996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jhuang25
Congrats on a good run... especially if he hooked up, it's a good result for your level of mods. Are you on race gas?
I believe he stated earlier that he was on pump (93).

I still don't see the problem here. He stated from the very beginning that he wouldn't race from a roll. No one forced the HPF car to run him from a dig, and I bet Prodigy would have been perfectly content not to race at all. But...he was pressured into it, and ended up embarrasing the much more powerful HPF car on video.

It's sort of like some loudmouth guy pressuring some other guy to fight him, and then when the instigator gets KTFO, instigator and his crew start complaining that it wasn't fair.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-01-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:32 AM
sspikey is a jewel in the roughsspikey is a jewel in the roughsspikey is a jewel in the roughsspikey is a jewel in the rough
oh how crappy
a 10 year old porsche with barely any bolt on can go through a car no older than 3 years old with massive turbo upgrades and other toys on it.

Next time offer him up a race with a Similarly modded TT996 to his from a roll.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
What does it matter? The HPF car lost badly to a car with hardly any mods (exhaust, tune, FPR), RWD with no LSD, on street tires, making only 500rwhp? Hell, the P-car was at a disadvantage! That's barely an 11-second car in that configuration.

Maybe next time he shouldn't race from a dig.
No, he should not have been nice enough to race this kid from a dig.

What it matters is showing some class and respect for your opponent and giving him the race he wants once you already got it.

This guy just fears losing. Who cares what mods? Run and see what the cars do.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
I've run a number of stage 2 HPF E46 cars in the past with my 996TT, and I can say there is NO WAY IN HELL that car can hook up from a stop. Even 1st gear roll, the car goes sideways, and 2nd gear, he still has issues at times hooking up... thus I don't see why he gave into racing from a dig unless he's on drag radials because he basically just bogs from a stop and then won't have enough time to catch a modded TT. After 120ish... the stage 2 HPF car just pulls hard!
Exactly, you get it.

It is much easier to launch a RWD 996tt than an HPF M3 especially one that is SMG.

He gave him a run from a stop because he thought this kid would give him a run from a roll but instead he took off and went home.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Banned
Congrats on a good run... especially if he hooked up, it's a good result for your level of mods. Are you on race gas?
He didn't hook up, he was on street tire and hit the limiter when using launch control. It was a bogus run and bogus race. If he will run anyone any time why does he fear going from a roll so badly?

Old 07-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Banned
I believe he stated earlier that he was on pump (93).

I still don't see the problem here. He stated from the very beginning that he wouldn't race from a roll. No one forced the HPF car to run him from a dig, and I bet Prodigy would have been perfectly content not to race at all. But...he was pressured into it, and ended up embarrasing the much more powerful HPF car on video.

It's sort of like some loudmouth guy pressuring some other guy to fight him, and then when the instigator gets KTFO, instigator and his crew start complaining that it wasn't fair.
The problem is he won't show his opponent the respect his opponent showed him.

He should have just acted like this kid and said, "nuh uh, I won't wron't race from a dig, nah nah nah "

It is nothing like some fight, don't agree with that analogy whatsoever. The only way that analogy would work is if two guys agree to a boxing match but one guy isn't allowed to use his hands. That is essentially what forcing an HPF SMG M3 to only run from a dig is.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by sspikey
oh how crappy
a 10 year old porsche with barely any bolt on can go through a car no older than 3 years old with massive turbo upgrades and other toys on it.

Next time offer him up a race with a Similarly modded TT996 to his from a roll.
What are you, crazy?

The M3 is NA to begin with, how does what you say make any sense? That 10 year old porsche would get trounced if you actually do a race that shows the cars power and not a race that allows this 996tt to make up for its lack of top end punch.

You are also talking a porsche that had to be converted to RWD to make up for the large drivetrain loss vs. the more efficient platform.

Now you are making excuses that a different 996tt should race since this one obviously would lose? Well, at lest everyone sees it.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURI0
He gave him a run from a stop because he thought this kid would give him a run from a roll but instead he took off and went home.
Why did he think that? Did Prodigy tell him that, or did he continually tell him he would only run from a dig?

From a roll, I think everyone will give the advantage to the car with 100 more HP and less weight. From a dig, however, it could have gone either way. I'm actually surprised the HPF car didn't seem to start reeling him in.

Anyway, this is simply a case of sour grapes. You can say it's unfair all you want...but the HPF M3 probably should have left it alone and not instigated the race in the first place. If he had, there wouldn't be a video floating around the internet of him getting his ***-handed to him by a barely-modded 996TT on street tires and pump gas.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Banned
Why did he think that? Did Prodigy tell him that, or did he continually tell him he would only run from a dig?

