996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURI0
Everyone knows 6xx can be done on the stock motor as was stated. Did you miss all the talk about going over this range is asking for trouble? What about all that talk about doing the "rods" as an insurance policy? You can probably hit some nice peak numbers on the dyno but it won't last. You are just ignoring the history of built and blown motors here.
A bad tune or the wrong fuel will cause a motor to blow regardless of how much power it's making. Do you know how many Supras have had blown motors over the years? Does those failures mean that the MKIV motor isn't one of the strongest engines ever put in a production car? Using aftermarket rods on ANY motor at ANY power level is an insurance policy.

Try opening up your intake and using your brain for two seconds.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-02-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:12 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
This is fun.

You guys do know about the east coast BMW's that trap 154+mph and have gone 9.62?? From what I recall that there's only 1 Porsche faster which is Bellos. The 9.62 e30 is going back with more hp soon.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:14 PM
jarborn1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RFFG
nothing like afternoon entertainment to make the day go by @ work
+1 I've produced NOTHING yesterday or today..

But, i have learned a good bit about TT'd P-cars and M's...So not a total loss

Old 07-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
A bad tune or the wrong fuel will cause a motor to blow regardless of how much power it's making. Do you know how many Supras have had blown motors over the years? Does those failures mean that the MKIV motor isn't one of the storngest engines ever out in a production car? Using aftermarket rods on ANY motor at ANY power level is an insurance policy.

Try opening up your intake and using your brain for two seconds!
That is absolutely true, the wrong fuel and a bad tune can grenade anything. So you are blaming every single blown motor here on the tune or on the strength of the internals? Well, perhaps early on it was a little of both but I think we have a clearly established history to know by now when you are starting to push your luck and I stand by that.

I haven't followed the MKIV in a long time and just don't browse supraforums much anymore. Back when I wanted one I did so you can go ahead and let me know how you feel about it.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCM3
This is fun.

You guys do know about the east coast BMW's that trap 154+mph and have gone 9.62?? From what I recall that there's only 1 Porsche faster which is Bellos. The 9.62 e30 is going back with more hp soon.
The quickest BMW is in the 9.2 range and the entire list of 60-130's and 1/4 mile times for BMW's is here for anyone that is interested: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ding-Mile-list

The disparity isn't quite as great as some would make it out to be We will see, that BMW is going for 8's now. If anyone wants the build thread I will provide it.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I did not make it a Porsche vs. BMW debate, I feel you started swerving it in that direction and finally just pushed it into that.
No, pretty much all of your posts are a debate between BMW and Porsche. If they weren't, you wouldn't have even posted in this thread in the first place. You are angry that a P-car beat a highly modified BMW. Period. Most of us in here have figured you out.

Porsche has great ring times and far better performing stock cars, this is no shock to anyone. BMW has far better all around cars and a much more diverse lineup, no shock to anyone. If anything, Porsche is beginning to imitate BMW.
"Far-better all-around cars"? By that you must you mean cars with more seats and cars that start out in the $30k range, because that's all BMW offers over Porsche. More seats (7-series) and cheaper cars.

If you base your opinion of a car on its straight line performance and power potential, then you sure are correct. Although Domestics are king of that domain so why are we not all in them?
I'm not too keen on the domestic platforms (except maybe the Ford GT), although they can make HUGE power. Too many other issues to deal with. I know this from experience.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:19 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
Why do you say this kind of **** Sean? You don't have the fastest SC M3. If so where's your proof? OBAMA SUCKS *****!

Sean loves Obama,therefore, SEAN SUCKS *****.
Sorry I have been way to nice to Sean lately. He deserves this due to all the BS he talks about.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:21 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
From this forum? Are you really advocating the stock rods are good for 868 whp and the motor is going to last for something more than peak dyno pulls?
That is exactly what he is advocating and rightfully so. The development in tuning for these motors has gone leaps and bounds in the last several years .......... as it has for the E46 M3.

I mean, Protomotive seems to believe that once you start getting out of that 6xx whp range you are pushing it on the stock rods. Maybe they don't know what they are talking about?
Funny you should say that. Protomotive is my Tuner. I'm pushing well over 600whp now for the last 15k miles without so much as regular oil changes. Todd knows exactly what he is talking about. He's been tuning these cars for 20+ years.

Hey Dr. Jitsu, I want to know why you have conflicting opinions.

You state at about 540 whp you have another 100 whp before you risk the rods:

Now when trying to play up the 996tt vs. the BMW all off a sudden the motor is fine at over 800 whp? Hmmm... What was that about ignorance again?
Referencing a post as old as that one is "moot" as you would say. The development has gone to new levels in recent years as I stated above.

Please, you know once you get out of the 6xx range you are pushing it and it is a matter of time.

Send a letter to Ruf and Protomotive while you are at it.
Again, FALSE. I've been working with Todd for over two years now. A properly tuned motor is more than capable of 700whp without internal modification. Pull your head out of your *** and clean your ears out. THIS IS A FACT!

Exactly, BMW makes the best all around car in the world.
I love them. I really do. I've owned an E30 M3 as well as an E46. Those cars are in addition to the 15+ my father cycled through as I was growing up. They make a fantastic car and as long as I am alive there probably won't be too much time that lapses between my stints of BMW ownership. However, They are not best all around car in the world and I'd say that regardless of what car I have in the garage be it a Kia or a Ferrari.

