996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
That was an assumption that I made previously, but after we pulled the motor apart, I found out a lifter had failed (fluke thing, not power related, has happened on a couple bone stock cars as well).

Anyway, now more than ever, I realize how strong these motors really are since I saw the condition of my stock internals first hand after they had been subjected to 800 rwhp. Everything was/is perfect; rods, pistons, cylinders. I even posted a picture of my stock rods on this forum.

I did, however, swap the rods since I was already in the motor but it was certainly wasn't needed. I wouldnlt fault anyone that chose to use aftermarket rods as an insurance policy.
Well well... So you swapped the rods when the motor was pulled apart after it failed on the stock internals? I mean sure, could have been a fluke and sounds like it was. But, just as you said, aftermarket rods are a nice insurance policy

The motor sure is strong, great platform as everyone has stated. So is the S54, even at high compression, but unfortunately praise is *bit* one sided here.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I realize that this is a heated debate, but stop the public attacks. If you want to attack each other, take it to PMs.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
To make big power in the S54, you have to build the motor. To make big power on the Metzger, you simply need bolt-ons.

However, building the motor on both allows for greater longevity, safety and more power if head and cam work is involved.
I suppose this depends on your definition of big power. So S54's have hit over 700 whp on stock internals at 11.5:1, this is not big power?

Also, you claim upgraded turbos and fuel system upgrades are bolt on's which I do not so I will just agree to disagree.

Definitely agree that if you want longevity, safety, and power you build the motor as MANY here do when going over the 6xx range.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURI0
For the last time, no one is dismissing traction. Everyone understands you have to put the power down.
People that dismiss digs and avoid them dismiss traction. You can avoid it for as long as you want/ For as long as you avoid it you will have a bad ET. Last I checked the winner in a race is who get there first not who is traveling at a higher speed when he gets there.
He can't put the power down from a stop, ok? It isn't even really his fault, if he had a 6speed it would be much easier but he has an SMG which no one here is going to launch well from a stop on the street.
Agreed. I have nothing bad to say about Mario. He was actually a pretty good sport about the entire thing, until you started instigating on Bimmerboost. We agreed on a race. We agreed only on a drag race and nothing else. We both came out and ran the agreed upon race. You can reread thread on your forum, if need be I can take pics of our txt msg convo for you just so you get it thru your head.
If you actually want to compare the cars, then you have to run this particular car from a roll. As he understood it, you agreed to do just that, but then you guys said that was only for the E92 and not the E46. So you will run the lower powered car from a roll but not this one which makes you look like you are ducking him and I don't respect that and neither should anyone else.
Well I know his car makes more power and it is lighter. I can estimate the outcome of a roll. Anyone can - so what is really the point? To prove the obvious?

We agreed on the forum and in a text msg conversation that it was a dig. YOU are the only clown that can't get that thru your head !!!! It's hard I know.

That is all.
If that is all go back to the fanboy thread in the other forum. Where EVRYEONE will agree with you

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 07-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by prodigymb
People that dismiss digs and avoid them dismiss traction. You can avoid it for as long as you want/ For as long as you avoid it you will have a bad ET. Last I checked the winner in a race is who get there first not who is traveling at a higher speed when he gets there.

Agreed. I have nothing bad to say about Mario. He was actually a pretty good sport about the entire thing, until you started instigating on Bimmerboost. We agreed on a race. We agreed only on a drag race and nothing else. We both came out and ran the agreed upon race. You can reread thread on your forum, if need be I can take pics of our txt msg convo for you just so you get it thru your head.

Well I know his car makes more power and it is lighter. I can estimate the outcome of a roll. Anyone can - so what is really the point? To prove the obvious?

We agreed on the forum and in a text msg conversation that it was a dig. YOU are the only clown that can't get that thru your head !!!! It's hard I know.

If that is all go back to the fanboy thread in the other forum. Where EVRYEONE will agree with you
Last I checked, no one is denying ET. One car here would have a better ET, one car would have a better trap. There is a race for both, you only choose to do one. Why is this so hard for you to get? Stop dodging the race you will lose and get some respect for yourself and others.

What is the point of running from a roll? Uh, to show the power disparity? If it isn't a big deal why not just do it? Why do you specifically pick the race that favors you? Here we go again, this is quite simple. He stated he thought you would go from a roll but then you ran home and said you would only do a roll with the lower powered car. So you dodged him and misled him to get your way, NO RESPECT FOR THAT.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
I suppose this depends on your definition of big power. So S54's have hit over 700 whp on stock internals at 11.5:1, this is not big power?