From a roll, I think everyone will give the advantage to the car with 100 more HP and less weight. From a dig, however, it could have gone either way. I'm actually surprised the HPF car didn't seem to start reeling him in.

Anyway, this is simply a case of sour grapes. You can say it's unfair all you want...but the HPF M3 probably should have left it alone and not instigated the race in the first place. If he had, there wouldn't be a video floating around the internet of him getting his ***-handed to him by a barely-modded 996TT on street tires and pump gas.
Exactly, everyone would give the advantage to the car with more HP which is the M3. If we want to show the faster car, do the race that shows the faster car.

I mean, this is simple enough. Race from a dig was done, 911 won, no surprise there. Race from a roll was not done. If this is about fun and he will race anyone, then why not just do it?

The HPF M3 did not instigate the race, the race was supposed to be between an ESS SC M3 and an upgraded turbo 335. I thought you read the thread?

Old 07-01-2010, 11:09 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
I need some popcorn!

Old 07-01-2010, 11:11 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
I find it comical that the word "respect" has been used in a conversation involving street racing. The guy got the race he wanted and complained. I've gotten beat before by a "slower" car and didn't get a rerun. Tough **** for me such is life. I didn't cry about it and that was that. I learned a lesson and it looks like a lesson was learned on this one. Race in your strong point if you want to win otherwise be able to take the result like a man.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Exactly, everyone would give the advantage to the car with more HP which is the M3. If we want to show the faster car, do the race that shows the faster car.
Well, he already did. He did the race that shows the faster car from a stop. You want him to do the race that shows the faster car from a roll. Two different things.

I mean, this is simple enough. Race from a dig was done, 911 won, no surprise there.
It surprises the heck out of me. I actually didn't expect the HPF car to lose that bad.

Race from a roll was not done. If this is about fun and he will race anyone, then why not just do it?
I personally would. But I'm not Prodigy.

If someone told me they didn't want to race from a roll, only a dig, at that point I'd either choose to run them or I wouldn't. It would be my choice.

The HPF M3 did not instigate the race, the race was supposed to be between an ESS SC M3 and an upgraded turbo 335. I thought you read the thread?
I read that 'someone' other than Prodigy instigated the race. Whether it was the owner of the HPF M3, or one of his buds...same difference.

What matters is that Prodigy made it clear that he would only run from a dig. After that, the ball was in the court of the HPF owner. He chose to run from a dig, knowing beforehand that Prodigy would not run from a roll. He lost, badly, and now the BMW guys are whining about the outcome.

You're right. It is simple.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
No, he should not have been nice enough to race this kid from a dig.

What it matters is showing some class and respect for your opponent and giving him the race he wants once you already got it.

This guy just fears losing. Who cares what mods? Run and see what the cars do.
Man there is something wrong with ya. "Nice enough"? Come on grow up. Just because he has a rare unique turbo setup does not mean he is "nice enough" to do let others race him. Following your logic I was nice enough to let hime try me. I do respect the oponent, I complemented his car and the fact that he came out and gave it a shot.

He did not GIVE me anything LOL. We agreed on a race. Try to coprehened that he did not give me anything

I told him that I would ONLY race from a dig. What part of that can you not comprehend. ONLY after he lost is where he started trying to pressure me into a roll.

He didn't hook up, he was on street tire and hit the limiter when using launch control. It was a bogus run and bogus race. If he will run anyone any time why does he fear going from a roll so badly?
Why? Out of principle. I said I will meet him at 11:30pm and do a dig. I came out at 11:30pm and did a dig. Nothing more nthing more nothing less.

The problem is he won't show his opponent the respect his opponent showed him.

He should have just acted like this kid and said, "nuh uh, I won't wron't race from a dig, nah nah nah "

It is nothing like some fight, don't agree with that analogy whatsoever. The only way that analogy would work is if two guys agree to a boxing match but one guy isn't allowed to use his hands. That is essentially what forcing an HPF SMG M3 to only run from a dig is.
Yes cause HPF M3 is a unicorn and can't start from a dig. My friends 500whp E92 did just fine from a dig with me. My car is 500rwhp and can start from a dig. Plenty friends have cobras and supras that are 500+rwhp and can all start from a dig.

It takes skill, practice and proper setup.

What are you, crazy?

The M3 is NA to begin with, how does what you say make any sense? That 10 year old porsche would get trounced if you actually do a race that shows the cars power and not a race that allows this 996tt to make up for its lack of top end punch.

