996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help My 2002 996 turbo doesnt want to start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 02:21 PM
mike123 is infamous around these parts
I did a pressure test on the pump no pressure at all. Somebody told me that I should have about 50lbs of pressure. I'm going to change the fuel pump what the hell I have changed everything else. lol

Old 06-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mike123
I did a pressure test on the pump no pressure at all. Somebody told me that I should have about 50lbs of pressure. I'm going to change the fuel pump what the hell I have changed everything else. lol
Yep thats about right .ie 3.8 bar x 14.7= 55.89 lbs.
Sounds like you have solved the problem.
I dont think at this stage I need take my fuel pipe off again to check position 2 of the ignition. No point.
Don't forget Markski's reply about fuel pick up lines. Take a look you have to take the pump out any way . Might save you the cost of a pump??Please let us all know what the condition of all the fuel lines and plastic bits in the tank and around the fuel pump. Gonna be interesting. Mine is 02 model!!
Frank.

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 06-30-2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: add some more
Old 06-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Anybody have any ideas on where to get a fuel pump besides the dealer. I will tell you guys what happens. lol

Last edited by mike123; 06-30-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:41 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Anybody have any ideas on where to get a fuel pump besides the dealer. I will tell you guys what happens. lol
Pelican or Sunset are normally good for price....

Old 07-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Troy Jollimore is infamous around these parts
Wink

Awesome handholding, sunnyside... Good thing his problem wasn't fixing something smashed...

"Hold on while ah hit mah car with this caber! There! Now we can troubleshoot together..."

Seriously, wow. Not too often you see guys taking their cars apart to help out someone in need.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:29 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Troy Jollimore
Awesome handholding, sunnyside... Good thing his problem wasn't fixing something smashed...

"Hold on while ah hit mah car with this caber! There! Now we can troubleshoot together..."

Seriously, wow. Not too often you see guys taking their cars apart to help out someone in need.
Cheers Troy,
Very kind of you to say so.
It wasn't too hard a task to do. When I was doing a lot a Rallying it was the norm'. Even a fellow competitor might lend you a spare steering Rack or control arm, knowing he was helping somebody who might beat him at the end of the day.
I had a Camshaft go on a National A Tarmac Rally once half way through the event. I spent a fortune preparing the car for it and the entry fee. My mate who came to spectate took his Camshaft out of his road Cosworth, in a public car park for me to use. However, we found more underlying problems once we took mine out so I didn't use it. The Cam broke whilst I was doing at least 130+ on closed road and did much more damage than I thought. The point is he took his out of his car without being asked.

Frank.

Ps before anybody asks....no i'm not going to do that. LOL

Old 07-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Finally Fixed. lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll l
Fuel pump has a little rubber hose on it split in half reducing the pressure. I just put A NEW FUEL PUMP IN FROM THE DEALER. THE NEW ONE DIDNT HAVE THAT RUBBER HOSE PORSCHE CHANGED THE DESIGN. She started right away. I just wanted to thank everybody who helped me out. THE DEALER HAD THE BEST PRICE FOR THE FEUL PUMP.

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Old 07-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Finally Fixed. lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll l
Fuel pump has a little rubber hose on it split in half reducing the pressure. I just put A NEW FUEL PUMP IN FROM THE DEALER. THE NEW ONE DIDNT HAVE THAT RUBBER HOSE PORSCHE CHANGED THE DESIGN. She started right away. I just wanted to thank everybody who helped me out. THE DEALER HAD THE BEST PRICE FOR THE FEUL PUMP.

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Fantastic. Good News indeed.
Can you post a Pic of the hose?? I bet I have the old design.
Cheers and well done.
Frank

Old 07-10-2010, 01:58 PM
give me a few for the pic

Old 07-10-2010, 02:02 PM
give me a few for the pic
Cool.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:14 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Thanks for the update!

Old 07-10-2010, 05:14 PM
MorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Sunnyside
I'm looking at my 996tt 2002 wiring diagram for the fuel pump and there seems to be no big surprises.
The Fuel Pump ( FP) is fed direct from Fuel Pump Relay ( FPRL) from con-tack 87 which is fed from Fuse C4
There is another fuse showing here C5 . Looks like it by-passes the FPRL for some reason. Goes to contact pin 87 on the FPRL then directly to the pump. I wonder if it comes from the iggnition switch as an initial kick to the pump when cranking?
The FPRL switching circuit is fed live 12volts from VS 100 terminal to con-tack pin 86 on the FPRL.
The FPRL is switched on/off by the dme on con-tack pin 85.
There would appear to be nothing else to stop the FPRL switching the Pump on.
Hope it helps a little.
Frank
ps I would send you a copy of the wiring diagram but its an adobe file so I dont know how to put it onto the forum. I dont seem to be able to copy & past it?
don't forget, you can always take a screen shot, best tool ever for me sometimes...especially on bills or online purchases to prove the purchase or what not...etc, the possibilities are endless, I have MANY saved screenshots.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by MorePSiTehBett4
don't forget, you can always take a screen shot, best tool ever for me sometimes...especially on bills or online purchases to prove the purchase or what not...etc, the possibilities are endless, I have MANY saved screenshots.
When you say Screen Shot is that the same as print Screen. Then what do I do with the data so I can save it to down load on to onto 6 Speed.
Cheers
Frank.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:07 AM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sunnyside
Cheers Troy,
Very kind of you to say so.
It wasn't too hard a task to do. When I was doing a lot a Rallying it was the norm'. Even a fellow competitor might lend you a spare steering Rack or control arm, knowing he was helping somebody who might beat him at the end of the day.
I had a Camshaft go on a National A Tarmac Rally once half way through the event. I spent a fortune preparing the car for it and the entry fee. My mate who came to spectate took his Camshaft out of his road Cosworth, in a public car park for me to use. However, we found more underlying problems once we took mine out so I didn't use it. The Cam broke whilst I was doing at least 130+ on closed road and did much more damage than I thought. The point is he took his out of his car without being asked.

Frank.

Ps before anybody asks....no i'm not going to do that. LOL

Is that what they call "bumping bumpsticks"?

Old 02-16-2012, 09:41 AM
My radio doesn't work? The radio comes on but when i hit the am fm buttons nothing happens no frequency at all. Can anybody help?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help My 2002 996 turbo doesnt want to start