996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Painting and installation cost on a GT2 style front bumer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 04:36 PM
godxilla is infamous around these parts
Painting and installation cost on a GT2 style front bumer

Hello - i am considering purchasing a GT2 style from bumper in fiberglass. I havent decided exactly which one, but probably one from misha911. For anyone who has had this done to their car, how much was in painting and installation from the body shop?

thank you...

Old 06-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Patrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant future
I had a Precision Porsche GT2-style front bumper and rear wing/deck. Total cost for both was $2400. That included just dropping the boxes off at the paint shop, fitting, finishing, and painting. Hope this helps. You can see the pics at my thread, "Just bought an '01 996tt"

Old 06-21-2010, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Patrnflyr
I had a Precision Porsche GT2-style front bumper and rear wing/deck. Total cost for both was $2400. That included just dropping the boxes off at the paint shop, fitting, finishing, and painting. Hope this helps. You can see the pics at my thread, "Just bought an '01 996tt"
was the $2400 for the bodyshop work or did that include the cost of the bumper, rear wing?

thx

Old 06-22-2010, 03:41 AM
NathanialHale is infamous around these parts
Do you want the GT2 nose to be functional? If so, I'd go with the OEM unit and pieces. for proper radiator ducting. The price is steeper, but well worth it.

NH

Old 06-22-2010, 05:56 AM
Patrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant futurePatrnflyr has a brilliant future
Just the body shop work. No parts included in price.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:46 AM
GMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by NathanialHale
Do you want the GT2 nose to be functional? If so, I'd go with the OEM unit and pieces. for proper radiator ducting. The price is steeper, but well worth it.

NH
Can you use gt2 ducts with any of the aftermarket bumpers or are aftermarket bumpers designed to use regular turbo ducts?

Old 06-22-2010, 09:21 AM
stealthdriver is infamous around these parts
I got an estimate from the best Porsche body shop here in ABQ and they quoted me $950-1300 for paint and installation of both a GT2 replica front bumper and GT2 replica decklid.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by godxilla
Hello - i am considering purchasing a GT2 style from bumper in fiberglass. I havent decided exactly which one, but probably one from misha911. For anyone who has had this done to their car, how much was in painting and installation from the body shop?

thank you...
Depending on the product (if it needs work by the body shop), prices can range from $900 and up.

Let me know if I can help with pricing the front bumper for you.

Originally Posted by GMendoza
Can you use gt2 ducts with any of the aftermarket bumpers or are aftermarket bumpers designed to use regular turbo ducts?
The OEM bumper ducts will not work on the TA fronts. Some people have trimmed the OEM ducts on the GT2 front though

Edwin

Old 06-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Depending on the product (if it needs work by the body shop), prices can range from $900 and up.

Let me know if I can help with pricing the front bumper for you.

The OEM bumper ducts will not work on the TA fronts. Some people have trimmed the OEM ducts on the GT2 front though

Edwin
Please give me a quote on a gt2 bumper and add-on wing.

thanks