996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
Oh I didn't know that UGR was making gallardos now. Scott was talking factory cars. Man you have a habit of taking things out of context.

As for sedans, I would not go there if I were you. The panamera Turbo just crushed every other 4 door sedan at the ring. And it runs 11.7 in the 1/4 stock
I could have sworn he was pointing out straight line acceleration as a measure of superiority? Is porsche doing all these upgraded turbos and built motors for 60-130 and drag racing runs from the factory now? They are modified factory cars, please.

The point was that BMW has had a bit of a different model lineup than Porsche over the years with a bit of a different emphasis, you did not get that?

Old 07-02-2010, 12:51 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Fastest supercharged M3 my dear Walnut (although there is another that is about as fast as mine).
Why do you say this kind of **** Sean? You don't have the fastest SC M3. If so where's your proof? OBAMA SUCKS *****!

Old 07-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURI0
I could have sworn he was pointing out straight line acceleration as a measure of superiority? Is porsche doing all these upgraded turbos and built motors for 60-130 and drag racing runs from the factory now? They are modified factory cars, please.

The point was that BMW has had a bit of a different model lineup than Porsche over the years with a bit of a different emphasis, you did not get that?
I agree with you there. BMW makes great cars. No doubt. Heck I have one and I love it. As far as sedans are concerned, I think BMW makes the nicest ones out there. I love both the M3 and the M5. I have driven all the new BMW's including 335i's, 135i's, and they all run incredibly well. Very quick cars stock.

No one in here started this marque war. Two great Germans cars for different purposes. But the metzger motor is a relative unknown, which amazes me since it may just be the winningest motor of modern times

Old 07-02-2010, 12:56 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Back from my cut and shave.

One thing you guys are failing to realize about the S54 is compression. The only reason why the S54 should be built is because of that reason. If the motor had lower compression I can guarantee it would make 900whp or more on the stock motor. That is how amazing this motor is.

Nobody is dumb enough to run 700whp+ for a very long time on a stock motor with 11.5:1 compression. My motor had only a piston/rod change to lower compression and it could make effortless power according to boost.

Porsche is great and were comparing to very different motors here.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
I agree with you there. BMW makes great cars. No doubt. Heck I have one and I love it. As far as sedans are concerned, I think BMW makes the nicest ones out there. I love both the M3 and the M5. I have driven all the new BMW's including 335i's, 135i's, and they all run incredibly well. Very quick cars stock.

No one in here started this marque war. Two great Germans cars for different purposes. But the metzger motor is a relative unknown, which amazes me since it may just be the winningest motor of modern times
Exactly, BMW makes the best all around car in the world. It is different from a Porsche, not better or worse. Kind of would be boring if everyone was into the same thing, wouldn't it?

They are all great cars but it is unfortunate that there was such strong blind support and little respect here.

Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
Why do you say this kind of **** Sean? You don't have the fastest SC M3. If so where's your proof? OBAMA SUCKS Biden's *****!

Jitsu has de fastist M3 in de verld? vow! Dis must be in de virld of de Woodlands

bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
For fear that my brain will melt if I engage too heavily in this thread again I will just make one comment:

Curio,

6XX whp can be done on a stock motor on these cars with ease. It can be done on pump gas easily. How can you continue your **** stirring where nearly every single person in this thread has in someway discounted your credibility, logic, or general ability to form a rational thought.

I'm asking kindly please just let this all go to bed.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Yes, Porsches sure do beat BMW's in most acceleration tests. So I guess Porsches are inferior to cars that are much stronger like UGR Gallardo's or big displacement Americans?
As high-HP modification platforms go, yes, Porsches are inferior to TTGs. Just as BMWs are inferior to Porsches, TTGs are the kings of this game in my opinion. They make huge power on low octane and huger power on high octane. They can also put it to the ground, are of great overall build quality, handle well and look good. The only problem (to me) is that the cost of admission is very high for a car that I would want (low-mile '06+).

IO also believe the GT-R is a better high-HP platform than the BMW as well (although I believe the BMW has better overall build quality overall). It makes tons of power very easily, and is already inthe 9's at over 147 on a stock motor.

I'm not too keen on the domestic platforms (except maybe the Ford GT), although they can make HUGE power. Too many other issues to deal with. I know this from experience.

You want to make this a BMW vs. Porsche debate now? Ok, I'm game. How are those rear seats in your 911? How is the Porsche Sedan Lineup? You are comparing sports cars to sedans? That makes BMW look better, not worse.
You made it a BMW vs Porsche debate a long time ago. I'm only responding in kind. Like I said, I like BMW. They make good sports sedans and coupes (not sports-cars). Some of the best! But for a high-HP platform, they wouldn't be my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or even 6th choice.

