996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I don't get it, GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 06:32 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
I don't get it, GT3

What is the big deal with the GT3, no turbos and not even that good looking, what is all the fuss over?

Old 01-27-2005, 06:37 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
i never believe fuss. u need to go drive one. it's all about u like it or not.

Old 01-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Official Dipshit 2006
shiggins is infamous around these parts
I wanted one after I drove one really badly. Had to settle for a 997S, poor me

It is, I think, more raw than some of the other porsche models. Harkens back to the older 911's.

Old 01-27-2005, 06:44 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
It's the purest 911 you can buy from Porsche in North America.

Old 01-27-2005, 06:51 PM
MetalSolid is infamous around these parts
Also, what's all the big fuss about 996TTs...?

Hang on, there is no big fuss about Turbos, ever since they tried to make it appeal to everyone.

Old 01-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
The only way to understand the fuss over a GT3 is to drive one. Once you start to push one fast, you'll never miss the Turbo.

I found the GT3 exciting enough to justify buying one despite the fact that I love my GT2.

Old 01-27-2005, 06:58 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
you serious rave? I've never driven one and can tell pretty much why it's a must have

Turbo's can be overrated in many instances, there is nothing like the power of a high revving NA motor (honda's have taught me something)

Old 01-27-2005, 07:30 PM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
Turbo's can be overrated in many instances, there is nothing like the power of a high revving NA motor (honda's have taught me something) [/B][/QUOTE

Jane, you ignorant ****

I hear this all the time and it tickles me. . . "The smooth power band of the NA engine." You know, I have driven both including the best NA engine Porsche makes (CGT), and if you drive the TT like the NA and keep revs above 3500, the subtle lag is more than made up for in rediculous power. Keep the revs high in the turns and you are as quick as anything else. Make it to the straight and it is say hello to my dust and stones.

Put your TT on a diet, make the necessary suspension and tire adjustments, add a few horses and there is NOTHING better. The GT-3 is great bang for the buck so it will never be overrated, but so is the C6 zO6. I'll bet it will feel empty to be passed by a 'vette while driving the GT-3. I wouldn't know because I drive a TT. Neither one passes me.

Just kidding about the D. Akroyd line. Always wanted to use it and I figured it would stir a hot debate.

Last edited by james; 01-27-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:38 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
GT3 is the badest *** rough riding bone jarring kidney slaming machine since the 993 baby! Get a ride in one with a good driver or drive one yourself and you shall see.

Old 01-27-2005, 08:03 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by james
Turbo's can be overrated in many instances, there is nothing like the power of a high revving NA motor (honda's have taught me something) [/QUOTE

Jane, you ignorant ****

[/B]

Scary, I'm old enough to remember seeing that, and not in a re-run!

Old 01-27-2005, 08:10 PM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Marc996Miami
GT3 is the badest *** rough riding bone jarring kidney slaming machine since the 993 baby! Get a ride in one with a good driver or drive one yourself and you shall see.
Is that an add for the PBR (pro bull riding) on ESPN 3?

Old 01-27-2005, 08:26 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
http://www.pusboil.com/jane.wav

http://www.pusboil.com/snl.htm
This is a good wav site in case you ever want to reply with an audio clip.

Another good site is:
http://new.wavlist.com/movies/253/index.html

Sorry this is OT, your line just got me going. Old SNL stuff, really funny.

Old 01-27-2005, 09:04 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
rave is just teasing - at leats I hope he is or he has just revealed he knows nothing about driving Rave your kidding - right ? bud ?

Old 01-27-2005, 09:14 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Re: I don't get it, GT3

Originally posted by Rave TT
What is the big deal with the GT3, no turbos and not even that good looking, what is all the fuss over?
Best value for the money of any current production Pcar IMO. It's my 2nd favorite Pcar.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I don't get it, GT3