 350mm BBK.
Mad Ness, first of, your car looks great! Love the yellow headlights! Mine (pic below) is similar and the yellow headlights are next up on my list.

How do you like the Jongbloeds? I've taken a look those (only online) and they look like some nice, well-built wheels. I was actually quite close to giving them a call. If you don't mind sharing, what is the ballpark for a set?

So I went through this same ordeal at about the same time you did but for some reason never came across your post. I looked at pretty much all of the wheels posted above and ended up going with Fikse FM5s and FM10s (now the Profil). For anyone else looking to run 380s with a step lip wheel, you have to pay close attention to your offsets relative to the drop step on the barrel because with the wrong combination, you will have clearance issues. The manufacturer as well as the width of the barrel both play a role in the width between the drop step and the mounting flange of the barrel. And the offsets and total width you go with ultimately determine the width of the inner barrel as well as the outer lip. So what this all means is that if you have the same size 3-piece wheels from different manufacturers, one may fit while the other may not.

Attached Images  
Old 12-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Boostin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
Go to know seems like only 19" rims work with 380mm - anybody know if CCW (any style) work in 18"?
The majority of responses above are in reference to 18s. Quick list off the top of my head would be CCW's Corsair line, Fikse Profil, BBS E88 (LMs will NOT work), HRE Competition series, Jongbloeds, and Cargraphic (I think but don't recall models). There is definitely a limited list of others that would fit as well. Like I think that some of GMGs wheels will work and I'd like to think that some of the new monoblocks from various manufacturers might work too but you'd have to confirm.

Just to confirm for everybody, I'm running 380s with Fikse 18s.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
For anyone that needs wheels that will clear these calipers, we can make those and help out with that setup! Just let us know!