996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 01:11 AM
BattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by aroonkl
Who care if it started from that, this and those guys not you? I read here and also in Beemer. He told you straight that run from dig only. He might scare of your HPF sticker or just do not want to do the roll. May be he want to level out your advantage as more hp and lighter. Or overestimate your car. But he was straight. Things changed tone when he kicked someone's *** and people of M started whining or even said he cheated.
I like M and P cars. Both are great. Just people with big ego could not take loss is annoying.

So you know for a fact that what he told me.. I dont have no ego i was the first to post i lost.. Ive lost plenty of races.. I thought we were doing roll but no he said when we got there hes has cars that he can setup to rolls.. Then 1 day later runs a slow *** ess e92 from a roll..

Last edited by BattaM3; 07-03-2010 at 01:12 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-03-2010, 01:17 AM
BattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of light
He did roll to the light.. The camera car said that not me.. Of course he isnt going to admit that would you admit cheating... I knew from the start i was going to lose digs.. We tried twice.. I thought we were meeting and having fun.. Not 10min of runs them him going home..

Old 07-03-2010, 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by germeezy1
The cars trap the same stock, but the Mustang has been a lot quicker to break records! Camaro is too chubby for my taste, I prefer my plastic sports cars to be lightweight! I gave one the pinky wave in my old C5, he had no idea how close he was to having a few 787's put on him from a 60 roll!

RWD cars can hook, a 275 DR is plenty of tire for good drivers to get the cars to hook with a lot more power than most of those M3's. I am laughing at all the excuses made for him not running from a dig well. I know a lot of people hate on the HPF and Turbo M3 cars but you can't argue the fact that turbo's put out more power at the same boost levels and have a much better powerband ( if you can get the car to hook). I am very lucky there are not many fast M3's down here, I got into a very good skirmish with an AA turbo car. I baited him to run my race and I beat a car with 150 more rwhp ( at least) flat out because he could not drive. It does not matter if you have 800 rwhp if you can't drive and you have a car that does not put down the power easily. At certain power levels despite the 911's rear weight bias 996 TT's converted to RWD do take skill to launch from a dig.

Am I going to have to teach street racing 101? You don't hand someone their race on a silver platter and then get mad when they won't run your race.

yeah it takes skill to launch a 996tt but the smg tranmission is a ***** sometime it just doesnt act right..

Last edited by BattaM3; 07-03-2010 at 01:29 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-03-2010, 01:22 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nikolas
Holy crap - Curio is Sticky! ha ha, it all makes sense now. The whole time I am reading this thread, I thought to myself that the tone of the conversation sounds all too familiar..........LOL

He is equally loved on "e90 dumb as a post".

Edit - I guess I shouldn't judge though. The internet can change people.
I see my reputation precedes me. E90 dumb as a post is a good way to put it but that site is useless exactly as you stated. It is all about bimmerboost.com now.

Well, it seems this is all resolved and we can sing kumbaya.

Guy is going to run someone else, do runs from a dig and from a roll, and life goes on.

Last edited by CURI0; 07-03-2010 at 01:51 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:23 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Scott you should see the LS1 forums... There are so many die hard GM fans that are having a heart attack that the new Camaro is now getting anally raped by the new Mustangs LOL!

I came from a 98 Cobra to an LS1 so I've had both. They are cool cars, but Ford really got their **** together this time!!!

CURIL0 or whatever your name is... Just wanted to say 868rwhp ... 7800RPM Revs (stock is 6800RPM) ... COMPLETELY stock motor ... suck it long... suck it hard... Spent the last 4 tanks of gas (1000 miles at 26-27psi) and it is STILL kicking *** and taking names. So 6000+ mile on this setup now.... 38k miles on the car now. She still holding strong!
6000 miles, we will see, eh?

So no changes the valvetrain/cams?

Old 07-03-2010, 01:25 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by aroonkl
Who care if it started from that, this and those guys not you? I read here and also in Beemer. He told you straight that run from dig only. He might scare of your HPF sticker or just do not want to do the roll. May be he want to level out your advantage as more hp and lighter. Or overestimate your car. But he was straight. Things changed tone when he kicked someone's *** and people of M started whining or even said he cheated.
I like M and P cars. Both are great. Just people with big ego could not take loss is annoying.
He said in the very beginning he didn't care about winning or losing. The Porsche owner cared so much about winning that is the issue, he has the ego, not Batta. He just wants a fair chance to run his car at its strength, that is all.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:26 AM
Originally Posted by CURI0
I see my reputation precedes me. E90 dumb as a post is a good way to put it but that site is useless exactly as you stated. It is all about bimmerboost.com now.

