996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Porsche museum visit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 01:05 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
Porsche museum visit

I am spending the next couple months in Germany, decided to play tourist, one of the first places is the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart. First let me tell you that my stay in Germany has been nothing but a blast, friendly people, great roads, excellent road laws and courteous drivers- I'm really digging this place!

I was giddy once I arrived at the museum, it's overwhelming at first, on one corner is the factory, on the other is best Porsche dealer on the planet (more later) and the other is the Museum. There is plenty of pay parking underground, and you will generally find some very nice examples privately owned. I had the forethought to take my PCA card, that really excited the cashiers and what I guessed was a floor manager, I didnt have to pay an entrance or parking fee (I would have paid full price without hesitation).

The museum is divided up by early and later years, not so much air vs water, but more of 1960 or so and below and the 1st floor, and the rest on the 2nd. The gift shop was smaller than I had anticipated but managed some good schwag for myself and friends back home, I was actually pointed in the direction of the dealer for more stuff...more later.

So lets skip the rest of the bs and get into the pics....

Stand by for more pics...

Last edited by DEEPBLUE; 06-28-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:09 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !

More pics to follow...

Last edited by DEEPBLUE; 06-28-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:21 PM

(No, this is not upside down, it was a demonstration of aerodyanmics)

More pics being loaded...

Last edited by DEEPBLUE; 06-28-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:28 PM
jdarzi is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Went there a few years ago. Looks like they remodeled/extended it. Had a blast as well. Pics looks awesome.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Celebrating my 1500th post....

(Not a Porsche, but powered by a Porsche/TAG turbo)

Last edited by DEEPBLUE; 06-28-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:35 PM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
awesome, thanks!

Old 06-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
Thanks for sharing. I am currently on a business trip in Frankfurt and wanted to swing by myself.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:54 PM

and one of my favorites...a platinum 959

That's all the pics for now, dont want to spoil it (if I haven't already) for those wanting to visit, but check out my next thread of the Stuttgart Porsche dealer across the street.

Last edited by DEEPBLUE; 06-28-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Definitely, I also have a the number for the person who arranges VIP factory tours if interested. I was running out of time but will be doing that as well. I also wanted to make the Mercedes museum also in Stuttgart, I'll do that after the factory tour.

Originally Posted by Yves
Thanks for sharing. I am currently on a business trip in Frankfurt and wanted to swing by myself.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:59 PM
doctorv8 is a jewel in the roughdoctorv8 is a jewel in the roughdoctorv8 is a jewel in the rough
Great pics. I was there in March; ate at the Christophorus restaurant that is behind the 5 rotating 911 Turbos....what a fantastic place!

....the only thing that beats the Porsche museum is the Mercedes Museum a few km away. Don't miss that one!

BTW....you need to post a pic of the 4 door 928..... not exactly a high point in Porsche design, but interesting nonetheless.... ;-)

Old 06-28-2010, 02:09 PM
There is a special group over on Rennlist where I was going to post those in, but yeah, the 4dr 928 was uh..also very interesting...here a couple of the more off the beaten path Porsches including the fore father of the 911... (The Christophorus restaurant was very good!)

I wish these would have turned out a little clearer, seeing the lines makes quite a visual impact.

Originally Posted by doctorv8
Great pics. I was there in March; ate at the Christophorus restaurant that is behind the 5 rotating 911 Turbos....what a fantastic place!

....the only thing that beats the Porsche museum is the Mercedes Museum a few km away. Don't miss that one!

BTW....you need to post a pic of the 4 door 928..... not exactly a high point in Porsche design, but interesting nonetheless.... ;-)

Last edited by DEEPBLUE; 06-28-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
I love a post with lots of Pics - This was a great post - Thanks!