996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 12:04 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURI0
Hey Dr. Jitsu, I want to know why you have conflicting opinions.

You state at about 540 whp you have another 100 whp before you risk the rods:

Now when trying to play up the 996tt vs. the BMW all off a sudden the motor is fine at over 800 whp? Hmmm... What was that about ignorance again?

Good lord, you are digging up a thread from years ago when we thought the rods would handle much less than they have proven to be capable of.

So your argument is that a built S54 is as good as the Metzger?

I have a built S54 and a Metzger and the S54 heads will lift unless someone has resolved that problem.

You really need to put the pipe down, and I am tired of trying to reason with someone who is mentally challenged.

One last thing, omitting most of your ET is pathetic.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCM3
And with the personal insults, come on now. Fun and easy conversation here.
All good buddy, you are fine it is Curio who is inviting insults.

In any event, I am done.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:07 PM
btapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of lightbtapp is a glorious beacon of light
I cannot believe this thread is still alive!

Old 07-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
HP is a function of torque, thanks.

I'm sorry if you don't like me educating you, but you should stop with your petty little insults and you might learn something so that way you can contribute in the future. Even if 90% of the people don't know what they are talking about and you have to be the one to bring them up to speed.

We all know that majority is always right, world is flat, earth is center of the universe, blah blah blah, thanks!
I will stop as soon as you stop. I do not need to be eduacted on 1001 reasons M3s cant hook from a dig and why you have a need to defend that fact. IT IS WHAT IT IS. I just don't care. I did not know it was that bad, I thought he will eventually hook up and reel me in as a lot of high HP cars have done in the past. At the end of the day I came out to race a faster car for fun, and he couldn't put the power to the ground. Ironically 2 years ago I was in his place, in a fast car with no traction.

Everyone and anyone who is serious about racing, whether it be drag, hpde or auto-x will never dismiss traction as HUGE part of racing. being able to get traction in MY car is not as easy as it looked in that video. it took a lot of practice to be able to do that especially RWD.

BTW I love driving around the SC E92 and working on it. It's just so much fun - I can't say one negative thing about that car. Look I pet your ego, now shoot some positive rep

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 07-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Good lord, you are digging up a thread from years ago when we thought the rods would handle much less than they have proven to be capable of.

So your argument is that a built S54 is as good as the Metzger?

I have a built S54 and a Metzger and the S54 heads will lift unless someone has resolved that problem.

You really need to put the pipe down, and I am tired of trying to reason with someone who is mentally challenged.

One last thing, omitting most of your ET is pathetic.
My argument is that if you are going to be going for big power you have to build both motors, period.

My argument is that the S54 makes incredible power even on stock internals and high compression. That should tell you plenty of its capabilities.

I can see you are frustrated and if you want to resort to insults because you are out of touch with what is going on in the S54 scene that is your perogative. I would simply recommend you read up so you don't go around stating things like 275's are all one can fit or that SC's are better than turbos on the S54.

One last thing, it is a work in progress and I'll be sure you are the first one to know when I set another record ET. The whole point was to list the trap to show the level of power stock internal E9X's are making with just an SC. Thanks for playing

Old 07-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I mean, Protomotive seems to believe that once you start getting out of that 6xx whp range you are pushing it on the stock rods. Maybe they don't know what they are talking about?
Actually, it's you that doesn't know what you're talking about.

Protomotive alone has built at least three cars (that I know of) that make over 800 rwhp on completely stock motors. Two of them make over 850.

Are aftermarket rods a benefit to longevity, absolutely. That's why I have them in my car. But the stock rods can easily handle well over 800rwhp with the proper tune, full, while keeping torque to a sane level.

We still don't know where the limits of these stock motors are yet.

Here's one from the other day. This car is running the stock motor, stock intake (with aftermarket ducting), stock exhaust (with hollowed out cats), stock fuel system (with aftermarket injectors), 3076s, inter-coolers, y-pipe, 997TT intake manifold, clutch and tune.

It made 666 rwhp on 93 octane at 16 psi and 869 rwhp on MS109 at 26 psi...in 105 degree shop heat.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-02-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
I will stop as soon as you stop. I do not need to be eduacted on 1001 reasons M3s cant hook from a dig and why you have a need to defend that fact. IT IS WHAT IT IS. I just don't care. I did not know it was that bad, I thought he will eventually hook up and reel me in as a lot of high HP cars have done in the past. At the end of the day I came out to race a faster car for fun, and he couldn't put the power to the ground. Ironically 2 years ago I was in his place, in a fast car with no traction.

Everyone and anyone who is serious about racing, whether it be drag, hpde or auto-x will never dismiss traction as HUGE part of racing. being able to get traction in MY car is not as easy as it looked in that video. it took a lot of practice to be able to do that especially RWD.

BTW I love driving around the SC E92 and working on it. It's just so much fun - I can't say one negative thing about that car. Look I pet your ego, now shoot some positive rep
For the last time, no one is dismissing traction. Everyone understands you have to put the power down.

He can't put the power down from a stop, ok? It isn't even really his fault, if he had a 6speed it would be much easier but he has an SMG which no one here is going to launch well from a stop on the street.

If you actually want to compare the cars, then you have to run this particular car from a roll. As he understood it, you agreed to do just that, but then you guys said that was only for the E92 and not the E46. So you will run the lower powered car from a roll but not this one which makes you look like you are ducking him and I don't respect that and neither should anyone else.

