996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Alpha 28s vs old GT28s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 08:25 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by D_Nyholm
Any idea when these upgrades were made? I bought my car with the GT610 kit on it and I am not even certain what turbo's I have.
If its an EVOMS GT610 you have the Tial Alphas because they were available before that kit came out. I had that kit too. You can really wake it up more with larger injectors and a tune for not too much $.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:50 PM
flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !flash68 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
If you have a purely track car, the old hybrids are not a bad choice, instant spool.

They die out up top but by then you are in the turn, even on big tracks like TWS.
Not sure I agree with that. I have driven a GT660 and a GT700 car and my Alpha 28s spooled NOTICEABLY quicker than both of those similarly modded cars. I think the Alpha turbo is better in all scenarios based on what I experienced.

Originally Posted by MBailey
If its an EVOMS GT610 you have the Tial Alphas because they were available before that kit came out. I had that kit too. You can really wake it up more with larger injectors and a tune for not too much $.
Mike, does he say when that GT610 kit was installed? The old k16/28 turbos were used on that kit for quite awhile right? At least until mid to late 2008 or maybe later I believe. That's when I was doing my hardcore research to decide what to get.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:09 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flash68
Mike, does he say when that GT610 kit was installed? The old k16/28 turbos were used on that kit for quite awhile right? At least until mid to late 2008 or maybe later I believe. That's when I was doing my hardcore research to decide what to get.
I believe the GT660 was released in late Feb 2008 using "new" Garrett turbos. Yea, here is the thread...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-released.html
After that in April the GT610 was released with the same turbos. They were a little cagey about what the turbos really were. I bought the GT610 kit in May of 2008. Stephen K told me the turbos were new and would be the standard for GT610, 660, and 700 kits. I remember unwrapping the turbos, seeing the Tial stamp, and thinking who are these Tial guys? LOL...

I was told by EVOMS that they were the first tuner to get these turbos. I think as far as EVOMS goes to get the old Garrett GT-28 hybrids you had to purchase a GT640 or GT700 before early 2008 or so. I think that the newer kits GT660 and GT610 always were sold with A28s.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:21 AM
earlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud of
Based on my conversation with EVOMS this week, all the high-HP kits use the same turbos. The difference is fueling and boost.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:22 AM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
I think as far as EVOMS goes to get the old Garrett GT-28 hybrids you had to purchase a GT640 or GT700 before early 2008 or so. I think that the newer kits GT660 and GT610 always were sold with A28s.
Yeah, I started out with the GT640 kit before I moved up - stayed with the same turbos, just upgraded other items and program to up the performance. The latest was upgrade was the dual-chip to take advantage of better fuel when I run it.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:37 AM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
I believe the GT660 was released in late Feb 2008 using "new" Garrett turbos. Yea, here is the thread...
After that in April the GT610 was released with the same turbos. They were a little cagey about what the turbos really were. I bought the GT610 kit in May of 2008. Stephen K told me the turbos were new and would be the standard for GT610, 660, and 700 kits. I remember unwrapping the turbos, seeing the Tial stamp, and thinking who are these Tial guys? LOL...

I was told by EVOMS that they were the first tuner to get these turbos. I think as far as EVOMS goes to get the old Garrett GT-28 hybrids you had to purchase a GT640 or GT700 before early 2008 or so. I think that the newer kits GT660 and GT610 always were sold with A28s.
Thanks!!
I actually bought the car that had the first application of the EVOMS GT610 kit. I guess that means they are the Tial Alphas. Good to know!! I was actually considering bringing it to EPL for a set of injectors and clutch (still stock clutch) and waking it up a bit more!

Old 06-28-2010, 09:42 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
I was actually considering bringing it to EPL for a set of injectors and clutch (still stock clutch) and waking it up a bit more!
I found this old video on tube, EPL, still funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfuZrVBxevQ&feature=related

Old 06-28-2010, 09:43 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Thanks!!
I actually bought the car that had the first application of the EVOMS GT610 kit. I guess that means they are the Tial Alphas. Good to know!! I was actually considering bringing it to EPL for a set of injectors and clutch (still stock clutch) and waking it up a bit more!
I highly recommend that...immediately!!!

Old 06-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
I found this old video on tube, EPL, still funny
Believe it or not that is actually Tony driving the car. He looks REALLY young for his age!

Old 06-28-2010, 10:30 AM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Powell
Believe it or not that is actually Tony driving the car. He looks REALLY young for his age!
nah, the driver is much too tall to be tony!

Old 06-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TiALSport
nah, the driver is much too tall to be tony!
Very true!!