Also, you claim upgraded turbos and fuel system upgrades are bolt on's which I do not so I will just agree to disagree.

Definitely agree that if you want longevity, safety, and power you build the motor as MANY here do when going over the 6xx range.

BOLT ON: Any part that is bolted on to the exterior of an engine, ie, turbos, fuel pumps, injectors, headers, intakes, etc.

Internal mods: anything that causes you to have to open up block. To include, cams, rods, valves, pistons, etc. Head work is not a bolt on.

There are boat loads of Turbos here running 800+ whp on stock motors.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Well well... So you swapped the rods when the motor was pulled apart after it failed on the stock internals? I mean sure, could have been a fluke and sounds like it was. But, just as you said, aftermarket rods are a nice insurance policy

The motor sure is strong, great platform as everyone has stated. So is the S54, even at high compression, but unfortunately praise is *bit* one sided here.
Look up. Pic of my stock rods was posted.

I don't know that you fully understand. With a simple upgrade of my fuel system my car will be making another 100 whp. Do you honestly think I want to run the stock rods at that level? Or that I would ignore the opportunity, time and cost of this most recent motor build and NOT replace them? Interesting...

As far as it being a bit one-sided, that's because the Porsche is a much more proven performer. It's easier to modify, makes a lot more power with those mods, and puts it to the ground better. The only person that doesn't want to admit these facts is you.

But we already know the truth: 1/4 mile, 60-130, standing mile, 0-60, 0-300 K/MH, 100-200K/MH, Porsche street cars beat BMW street cars in every acceleration test known to man. Porsche has sold over 10 different production cars since 2000 that go under 8:00 around the ring. BMW has has sold zero. Porsche is consitently ranked in the top 2 or 3 in JD Power's initial quality rankings. BMW is consistently in the top 15.

It's not very difficult to prove our point.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-02-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Prche951
BOLT ON: Any part that is bolted on to the exterior of an engine, ie, turbos, fuel pumps, injectors, headers, intakes, etc.

Internal mods: anything that causes you to have to open up block. To include, cams, rods, valves, pistons, etc. Head work is not a bolt on.

There are boat loads of Turbos here running 800+ whp on stock motors.
I disagree with that assesment.

I believe that once you move out of the BPU stages and stock turbos, you can't continue to claim bolt on's. We already had this debate before.

Is a single turbo supra running a "bolt on" mod? Once you start messing with the fuel system, injectors, and changing turbos, it isn't a bolt on.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
You can't tell anything from that video but Batta claims you rolled as did the guy WHO MADE THE VIDEO. If you cheat that is your business, I just want to make sure to point out all the details.
Guy who made the video is my friend sitting in the 335 - clown. Try again.

What BattaM3 said was that LostMarine said I rolled, which from the video is obviously not the case. LostMarine is also not even admitting he was racing in the video, even though he was in the lead and was the first one to leave the light (must have been hard to see me roll when he was already driving and im still back there standing still).

Ppl that came to watch and were behind my car can confrim that I did not roll and that I let BattaM3 roll out since he did not know the light. But ofcourse they are my friends to they don't count, only people that LIE what you want count. But you know what we were all there (unlike you) and we know what really went down and how it happened. If it makes LostMarine feel better saying that I cheated about his very respectable loss then so be it. I dont give a flying f**k.

One thing I do find funny is how he decided to all of the sudden to do spark plugs when his car was running great that night and not show up for the ESS M3 roll. If I were him I would not run on the setup/tune/boost/gas he ran me on, cuz I could save everyone the gas and give out a spoiler alert on what will happen.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 07-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Banned
Look up. Pic of my stock rods was posted.

I don't know that you fully understand. With a simple upgrade of my fuel system my car will be making another 100 whp. Do you honestly think I want to run the stock rods at that level? Or that I would ignore the opportunity, time and cost of this most recent motor build and NOT replace them? Interesting...

As far as it being a bit one-sided, that's because the Porsche is a much more proven perforemer. It's easier to modify, makes a lot more power with those mods, and puts it to the ground better. The ony person that doesn't want to admit these facts is you.