Let's all hold hands and sing a song.

Guy is going to run someone else, do runs from a dig and from a roll, and life goes on.

I believe the car ill be runnig has more hp then this clown around here.. Im just trying to compare cars.. He offered me a chance to drive his car.. Dont know if i will because i dont really like driving people car.. I offered him to drive my car also.. Most people in this thread make me seem like the lair.. I can understand they want to agree with there feelow p car owner.. Dude is just not telling everything..I wanted to compare cars not see who is there better drag racer..

Old 07-03-2010, 01:27 AM
Banned
I agree BMW's suck, there are a lot better platforms out there if you like to go fast in a straight line only. The M3 is at best a sports sedan where as the 911 is a sports car, comparing apples to oranges is a great thing right?
If the 911 is a sports car why does the M3 out lap it a lower price point?

Last I checked the facelifted 911 lost around Laguna Seca to the M3. Didn't someone also pick the M3 over the GTR and 911 turbo? Hmmm, so it would seem the M3 isn't just about the straight line.

There are a lot of platforms better than Porsche too if just going for a straight line. The strength of BMW's have always been their all around abilities, just well balanced.

Last edited by CURI0; 07-03-2010 at 01:29 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:27 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BattaM3
yeah it takes skill to launch a 996tt but the smg tranmission is a ***** sometime it just does act right..
SMG is a cuss word to me, I had an SMG M3 Convertible for a demo for a month or so. Man I was so close to talking myself into buying that car, but the SMG was unpredictable and at the faster shift speeds I did not like the feeling that the car may split down the center on a WOT shift!

I love the mechanical feel of the shifts, but just wish it was more consistent on launch. But what do I know I am an auto guy right now!

Old 07-03-2010, 01:29 AM
Banned
SMG is a cuss word to me, I had an SMG M3 Convertible for a demo for a month or so. Man I was so close to talking myself into buying that car, but the SMG was unpredictable and at the faster shift speeds I did not like the feeling that the car may split down the center on a WOT shift!

I love the mechanical feel of the shifts, but just wish it was more consistent on launch. But what do I know I am an auto guy right now!
It would be much better to launch if the US wasn't screwed on launch control.

This time around with the DCT BMW finally gave the USA the same launch control program as the rest of the world... and it works nicely.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:30 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
If the 911 is a sports car why does the M3 out lap it a lower price point?

Last I checked the facelifted 911 lost around Laguna Seca to the M3. Didn't someone also pick the M3 over the GT3 and 911 turbo? Hmmm, so it would seem the M3 isn't just about the straight line.

There are a lot of platforms better than Porsche too if just going for a straight line. The strength of BMW's have always been their all around abilities.
That can not be argued, neither you nor I define the classes. The Porsche is a sports car the M3 is a sports sedan based coupe. Don't be a fanboy, you don't need to jump on your white horse and wave the BMW flag every time someone says something bad about them. Look closely at my signature, does anything catch your eye?

Old 07-03-2010, 01:32 AM
It would be much better to launch if the US wasn't screwed on launch control.

This time around with the DCT BMW finally gave the USA the same launch control program as the rest of the world... and it works nicely.

The DCT is a game changer, I would not buy an E9x M3 any other way. I have raced both cars and let me tell you, its a big difference since the average driver can't powershift.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:33 AM
Banned
That can not be argued, neither you nor I define the classes. The Porsche is a sports car the M3 is a sports sedan based coupe. Don't be a fanboy, you don't need to jump on your white horse and wave the BMW flag every time someone says something bad about them. Look closely at my signature, does anything catch your eye?
It seems the definition for what is a sports car is not so rigid. Just pointing that out and it seems various cars can fit that category now more than ever. But yes, the M3 is inevitably a sports sedan chassis that can out perform a dedicated sports car.

Seems you don't have a thing for Bangle?

Old 07-03-2010, 01:33 AM

Finally someone get were im going from.. Smg is like girl just act like a ***** sometimes.. Most people who drag with smg have there software updated so it can rev to 4500 for launch.. Mine is still stock 2500.. I wanted to compare cars not see who was king of the blvd

Old 07-03-2010, 01:34 AM
Banned
The DCT is a game changer, I would not buy an E9x M3 any other way. I have raced both cars and let me tell you, its a big difference since the average driver can't powershift.
Trust me, I know. I spent a long time debating DCT even with people here trying to tell them just how big of a difference it makes. If Porsche had the PDK earlier I may have ended up in a 997tt, I won't have a car without it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...