996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCM3
I would love to hear some positive stuff about BMW's performance from some Porsche owners. Is this possible? Or does BMW suck that bad?
They are some of the best driving cars on the planet that can also make very good power. They are balanced and agile. They can also be very fast from a roll or a dig, depending on the setup.

Happy?

Old 07-04-2010, 05:25 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Lol i like your attitude!

Edit: Now im out.

Don't leave on our account...

Old 07-04-2010, 05:28 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
They are some of the best driving cars on the planet that can also make very good power. They are balanced and agile. They can also be very fast from a roll or a dig, depending on the setup.

Happy?
Thanks Scott. Made my day alittle better. Now i wont feel as bad sitting in my car.

Originally Posted by ttboost
Don't leave on our account...
Ok ok, for you im back..

Old 07-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
And ya im aware of Eddie Belo's seriously fast porsche are there any other Porsches breaking 150+ here in the USA on a NHRA track?
One of the members here trapped 151.4 in his GT2 in Minnesota.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:29 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Thanks Scott. Made my day alittle better. Now i wont feel as bad sitting in my car.

Ok ok, for you im back..

Phew!!! I have no dog in this fight..I have have never even SAT in a Beemer!!!

Old 07-04-2010, 05:34 PM
600WHP S4 is infamous around these parts
Do 600whp audi's suck? I own one of them!

Old 07-04-2010, 05:34 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by germeezy1
BMW's are some of the greatest driving cars out there, and stock for stock a lot of things about the M3 make it more involving to drive than a 996 TT.

Truce treaty

Old 07-04-2010, 05:35 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 600WHP S4

No but your car is corn fed.......

Old 07-04-2010, 05:38 PM
BattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Again I will say that I have respect for you Batta M3, win lose or draw you were man enough to come in here and say what happened and admit your loss. You raced despite the fact that you knew you were handing him his race. That right there makes this BMW vs Porsche argument a distraction to the fact that you are a true enthusiast.

Props for you! Your car will live to fight again....next time from a roll...in its own territory!

well said.. I still try digs here and there.. Probably at a track tho.. Im just more scared to break something.. Then losing.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:39 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
One of the members here trapped 151.4 in his GT2 in Minnesota.
Nice any more info? I didn't see it on the 6speed list.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by 600WHP S4
Porsche pretty much owns Audi so you might be ok. BMWs however are **** out of luck.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
BMW's are great cars. I have a 2007 335XI and it has been a solid daily driver. I just don't think the newer ones are built quite as well as the older models or either of my P-cars. Just my humble opinion. I don't get the feeling people are bashing the car as much as the content of the thread. I'm sure your car is a blast and is certainly faster than anything I own.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Nice any more info? I didn't see it on the 6speed list.

Ya, I guess I should get around to putting it up there, huh?

Here you go: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ermined-8.html

Old 07-04-2010, 05:52 PM
BattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of light
I almost bought a 996tt but chose to get hpf treatment instead... Still might get a 996tt later.. Didnt want a car payment.. That was why i wanted to compare car as i really like your cars..

Old 07-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Ya, I guess I should get around to putting it up there, huh?

Here you go: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ermined-8.html
Nice read..

It looks like the OP's car had a bent and cracked stock motor because of mods?

Can you explain the difference between what EVOMS posted in that thread and what you guys are claiming on this thread about the 996tt motor on a stock block making big power? There seems to be lots of conflicting information regarding what the stock block can safely make. In several threads they claim 700+hp is a ticking bomb. But here most of you claim even 900+hp is fine for a stock block? Whats the deal here?

Originally Posted by Evolution Motorsports
Since 2002, when we first began building these engines, we have always stressed the importance of strengthening the internals. There are many companies that are pushing these engines well beyond their limits without internals, however it has always been our stance that beyond about 700 HP, it is not a matter of "if" the engine will fail but when it will fail.

The GT1 engine case and bottom end components are very strong to a certain point. The weakest link in the bottom of these engines is the connecting rods. Many companies want to believe / want the enthusiast to believe that these rods are very strong and bulletproof. The facts are that this is the same connecting rod that was developed for the 993TT. This connecting rod is installed in the 996TT, GT2, X50 as well as the 997TT engines. These rods were the weak link back in 1996 when we were pushing the envelope of that engine and they continue to be the weak link in 2009.

A fair amount of the engines that we disassemble prove this weakness. Some engines, like S-351's are the lucky ones where the rods bend. The next step is the cracked rods, like S-351's. The final destruction comes when the rod breaks and punches a hole in the side of the engine case which at that point completely destroys the bottom end of the engine. Much of the fatigue comes from high power and these rods cannot withstand sustained forces against them without bending. They can last for a while if the engine is pushed only for a few short acceleration runs here and there but will never last on a race track or at sustained high loads where consistent heat and pressure are maintained.

There are very few enthusiasts that want to spend $10K-$15K to build the bottom end of their engine for strength purposes. Additionally, this expense is harder to justify when the build only addresses the strengthening aspect of the engine and the performance gain from this procedure is minimal. However, as I mention above, it is not a matter of "if" but "when" the engine will fail and the damage caused by one of these failures is much more than the cost to prevent the failure from happening in the first place.

Last edited by SCM3; 07-04-2010 at 06:13 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...