996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCM3
Porsche is great, but its not the king of the world.
It's not?!

Just kidding, Vik.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:50 PM
BattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of light
He uses that for the track... Are people not allowed to make some changes from street to track??

Originally Posted by germeezy1
Yep they look like bone stock cars that the owners drive to the grocery store and back, what was I thinking comparing them to drag race 911's?

Old 07-04-2010, 04:52 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Yep they look like bone stock cars that the owners drive to the grocery store and back, what was I thinking comparing them to drag race 911's?

Oh ya i forget the parachute cant be taken off right? For a smart guy that you seem to be I dont understand why you are making these excuses. You damn well know a car cannot run at a NHRA track with no parachute above 150mph. We dont see many Porsches with chutes simply because they dont break 150.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Wish we had drag suspension or anything like that for the Porsches. It would help a lot that is for sure. My 10.0 pass was done with stock everything even half shafts, the only drivetrain mod I have is a tilton triple disk clutch. When you all say they have stock rearends you mean stock style such as built diff and good half shafts??? I think if my anti lag was working I could pick up a little bit of mph out of the car since it makes no boost hardly in 1st gear.

The arguement changes everytime I come in here. This S54 motor ever made 868rwhp with months and months and miles upon miles of abuse and stayed in 1pc? Not to start a huge war but it is the truth. I've been beating the crap out of the car and it's still in one piece... It will hopefully stay together for awhile!

Old 07-04-2010, 04:53 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
It's not?!

Just kidding, Vik.

Lol i know you think they are.

I want a TT Gallardo...

Old 07-04-2010, 04:56 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Oh ya i forget the parachute cant be taken off right? For a smart guy that you seem to be I dont understand why you are making these excuses. You damn well know a car cannot run at a NHRA track with no parachute above 150mph. We dont see many Porsches with chutes simply because they dont break 150.

I understand that, do you understand something called bait? I did that to establish the fanboyism present. By the speed and quantity of responses to get on a white horse and defend BMW's legacy I would say that it worked very well!

Let me rephrase....no stock block S54 has ever made anything over 800 rwhp.....and again .....are you reading slow....????

You can't compare built engines to stock engines with bolt ons!

Old 07-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Lol i know you think they are.

I want a TT Gallardo...
I think overall; in terms of ease of modification, ability to put power to the ground, reliability, handling, braking, overall build quality and price for what you get...yes, I think they are #1.

I think if you want an even higher HP platform, with all of the above included, the Lambos are better...but the cost of admission is very high.

That's just my opinion.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-04-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Powell
Wish we had drag suspension or anything like that for the Porsches. It would help a lot that is for sure. My 10.0 pass was done with stock everything even half shafts, the only drivetrain mod I have is a tilton triple disk clutch. When you all say they have stock rearends you mean stock style such as built diff and good half shafts??? I think if my anti lag was working I could pick up a little bit of mph out of the car since it makes no boost hardly in 1st gear.

The arguement changes everytime I come in here. This S54 motor ever made 868rwhp with months and months and miles upon miles of abuse and stayed in 1pc? Not to start a huge war but it is the truth. I've been beating the crap out of the car and it's still in one piece... It will hopefully stay together for awhile!

Your car is very impressive no doubt you can get better times. Those BMW's run pretty much full stock drivetrain. Ive heard of plenty of 996tt's changing driveshafts and halfshafts. I remember you guys were getting some super expensive half shafts because they would break. The BMW's in turn have sub frame problems, where you have to reinforce it with some plates. Every car has its issues, but according to you guys it seems like Porsche has zero??

The S54 cant make that power safely simply because of the compression ratio. It needs lower compression to make that power level on the stock block. Tony Kanaan's ex AA turbo E46 M3 made 720whp on the stock block and it has been running for years now. My car had lowered compression via pistons/rods only and made 840whp for a year safely with lots of abuse and always in full boost mode ~ 2 bar. I hardly ever turned the boost down. I now go to 2.4 bar..

Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Not to mention I rev the car almost 1100RPM over the factory rev limiter so that should say something to!

Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BattaM3
The e36 is all factory just build engine and turboed.. Im sure it has suspension mods but its not a full drag car.. The e30 has a built and turboed m52.. Its getting re build now custom widebody and a cage so the new build might be more drag setup.. It was gutted getting built last time i seen it.. Last time i seen the e36 it had interior.. I can link the new e30build if thats allowed.. These are max Psi cars.
The e36 is the first vid? pardon the ignorance of models. So basically built engine and turbo addition. What kind of turbo's are they running?

what happened to the passenger side headlight?

The car in the second vid, massive slicks in back, skinnies up front, and a rollercoaster suspension, yeah, I am sure that car will handle well in the twisties

and if you don't consider the last video a drag car then we do not see eye to eye

Old 07-04-2010, 05:01 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I would say for their price range they are one of the top cars, but I am a little biased to another car...that has an even cheaper price of admission.

Ford GT TT, or Lambo Gallardo TT at this point for me represents the high water mark for capability and ability to soak up huge amounts of power in a liveable way. The Vette's and Vipers can run in the 7's so they are even faster but wheelspin at 120 mph is not for everyone....but then again with a twin turbo car you can make them just as friendly in a lot of ways.

BattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of light
Im just trying to keep up with the ever changing topic thread.. LOL.. I have learned some stuff in this crazy thread..

Last edited by BattaM3; 07-04-2010 at 05:05 PM. Reason: spelling like always
I understand that, do you understand something called bait? I did that to establish the fanboyism present. By the speed and quantity of responses to get on a white horse and defend BMW's legacy I would say that it worked very well!

Let me rephrase....no stock block S54 has ever made anything over 800 rwhp.....and again .....are you reading slow....????

You can't compare built engines to stock engines with bolt ons!
I can care less what you think, you are simply here to instigate and cause drama which you just admitted so.

You also cant compare a motor with low compression and 2 turbos to a N/A high compression motor.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by BattaM3
Im just trying to get up with the ever changing topic thread.. LOL.. I have learned some stuff in this crazy thread..

Honestly, that's why I've kept it open. Even with all the arguing, a lot of good information is being posted.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Let's see....why don't we compare built motor to built motor?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...