996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCM3
It is obvious that the car was way behind for a reason. I dont understand how people can laugh at this result and yet run away from a roll race. Where are the ***** here? I used to get challenged by Audi's and EVO's left and right. They would all ask for dig races, guess what, I would do it. Why does everyone feel the need to run BMW's off a dig race only? At least some of the Audi guys were cool enough to run roll races after as well.

Before anyone adds to this dont get me wrong there are BMW's that can launch, an E36 with a lesser tire setup then my car cuts a 1.4x 60 foot and runs a 9.6 @ 154 1/4 mile. These cars are well capable of running anti lag, 2 step, flatshift and so on. Its just most of us arent as crazy as the Porsche guys when it comes to big modifications and going fast, maybe slowly it will happen.
I agree with you. Any manual turbo that put that much space on you from a dig should absolutely crush you from a roll. I see no reason why anyone with a car that won by that much would not want to roll, but to each his own. Turbos do much better from roll than dig races.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
CURIO - No cams/springs/etc.. changes. My motor has NEVER been taken apart... I've made over 650rwhp for 15k miles (Just recently went with a Boost Logic setup). I beat the **** out of her every day. So I think you don't know too much. It's sad the M3 motor isn't this strong since it's such a better car... LOL!!!!!

Old 07-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BattaM3
I dont see why everyone hates on Hpf and im just talking about people here.. You be surprised all the hate directed toward hpf owners..
That's interesting. I personally think HPF is THE standard for high-HP M3's. They have proven themselves over and over and over again, so the only reason I think anyone would hate on them is jealousy. Pure and simple.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:06 AM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Powell
CURIO - No cams/springs/etc.. changes. My motor has NEVER been taken apart... I've made over 650rwhp for 15k miles (Just recently went with a Boost Logic setup). I beat the **** out of her every day. So I think you don't know too much. It's sad the M3 motor isn't this strong since it's such a better car... LOL!!!!!
Your car seems awesome, but you really dont know much about the S54 do you? The motor has made 720+whp on bone stock internals. It has a very high compression ratio which is why it is a definite choice to build the motor. And by build the motor i mean simply changing out the rods/pistons. Both motors in question ae great no doubt about it. However you guys are also failing to realize the metzger has been tested and played with ALOT. The S54 has not at least not comparably. My car was making 900whp with ONLY a pistons/rods change and that was only b/c my turbo was maxing out. There is also a twin turbo S54 in Turkey that claims he has made 1200whp with more left on the table.

BTW do yo run your car in 866whp mode alot?

Old 07-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Your car seems awesome, but you really dont know much about the S54 do you? The motor has made 720+whp on bone stock internals. It has a very high compression ratio which is why it is a definite choice to build the motor.
Since it's high-compression, it requires less boost IOT achieve the same effective compression ratio (ECR - what actually matters in terms of power and the effect on internal components) that a lower-compression motor running higher boost would (i.e., Metzger).

The requirement to strengthen the internals of an engine is based on the ECR, not the boost specifically.

Six in one hand, half-dozen in the other....

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-03-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:17 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Your car seems awesome, but you really dont know much about the S54 do you? The motor has made 720+whp on bone stock internals. It has a very high compression ratio which is why it is a definite choice to build the motor. And by build the motor i mean simply changing out the rods/pistons. Both motors in question ae great no doubt about it. However you guys are also failing to realize the metzger has been tested and played with ALOT. The S54 has not at least not comparably. My car was making 900whp with ONLY a pistons/rods change and that was only b/c my turbo was maxing out. There is also a twin turbo S54 in Turkey that claims he has made 1200whp with more left on the table.

Vik the so called 1200 whp from turkey is that clown mert . that dude is full of **** ! you know his story .

i do have to agree the s54 is a bad **** though. really breaths up top especially with turbos, makes them dangerous high way cars.

if you guys really want to talk and compare fast *** bmw's you have to look at the countrys , sweeden, and finland. they are the masters of turbo bmw's.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:43 AM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by unvmy996
Vik the so called 1200 whp from turkey is that clown mert . that dude is full of **** ! you know his story .

i do have to agree the s54 is a bad **** though. really breaths up top especially with turbos, makes them dangerous high way cars.

if you guys really want to talk and compare fast *** bmw's you have to look at the countrys , sweeden, and finland. they are the masters of turbo bmw's.
Agreed!

Old 07-03-2010, 12:57 PM
BattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
That's interesting. I personally think HPF is THE standard for high-HP M3's. They have proven themselves over and over and over again, so the only reason I think anyone would hate on them is jealousy. Pure and simple.

I mistyped that.. lol I meant not just here hpf get hate. lol

Old 07-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Make sense... the S54 is obviously weak.

Yep, you made 15k miles at the 6XX range everyone knows about, congrats. Let's see what happens but we have already seen plenty let go at higher ranges. Yours is just special, clearly I did not know that.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !

He doesn't know what a compression ratio is. I'm sure he only uses high boost for those handful of moments he needs it and then he spends the rest of his time claiming the motors are fine at 800+ whp on stock internals 24/7.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:52 PM
pinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to behold
holy crap this thing is still going

Old 07-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by unvmy996

Right on, well said!

Old 07-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Since it's high-compression, it requires less boost IOT achieve the same effective compression ratio (ECR - what actually matters in terms of power and the effect on internal components) that a lower-compression motor running higher boost would (i.e., Metzger).

The requirement to strengthen the internals of an engine is based on the ECR, not the boost specifically.

Six in one hand, half-dozen in the other....
How about that you can run higher boost without detonating at lower compression?

So although the S54 is more efficient per pound of boost it is still limited by fuel quality and timing can only be pulled so much. If you want to run much more boost which the iron block takes and smiles, you have to do what HPF does and lower the compression.

It would be interesting to see someone run a thicker head gasket just to see how much power the stock internals could take but the proper way to do it is the way HPF does it.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Prche951
I agree with you. Any manual turbo that put that much space on you from a dig should absolutely crush you from a roll. I see no reason why anyone with a car that won by that much would not want to roll, but to each his own. Turbos do much better from roll than dig races.
I think you are absolutely correct, you really see them shine up top.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:03 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
This Bus Length was not I started to pick on his lost. It started as Friend of BMW said P car rolled little at light.
I: roll little would not cause the lost near a football field.
M: Only lost Bus Lenth. May even had a chance if did not hit Rev.
I: Show him Video that it was not bus length.
I would care nothing if P car lost. His P car has little mods. If M car won, I would be happy also. Good car , good mods. Just people with excuse and negative mind.
You do not need to explain that make M car fast possible. You could make every cars fast if you have MONEY.
It is obvious that the car was way behind for a reason. I dont understand how people can laugh at this result and yet run away from a roll race. Where are the ***** here? I used to get challenged by Audi's and EVO's left and right. They would all ask for dig races, guess what, I would do it. Why does everyone feel the need to run BMW's off a dig race only? At least some of the Audi guys were cool enough to run roll races after as well.

Before anyone adds to this dont get me wrong there are BMW's that can launch, an E36 with a lesser tire setup then my car cuts a 1.4x 60 foot and runs a 9.6 @ 154 1/4 mile. These cars are well capable of running anti lag, 2 step, flatshift and so on. Its just most of us arent as crazy as the Porsche guys when it comes to big modifications and going fast, maybe slowly it will happen.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...