Originally Posted by Prche951
not blind support. but supreme respect. Most of us have seen what these cars can do and have not seen any other car that can do it. I have personally witnessed tons of porsches going well over 200k miles. Not easy miles either. Porsche truly is the Toyota of the supercar world. They are fast and supremely reliable, which is often mutually exclusive.
Dennis its a tough thing to explain or understand without having owned one or at least had significant seat time in one. I've had 4 people in my turbo multiple times, I've walked away from Lambo's and Ferrari's like they had a parachute hanging out the back, I've gone 200+ at the Texas Mile and then I drive it 4 days a week to work. These cars exceed every expectation you set for the car even when you don't expect it. They are that good. I'm not saying "It's the best all around car in the world" because I'm not delusional like some posting in this thread. But what it is is a car that does a lot of things very very well.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:23 PM
That is absolutely true, the wrong fuel and a bad tune can grenade anything. So you are blaming every single blown motor here on the tune or on the strength of the internals?
Yep, I am. The internals of these engines are fine at the 700-800 (or more) rwhp level, assuming the proper tune and proper fuel is being used.

Well, perhaps early on it was a little of both but I think we have a clearly established history to know by now when you are starting to push your luck and I stand by that.
Well, you've proven in this thread that you don't what you're talking about so what you stand by doesn't mean anything.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:27 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Everyone knows 6xx can be done on the stock motor as was stated. Did you miss all the talk about going over this range is asking for trouble? What about all that talk about doing the "rods" as an insurance policy? You can probably hit some nice peak numbers on the dyno but it won't last. You are just ignoring the history of built and blown motors here?

I'm sorry if this is all too difficult for you to process but perhaps you should avoid reading it if your cognitive abilities are maxed from what I would consider a benign exchange? Don't take this the wrong way, but from what I have seen from you thus far I don't put much credence in your opinions on the thinking abilities of others. If these last few sentences make your brain melt, I apologize.
Motors haven't been blowing at those levels unless there was extenuating circumstances for sometime now. I am not ignoring any history of blown motors here but I am evaluating and acknowledging the facts and circumstances behind those motors letting go.

I really don't understand how you can't grasp that. You've been a long time member here. You are obviously fairly active and an enthusiast. The tuning for these cars is evolving much as it has for your platform. 600whp is childsplay for these motors nowadays. ITS A FACT.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Banned
No, pretty much all of your posts are a debate between BMW and Porsche. If they weren't, you wouldn't have even posted in this thread in the first place. You are angry that a P-car beat a highly modified BMW. Period. Most of us in here have figured you out.

"Far-better all-around cars"? By that you must you mean cars with more seats and cars that start out in the $30k range, because that's all BMW offers over Porsche. More seats (7-series) and cheaper cars.
No, my posts just seem to generate many responses out of P-car owners such as yourself I'm angry that P-car beta a highly modified BMW? That is what you figured out? I could have sworn what I did was point out that you win some and you lose some so the Porsche should not be afraid to run a race it would lose. As a matter of fact, I pointed out this was a respect issue not a BMW vs. Porsche issue. I don't care if you have a Porsche, BMW, Chevy, Hyundai, whatever, if you dodge a race on purpose and will only do what favors you that is not something to admire.

Well, it seems you have a real desire to try and prove Porsche is better or something. I think most people here understand they are different cars/approaches for different tastes. BMW not only offers some more affordable cars but a greater variety of cars for a greater variety of people. They also at one time offered the best naturally aspirated motor range in the business but that has come to an end unfortunately. Heh, at least BMW doesn't have an outdated chassis design to protect like Porsche does by forcefully restricting the Cayman from stepping on the 911's toes, eh?

I also suppose if you are a fan of a VW bug on steroids Porsche has BMW beat there. Depends on your perspective eh?

Old 07-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Not much more to say. It's clear that Curi0 can't make any points that stick. That said; I need to head to the DMV and re-new my license before it gets too packed.

See you guys...

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-02-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by bmoores
Motors haven't been blowing at those levels unless there was extenuating circumstances for sometime now. I am not ignoring any history of blown motors here but I am evaluating and acknowledging the facts and circumstances behind those motors letting go.

I really don't understand how you can't grasp that. You've been a long time member here. You are obviously fairly active and an enthusiast. The tuning for these cars is evolving much as it has for your platform. 600whp is childsplay for these motors nowadays. ITS A FACT.
We all understand what the power levels are at. What you are missing is that when you get out of a range you are asking for trouble. At what level does each tuner recommend building the motor? Well, a few varying responses as some are more conservative than others but the general consensus has been that above the 6XX range you are pushing it. How about how many miles the motor has? How about how it has been driven? Sure, some will last longer than others but we see enough people building motors and have seen enough motors blown to know where one realistically should start to think about aftermarket rods.

I'm active and I'm an enthusiast now? Just a second ago I was an illogical idiot. Porsche tuning sure does progress quickly!

Old 07-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Banned
Not much more to say. It's clear that Curi0 can't make any points that stick. That said; I need to head to the DMV and re-new my license before it gets too packed,

See you guys...
I'll keep an eye on things while you are gone.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Heh, at least BMW doesn't have an outdated chassis design to protect like Porsche does by forcefully restricting the Cayman from stepping on the 911's toes, eh?

I also suppose if you are a fan of a VW bug on steroids Porsche has BMW beat there. Depends on your perspective eh?

One last thing before I go: 997GT2RS - 7:18 around the 'ring. So much for that "outdated chassis".

Go VW!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...