996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Going to run an akrapovic cbr 1000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 02:01 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
The higher you start, the easier the kill. I think you have him anyway, but bring your "A" game. Good fuel, big boost and slaughter him, NO EXCUSES!!!

Old 06-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
If BBI Exhaust will take a 5.7-5.9 car down to a 5.0 - 5.2 car then I'm getting a BBI so I can go from a 4.8 to a 4.0 car

You shouldn't have any problems. I ran a new ZX10R and a modded newer GSX-R1000 and put 5 cars or so on the GSX-R and a lot more on the ZX10R. That was without brake boosting and I also may or may not have forgot to shift into 4th for a few seconds LOL! Lil Powell goes "Man they stopped your pull for a sec and then you started walking again" I looked at him and said "Did you hear the rev limiter for a few seconds?" ... "I hate you so much....."

The guys were cool though they came up to the stop light and asked how much power the car made and I told them and they both said "Holy ****!!!" at the same time LOL! They may think twice before picking on a Porsche with straight pipes on it LOL!!!
Chris,

Since I ran the 5.79 I have installed upgraded TB and plenum, full blow through Proto maf, 5 inch IC's, 83 lb injectors and the BBI exhuast.

BTW, it is my understanding that my car is now programmed for brake boosting.

I will also be running 1.65 bars, and I have never run my car over 1.5 before.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
OH, he does not have the power commander.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:18 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
In that case you will win....

Old 06-18-2010, 02:20 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
this should be interesting...but i think you will take the W

Old 06-18-2010, 02:28 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
So he has about 160hp??

You should win especially if you take the race as high as you plan to.

Mount a video cam pointing back!!

Good luck and be safe...

Old 06-18-2010, 02:29 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Ask him if he has a Bazzaz system. It a newer version of the Powercommander and very trick.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:45 PM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slavik
this should be interesting...but i think you will take the W
your avatar is much more interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate you!

Old 06-18-2010, 02:45 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Chris,

I will also be running 1.65 bars, and I have never run my car over 1.5 before.

Engines don't ping at 1.5 with Todds tuning.But nice try. You probably have been hitting 1.65-1.7 in the past & did not even realize it ,due to the fact you can't possibly stare at the stock boost gauge while racing.

Your car has not had a Greedy EBC that allows you to read the last high boost run,so that means you have no idea what your boost amount has been, but the way you turn up your boost in the past I would bet it has been as high as 1.65-1.7 bar.

Old 06-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Mgib is a splendid one to beholdMgib is a splendid one to beholdMgib is a splendid one to beholdMgib is a splendid one to beholdMgib is a splendid one to beholdMgib is a splendid one to beholdMgib is a splendid one to behold
178hp stock, 388 lbs dry stock. I'd ask him to take off his seat to see WHICH piggyback he has. Actually doesn't matter case you're both gonna have fun.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:17 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Engines don't ping at 1.5 with Todds tuning.But nice try. You probably have been hitting 1.65-1.7 in the past & did not even realize it ,due to the fact you can't possibly stare at the stock boost gauge while racing.

Your car has not had a Greedy EBC that allows you to read the last high boost run,so that means you have no idea what your boost amount has been, but the way you turn up your boost in the past I would bet it has been as high as 1.65-1.7 bar.
I think the stock gauge only reads to 1.5bar. You could be making 2bar and think you are only at 1.5.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
I think the stock gauge only reads to 1.5bar. You could be making 2bar and think you are only at 1.5.
In addition to that, the stock gauge doesn't seem to be very accurate at high-boost levels.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
In addition to that, the stock gauge doesn't seem to be very accurate at high-boost levels.
I'm not convinced it's accurate at 1.3bar!!!

Old 06-18-2010, 03:23 PM
RyanZ06 is infamous around these parts
you'll beat him

Old 06-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
When I had my stock DME I saw 1.5 bar on my dash when I was at 26-27psi.

My gauge reads .8bar now even at 30psi spikes

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Going to run an akrapovic cbr 1000