996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

what is a 10k mile 02-03 gt2 ACTUALLY worth in this economy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 08:07 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
what is a 10k mile 02-03 gt2 ACTUALLY worth in this economy?

what have they ACTUALLY been selling for? asking prices really dont matter - just curious as to what buyers are actually paying. Love to hear the input on this one. Thank you.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:17 AM
earlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud of
I've looked at this market really closely recently. There are several really nice cars with asking prices around $100k that have been sitting and sitting.

I bought my car for well under $70k, but it has 50k miles and lots of mods (+ for me, may be negative for some).

I would say the "real" market for a low mileage, perfect GT2 from a buyer's perspective is around $80k or so. It's hard to call it a buyer's market when there are so few cars and sellers unwilling to face economic reality (big bid/ask spread), so things just don't trade.

It doesn't matter what the bid is if the sellers won't sell.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
80k is about right.. they may ask 90 but 80k seems fair..

Mike

Old 06-24-2010, 08:28 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting website, but sorry no GT2 listed, few GT3's; guess it depends on how desperate the sellers are to bail out? Very limited supply so I'm guessing still pretty pricey??

http://www.pricehub.com/price/Porsch...tion_date:DESC

Old 06-24-2010, 08:33 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, i have a mint 8,500 mile car that I was thinking about putting back on the market, but just trying to figure out if its a waste of time. I originally had it up for a hiar under 80, but just got people via phone calls that offered me high 60s sight unseen... nobody even came to look at it - and I had it up for 2 months. Finally I said, screw it, ill just keep it. I just saw a 03 go at auction (cobalt blue should bring a bit of a premium) with roughly 13k miles sold for 70, so I would hope retail is a bit better than that.

Does anyone think that the market will increase in the near future, or is that just wishful thinking?.. I would assume that these lowere mileage, stock cars, should be the most desireable....

Old 06-24-2010, 08:46 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Old 06-24-2010, 08:49 AM
yep, that thread is very helpful, but obviosuly doesnt contain production-by-color numbers.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
yep, that thread is very helpful, but obviosuly doesnt contain production-by-color numbers.
Agreed, but with those limited numbers if your looking for a specific car/mileage looks like vinyl wrap might be your only alternative if color is a big factor?

Old 06-24-2010, 08:59 AM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Sold my perfect '02GT2 with 3000 miles in Febuary 2009 for $89K
This included 19" Champion rg5's and gt3 seats plus the originals.

3 different dealers offered me anywhere from $55K - $70K buy or trade January of last year.

The Seinfeld '02 GT2 was on ebay the same time as mine and because it went just north of $100K (but did not sell) - I think it helped elevate the price I sold my car for.

Your car today, unfortunately about $75K max retail.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I know of a Grey '03 GT2 with 2k miles that sold for $85k less than a month ago.

For a stock, low mileage car like that, I think it will sell anywhere in the $80k - $90k range, depending on the color.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:12 AM
yeah, thats what I was thinking.. 75 area.
dive - yeah, mine is just boring arctic silver , so I dont think I will get any type of premium for the color, but I thought the low mileage would help a bit.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:29 AM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
$75 - $85K is what they are actually worth. I know of four people who have bought recently and that's the price range they paid for their Cars. I bought mine at the very bottom of the market and got a screaming deal, especially given the condition of the Car and the interior.

I have a hunch that these Cars might eventually appreciate a bit as people get tired of the flappy paddle shifters, the video game instrumentation, the traction control and get out of jail free electronic Nannies. At least I HOPE that will happen...

There aren't too many of the 996 GT2's out there.. I see way more Lamborghinis, Ferrari Scuderias, Aston Martins, GT3's and even Veyrons around here in the Bay Area than I see GT2's. I have NEVER seen another GT2 on the roads here, other than my friend Frank's Seal Grey 2003. I have seen 4 Veyrons, 5 or 6 Carrera GT's and many, many Scuderias etc. etc.

I get a TON of thumbs up from people in all sorts of Cars when I am out driving the GT2.... They get this goofy grin on their faces and start taking pictures with their Cell Phones.

Last edited by 80shilling; 06-24-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by 80shilling
I bought mine at the very bottom of the market.
Great so the recession is over?

Old 06-24-2010, 11:06 AM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
Great so the recession is over?
\

I wish...

But the prices for these Cars has gone up since I bought mine, or at least that's what it seems like.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:08 AM
I have noticed it seems like all Pcars are creeping upwards again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what is a 10k mile 02-03 gt2 ACTUALLY worth in this economy?