But we already know the truth: 1/4 mile, 60-130, standing mile, 0-60, 0-300 K/MH, 100-200K/MH, Porsches beat BMWs in every acceleration test known to man. Porsche has sold over 10 different production cars since 2000 that go under 8:00 around the ring. BMW has has sold zero. Porsche is consitently ranked in the top 2 or 3 inJD Power initial quality.
BMW is consistently in the top 15.

It's not very difficult to prove our point.
Just because something is easier to do does not make it more satisfying or better. Often something that less people are doing and requires more effort can end up being better. You have your perspective, I have mine.

Yes, Porsches sure do beat BMW's in most acceleration tests. So I guess Porsches are inferior to cars that are much stronger like UGR Gallardo's or big displacement Americans?

You want to make this a BMW vs. Porsche debate now? Ok, I'm game. How are those rear seats in your 911? How is the Porsche Sedan Lineup? You are comparing sports cars to sedans? That makes BMW look better, not worse.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
you didn't mention that Porsche won LeMans 16 times, 14 of which were done with the flat 6 motor and 10 of which were done with the metzger motor. The Metzger motor has won LeMans more than any other marque in history. And that is just the overall win, if you add to that all the class wins since it's induction, there is no other motor that even comes close.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:47 PM
850 is bigger power. So is 870 and and so is 915. All of these numbers are being made by stock-engined Metzger motors.

700 is a cake-walk for a P-car. Heck, I did that on 93 octane gas without meth or water injection.

The TiAl Alpha turbos he has are bolted in place. The injectors are removed and larger ones are put in thier place...kind of like you would swap out a spark plug. Those are bolt-ons, regardless of how you try and define it.

I don't know of one person that has built thier motor for 600 rwhp on this forum. Please point me to someone that has. Most of the people that I can think of have built for 800 or more.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-02-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Just because something is easier to do does not make it more satisfying or better. Often something that less people are doing and requires more effort can end up being better. You have your perspective, I have mine.

Yes, Porsches sure do beat BMW's in most acceleration tests. So I guess Porsches are inferior to cars that are much stronger like UGR Gallardo's or big displacement Americans?

You want to make this a BMW vs. Porsche debate now? Ok, I'm game. How are those rear seats in your 911? How is the Porsche Sedan Lineup? You are comparing sports cars to sedans? That makes BMW look better, not worse.

Oh I didn't know that UGR was making gallardos now. Scott was talking factory cars. Man you have a habit of taking things out of context.

As for sedans, I would not go there if I were you. The panamera Turbo just crushed every other 4 door sedan at the ring. And it runs 11.7 in the 1/4 stock

Old 07-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by prodigymb
Guy who made the video is my friend sitting in the 335 - clown. Try again.

What BattaM3 said was that LostMarine said I rolled, which from the video is obviously not the case. LostMarine is also not even admitting he was racing in the video, even though he was in the lead and was the first one to leave the light (must have been hard to see me roll when he was already driving and im still back there standing still).

Ppl that came to watch and were behind my car can confrim that I did not roll and that I let BattaM3 roll out since he did not know the light. But ofcourse they are my friends to they don't count, only people that LIE what you want count. But you know what we were all there (unlike you) and we know what really went down and how it happened. If it makes LostMarine feel better saying that I cheated about his very respectable loss then so be it. I dont give a flying f**k.

One thing I do find funny is how he decided to all of the sudden to do spark plugs when his car was running great that night and not show up for the ESS M3 roll. If I were him I would not run on the setup/tune/boost/gas he ran me on, cuz I could save everyone the gas and give out a spoiler alert on what will happen.
Ya I know, your friend in Lost Marines car and Lost Marine straight said you rolled as did Batta. I suppose they both just need their eyes checked.

I'm not taking your word for if your car rolled or not, I'm providing the other perspective and people can decide on their own. I'm sure you aren't the kind of guy who would cheat when you go so far out of your way to avoid losing and make such a big deal about street racing, right?

He already stated what he wants to do with his car. He wants to make sure it is running as strong as it can as well as revise his tune and I don't disagree with him. If I was running a bunch of punk kids like yourselves I wouldn't want to give away any performance either so that you can't go and do this all over again.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:49 PM
I disagree with that assesment.

I believe that once you move out of the BPU stages and stock turbos, you can't continue to claim bolt on's. We already had this debate before.

Is a single turbo supra running a "bolt on" mod? Once you start messing with the fuel system, injectors, and changing turbos, it isn't a bolt on.
Okay, whatever suits your argument best.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...