996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

tire decision help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 04:02 PM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of
thanks for the answer Eli.
GT2 does not have the PSM.
What will the impact on the ABS be? doesn't ABS just look at the wheel speed sensor and see when the wheel is not spinning? In that case easy off the brakes on that wheel a bit?

Old 07-29-2010, 12:42 AM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
My two cents, I had a set of nitto 555 extreme on a non pcar (i realize these are invos) and yes they were great in the dry but not so hot in the wet and I found that the tire life itself was really short. I don't do burnouts or drive super aggressively I personally had a bit of as problem with that as I had to replace them in no time.
I needed to buy a new set of tires because of a 3 peice rim gasket leak (don't ask) and found myself in this problem again. I looked at the invos price point can't beat them and mentioned it to the guy at discount tire about my 555 extreme problem of short life and he agreed that yes you will burn through these tires quickly. So instead I went with a set of falken fk452 similar price to the invos just slightly more expense but way better tire life (I had these on my first turbo and loved them) They work awesome in both wet or dry have tons of tread life and a pretty cool tread pattern if that matters. Invos look a little too funky for me. But like I said just my two cents just make sure you DON'T mix match brands.
Almost forgot if your car is lowered and you find yourself scrubbing up the inner rear tires like we all do, the falken are only "rotation" bias not "inside outside" bias so when you start wearing out the inner tire you can swap them with the otherside and double your tire life. Hope this helps.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:36 PM
dark.angel is infamous around these parts
Old 07-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AlexN
thanks for the answer Eli.
GT2 does not have the PSM.
What will the impact on the ABS be? doesn't ABS just look at the wheel speed sensor and see when the wheel is not spinning? In that case easy off the brakes on that wheel a bit?

Well pretty much you should know that the vehicle is set up to know and understand the number of revolutions the wheels are making at any given time in order to make the corrections necessary for their functions.

-Eli

Old 07-29-2010, 04:50 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Very interesting Eli,thanks,we keep learning.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
A couple of reputations points would be nice...

Old 07-29-2010, 06:29 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
There you go lol.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by unvmy996
There you go lol.
LOL... Good Man... I thought Alex would be sending them... Let me know if I can further assist,,,,

thx

Old 07-29-2010, 06:39 PM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of
gave you the gold medal. thanks!