That is all.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Maybe it's you that doeslt know what you are talking baout.

Protomotive alone has built at least three cars that I know of that make over 800 rwhp on completely stock motors. Two of them are over 850. Are aftermarket rods a benefit, absolutely. That's why I have them in my car. But the stock rods can easily handle well over 800rwhp with the proper tune, fuell, while keeping torque to a sane level.

We still don't know where the limits of these stock motors are yet.

Here's one from the other day. This car is running the stock motor, stock intake, stock exhaust (with hollowed out cats), stock fuel system (with aftermarket injectors), 3076s, inter-coolers, y-pipe, 997TT intake manifold, larger intake piping, clutch and tune.

It made 667 on 93 octane at 16 psi and 860 on MS109 at 26 psi...in 105 degree shop heat.

The day I see an S54 do something similar to this with as few mods is the day I'll be a believer.
Wait wait, didn't you recently mess up your block?

Old 07-02-2010, 12:16 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute

uh have you ever owned a GTR?

Old 07-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
No, my block was fine. Try again.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
No, my block was fine. Try again.
I'm not sure where I heard that so I just wanted to make sure I had the correct info. Guess I was mistaken, someone was claiming you busted your cylinder walls or something like that. My mistake!

Old 07-02-2010, 12:21 PM
My argument is that if you are going to be going for big power you have to build both motors, period.
To make big power in the S54, you have to build the motor. To make big power on the Metzger, you simply need bolt-ons.

However, building the motor on both allows for greater longevity, safety and more power if head and cam work is involved.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-02-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
It is my right to point out your hypocrisy and how you came here crying because you couldn't handle it on bimmerboost. So keep crying and asking all your p-car friends to fight your battles for you.
I came here since you are the only one complaining on Bimmerboost - fanboy.

You cheated, you rolled and then ran away like the child you are to go brag on the internet.
Prove it clown. Here is a youtube clip in case you missed it
I can narrate it for the DUMB
0:02 Light turns green
0:03 LM launches first
0:03 the front of the E46 is also visible through his driver window
0:06 I pass the HPF car
0:07 I pass the 335

If I would have rolled out like LostMarine said M3 would have never even made it in the video.

Plain and simple you are an IDIOT who is arguing against a VIDEO !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnUOgqrC99U
You are the one who created this thread, not me, and you are the one starting a drama fest on two boards now. You only have yourself to blame.
No clown you started the drama and I brought it here for people to see how big of a CLOWN you are.
You will just have to live with people pointing this out and if you can't handle it don't play with the big boys and stick to playing kids street racing games. Everyone knows why you refused to run him from a roll but run lowered powered cars, hypocrite. You also are the one who keeps blindly insulting without facts. So you can scream and yell and beg for help on multiple boards all you want, this is all your own doing, deal with it.
Big boys? Who is that? Is that you? Hiding your 1/4 mile time so people won't laugh at it with all the mods you have? Big boys who pick on 100hp less little boys to do some rolls to show off their 20k turbo kits?

Jeez I just had this car for 3 months, give me some time I'll grow up, do some real upgrades to it rather then basic bolt ons it has now and be a big boy too someday. Maybe I'll even run 12.00 @ 130 LOL.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 07-02-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm not sure where I heard that so I just wanted to make sure I had the correct info. Guess I was mistaken, someone was claiming you busted your cylinder walls or something like that. My mistake!
That was an assumption that I made previously, but after we pulled the motor apart, I found out a lifter had failed (fluke thing, not power related, has happened on a couple bone stock cars as well).

Anyway, now more than ever, I realize how strong these motors really are since I saw the condition of my stock internals first hand after they had been subjected to 800 rwhp. Everything was/is perfect; rods, pistons, cylinders. I'll even post a picture of my stock rods below.

I did, however, swap the rods since I was already in the motor but it was certainly wasn't needed. I wouldnlt fault anyone that chose to use aftermarket rods as an insurance policy.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-02-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by prodigymb
I came here since you are the only one complaining on Bimmerboost - fanboy.

If I would have rolled out like LostMarine said M3 would have never even made it in the video.

Plain and simple you are an IDIOT who is arguing against a VIDEO !!!

No clown you started the drama and I brought it here for people to see how big of a CLOWN you are.

Big boys? Who is that? Is that you? Hiding your 1/4 mile time so people won't laugh at it with all the mods you have? Big boys who pick on 100hp less little boys to do some rolls to show off their 20k turbo kits?

Jeez I just had this car for 3 months, give me some time I'll grow up, do some real upgrades to it rather then basic bolt ons it has now and be a big boy too someday. Maybe I'll even run 12.00 @ 130 LOL.
^ So you just readily admit you brought your drama here? Congratulations, you are very good at this. Maybe you should run for help on a few other Porsche forums as well?

You mean my time from an actual strip and not racing on the street? Like I said, I posted the videos and slip of the runs here so who is hiding anything? I just didn't list my ET in my sig. Maybe actually read the thread on it in the BMW forum here so you don't end up looking stupid?

You can't tell anything from that video but Batta claims you rolled as did the guy WHO MADE THE VIDEO. If you cheat that is your business, I just want to make sure to point out all the details.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...