996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I'm not going to comment on their comments... I'm living proof what these motors can do... Maybe it's in the tuning or maybe I'm lucky... I had EPL tune the car originally, but now I have a standalone tuned by Justin Nenni (probably spelled it wrong as usual lol) which probably helps a crap ton! When I was on a stock DME it was Justin and Tony making the decisions only reason for the switch was the fact I was going for BIG power when I build the motor!

Old 07-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCM3
Nice read..

It looks like the OP's car had a bent and cracked stock motor because of mods?
Yes he did. The previous owner had been running a Speed Gallery kit on it before the current onwer bought the car. Like I said before, if you have a bad tune, it doesn't matter how strong the internals are.

Can you explain the difference between what EVOMS posted in that thread and what you guys are claiming on this thread about the 996tt motor on a stock block making big power? There seems to be lots of conflicting information regarding what the stock block can safely make. In several threads they claim 700+hp is a ticking bomb. But here most of you claim even 900+hp is fine for a stock block? Whats the deal here?
I'm not going to comment on that.

But I will say this: Protomotive, Boost Logic, Switzer, USP Motorsports, and EPL all have cars running around making over 700 whp (some over 800 and one over 900) and they don't believe they 'require' built motors. Switzer especially. He holds a few of the records, and does not believe in building the motors at all. The fact is they already come built from the factory.

Obviously, a built motor is always a benefit, regardless of what car it's in. But the facts speak for themselves. The majority of the Porsches making over 700rwhp are on stock bottom-ends.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-04-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:50 PM
BMWSOB is infamous around these parts
Wow, this is some funny stuff here. To clear up a couple things, my car is a street car that occasionally goes to the drag strip. The parachute mounts on my car and Mike's car are both removable and only go on at the track. Both cars have full cages with removable door bars, again for street use. My car has over 220,000 miles on it before the odo gear broke, I purchased it with around 180,000. I bought it and immediately turbocharged it. Its been through several revisions. It does have a stock BMW rear end, stock BMW axles, stock BMW transmission. It will go 8s this year too. Just finishing up some changes.

I don't know much about this Porsche drag racing business, but it sounds just as stupid as BMW drag racing.

btw, my chassis is 21 years old

Old 07-04-2010, 06:57 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BMWSOB
Wow, this is some funny stuff here. To clear up a couple things, my car is a street car that occasionally goes to the drag strip. The parachute mounts on my car and Mike's car are both removable and only go on at the track. Both cars have full cages with removable door bars, again for street use. My car has over 220,000 miles on it before the odo gear broke, I purchased it with around 180,000. I bought it and immediately turbocharged it. Its been through several revisions. It does have a stock BMW rear end, stock BMW axles, stock BMW transmission. It will go 8s this year too. Just finishing up some changes.

I don't know much about this Porsche drag racing business, but it sounds just as stupid as BMW drag racing.

Nice first post..

Old 07-04-2010, 07:02 PM
I do what I can haha

Old 07-04-2010, 07:12 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Mike radowskis m3 is nasty , i know this for a fact

Old 07-04-2010, 07:15 PM
BattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by unvmy996
Mike radowskis m3 is nasty , i know this for a fact

Yes sir

Old 07-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !

Ha ha...great post. Welcome to the 6!

Old 07-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Thanks Scott, I hope to get some decent vbox runs in this year as well.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:09 PM
BattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Ha ha...great post. Welcome to the 6!

This thread has brought you some more bwms to 6speed..

Old 07-04-2010, 08:13 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Thank you for coming on here, I felt all alone for a moment. Can't wait to see a street BMW run an 8 this year here I the states, pretty crazy stuff!

And some good 60-130 runs with a high powered properly setup m3.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:19 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCM3
Thank you for coming on here, I felt all alone for a moment. Can't wait to see a street BMW run an 8 this year here I the states, pretty crazy stuff!

And some good 60-130 runs with a high powered properly setup m3.
Mr .Vik, are you keeping your can now ? i know were trying to sell he longest time . why were /are you selling it anyway?

Old 07-04-2010, 08:24 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by unvmy996
Mr .Vik, are you keeping your can now ? i know were trying to sell he longest time . why were /are you selling it anyway?
If the offer is right, yes I will sell it. Main reason is plain old money. Rather use the money for better investments. I used to be really into this stuff but I lost a ton of interest recently.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:53 PM
GG///M3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BattaM3
Im not bragging.. Just putting the info out there.. Someone said they were full drag cars... I think im the only one not bragging about this or that... Im also not the comparing bmw and porsche... I dont care that i lost the race that caused all this bs.. My goal was to see how my car compared to a modded 996tt.. Not to be a drag racing superstar..
Correct the 9 sec pass on the e36 was still running a e36 m3 irs, stock transmission, and full interior. No solid rear, no special auto drag trans. No tubbed rears for bigger slicks on the rear. Just power and a skillful driver/great tuner.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-04-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks Scott, I hope to get some decent vbox runs in this year as well.
I'm looking forward to it, brother.

Originally Posted by BattaM3
This thread has brought you some more bwms to 6speed..
The more the merrier! I love fast cars and BS'ing with fast car enthusiasts.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...