As far as sedans go, I'd prefer a Panamera TT to anything BMW has ever produced. It also went under 8:00 around the 'ring (7:56), faster than the M3 or M5.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-02-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Exactly, BMW makes the best all around car in the world. It is different from a Porsche, not better or worse. Kind of would be boring if everyone was into the same thing, wouldn't it?

They are all great cars but it is unfortunate that there was such strong blind support and little respect here.

not blind support. but supreme respect. Most of us have seen what these cars can do and have not seen any other car that can do it. I have personally witnessed tons of porsches going well over 200k miles. Not easy miles either. Porsche truly is the Toyota of the supercar world. They are fast and supremely reliable, which is often mutually exclusive.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
Why do you say this kind of **** Sean? You don't have the fastest SC M3. If so where's your proof? OBAMA SUCKS *****!
WHat the?! Where the heck did that come from!? HA ha, LMAO..

Old 07-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by bmoores

6XX whp can be done on a stock motor on these cars with ease. It can be done on pump gas easily. How can you continue your **** stirring where nearly every single person in this thread has in someway discounted your credibility, logic, or general ability to form a rational thought.
Everyone knows 6xx can be done on the stock motor as was stated. Did you miss all the talk about going over this range is asking for trouble? What about all that talk about doing the "rods" as an insurance policy? You can probably hit some nice peak numbers on the dyno but it won't last. You are just ignoring the history of built and blown motors here?

I'm sorry if this is all too difficult for you to process but perhaps you should avoid reading it if your cognitive abilities are maxed from what I would consider a benign exchange? Don't take this the wrong way, but from what I have seen from you thus far I don't put much credence in your opinions on the thinking abilities of others. If these last few sentences make your brain melt, I apologize.

Last edited by CURI0; 07-02-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Banned
not blind support. but supreme respect. Most of us have seen what these cars can do and have not seen any other car that can do it. I have personally witnessed tons of porsches going well over 200k miles. Not easy miles either. Porsche truly is the Toyota of the supercar world. They are fast and supremely reliable, which is often mutually exclusive.
It can be mutually exclusive but these don't we no longer expect it to be. Porsche makes a great car, would I be here if I wasn't interested in them or did not like them? I have considered many different 911's but I pick the car that suits me not people on a forum at the end of a day. I spend more time driving a Porsche than my BMW anyway, if Cayennes even count.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:07 PM
It can be mutually exclusive but these don't we no longer expect it to be. Porsche makes a great car, would I be here if I wasn't interested in them or did not like them? I have considered many different 911's but I pick the car that suits me not people on a forum at the end of a day. I spend more time driving a Porsche than my BMW anyway, if Cayennes even count.

of course they do....

Old 07-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
As high-HP modification platforms go, yes, Porsches are inferior to TTGs. Just as BMWs are inferior to Porsches, TTGs are the kings of this game in my opinion. They make huge power, can put it to the groiund, are of great build, handle well and look good. The only problem (to me) is that the cost of admission is very high for a car that I woild want.

IO also believe the GT-R is a beter platform tha the BMW as well (altrhough I believe the BMW has better build quality overall). It makes tons of power very easily, and is already inthe 9's at over 147 on a stock motor.

I'm not too keen on the domestic platforms (except maybe the Ford GT), although can make HUGE power. Too many other issues to deal with. I know this from experience.

You made it a BMW vs Porsche debate a long time ago. I'm only responding in kind. Lie I said, I like BMW. They make good sports sedans and coupes (not sports-cars). But for a high-HP platform, they wouldn't be my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or even 6th choice. As far as sedans go, I'd prefer a Panamera TT to anything BMW has ever produced. It also went under 8:00 around the 'ring (7:56), faster than the M3 or M5.
I did not make it a Porsche vs. BMW debate, I feel you started swerving it in that direction and finally just pushed it into that.

Porsche has great ring times and far better performing stock cars, this is no shock to anyone. BMW has far better all around cars and a much more diverse lineup, no shock to anyone. If anything, Porsche is beginning to imitate BMW.

I'm not a fan of the GTR as I'm just not into big playstations.

If you base your opinion of a car on its straight line performance and power potential, then you sure are correct. Although Domestics are king of that domain so why are we not all in them?

Old 07-02-2010, 01:09 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
nothing like afternoon entertainment to make the day go by @ work

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...