You are also talking a porsche that had to be converted to RWD to make up for the large drivetrain loss vs. the more efficient platform.

Now you are making excuses that a different 996tt should race since this one obviously would lose? Well, at lest everyone sees it.
you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. weak top end punch? the distance between us was getting bigger and bigger.

Major LOL at more efficent platform and at your comments in general.

If you do not think traction, reaction and skill are part of racing you should just stick to driving to the grocery store....really fast

I will say it one last time. I respect my oponent and his car, both guys and cars actually. However we setup a race, he agreed to the race. There was no pressure from either one of us. If he said no I would not loose sleep over it. We ran the race we both agreed on. I said all along that I drag race, I never promised/hinted or implied that I will do a roll with him IF he did a drag race with me. In fact I did and said other wise.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 07-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Banned
Well, he already did. He did the race that shows the faster car from a stop. You want him to do the race that shows the faster car from a roll. Two different things.

It surprises the heck out of me. I actually didn't expect the HPF car to lose that bad.

I personally would. But I'm not Prodigy.

If someone told me they didn't want to race from a roll, only a dig, at that point I'd either choose to run them or I wouldn't. It would be my choice.

I read that 'someone' other than Prodigy instigated the race. Whether it was the owner of the HPF M3, or one of his buds...same difference.

What matters is that Prodigy made it clear that he would only run from a dig. After that, the ball was in the court of the HPF owner. He chose to run from a dig, knowing beforehand that Prodigy would not run from a roll. He lost, badly, and now the BMW guys are whining about the outcome.

You're right. It is simple.
What is there to whine about? We know all know what the faster car is with how the 996tt owner is dodging the M3 on the highway. If it truly was about drag racing do it on a strip where you can properly showcase your ability.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by prodigymb
Man there is something wrong with ya. "Nice enough"? Come on grow up. Just because he has a rare unique turbo setup does not mean he is "nice enough" to do let others race him. Following your logic I was nice enough to let hime try me. I do respect the oponent, I complemented his car and the fact that he came out and gave it a shot.
He was nice enough to give you the race you wanted because you kept whining about running on the highway and how you don't do that. Yet you ran the weaker ESS car from a roll but refuse to run the HPF M3. Wow, quite the enthusiast you are.

He did not GIVE me anything LOL. We agreed on a race. Try to coprehened that he did not give me anything
You mean the race at the light you chose where you even gave yourself a rolling start and then ran home after it was over when he hit the rev limiter trying to use launch control on the street? LOL

I told him that I would ONLY race from a dig. What part of that can you not comprehend. ONLY after he lost is where he started trying to pressure me into a roll.
Yes, we get it, you won't run the stronger car from a roll because you will lose. You win some, you lose some, such is life. You are afraid to lose and will only run cars with less power from a roll. Hence why you duck the HPF M3 but run the ESS SC M3. Hypocrite?

Yes cause HPF M3 is a unicorn and can't start from a dig. My friends 500whp E92 did just fine from a dig with me. My car is 500rwhp and can start from a dig. Plenty friends have cobras and supras that are 500+rwhp and can all start from a dig.
Uh, you know the E92 is a completely different car, right? You know it has a centrifugal blower with a curve that is nowhere near as fat down low as the HPF M3, right? You know the E46 M3 is SMG and extremely difficult to launch on the street with street tires, right?

It takes skill, practice and proper setup.
Yep, and to have the proper setup you should be on a drag strip to properly drag race and get a slip instead of internet bragging rights. If you truly believed what you said you would do it properly instead of weasling out of a race you will lose on the street to run one that is completely not in the other cars favor.

you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. weak top end punch? the distance between us was getting bigger and bigger.
Yes, compared to the turbo S54 your car is weak on the top end. Don't believe me? Run it... oh wait, but you don't do that.

Major LOL at more efficent platform and at your comments in general.
Yes, the S54 is more efficient per pound of boost and RWD is more efficient hence why you switched to it. LOL right back at ya.

If you do not think traction, reaction and skill are part of racing you should just stick to driving to the grocery store....really fast
Uh, you are talking to the guy who has drag raced his M3 so much that he is the first in the world to be rebuilding a DCT M3 transmission. So, uh, if you actually believed what you said you would be on a strip where you get a read out of your reaction time and have the ability to properly use the right tire setup and get maximum traction. You are just a kid street racing to look cool to your friends and then you run home when it is time to get on the highway to see who is making more power. If you want to stick to kids games, by all means.

I will say it one last time. I respect my oponent and his car.
Then you should let him show what his car can do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...