996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 09:22 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
This is a new low when Porsche and BMW are being compared purely on drag racing and 60-130 ability.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
This is a new low when Porsche and BMW are being compared purely on drag racing and 60-130 ability.
There is something other than straight line racing??? Blasphemy!!!!

Old 07-04-2010, 09:29 PM
BattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of light
This thread has some many topics lol.. Whats next better track car.. Im feeling thats the next arguement.. I just drive my car for fun.. Speaking of that im bored might need to go out a cause some trouble..

Old 07-04-2010, 09:47 PM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
So what. My mom first car, Volkswaken 1967 could be made in 9 sec drag car too. Her chassis is 44 years old.
Originally Posted by BMWSOB

btw, my chassis is 21 years old

Old 07-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
As of tomorrow hopefully (if we don't get rained on again LOL) I will be rolling around on 17-18psi and my Switzer exhaust all stealthy like!

Old 07-04-2010, 09:53 PM
BattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Powell
Uhh... I had a 98 Cobra w/ a Vortech and then a 8sec LSx Powered Camaro (4th or 5th one in the world in the 8s)??? Not sure what you are going for...

What year camaro???

Old 07-04-2010, 09:57 PM
So you ran that et and ts with your current completely stock engine and drivetrain setup?

If you don't know what I'm getting at, it's really not worth explaining. It kinda went over, around, and under if you catch my drift.
Yes I did, it was done at the TX2K10 event for the 1/4. The 60-130 time was actually done on "accident" while playing with the driftbox coming back from a local Burrito place one night when I had nobody to go eat with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj6Hzh7NHBc

Those are the 1/4 passes. My buddy messed up the video camera on the 149.3mph pass but it was a 1.8X 60ft. My anti-lag setup was not working due to the lead for the speed sensor was jacked up.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-04-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:58 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
What I have said numerous times.....

Old 07-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by BattaM3
What year camaro???
It was a 2000 Z28. I made the pass about 5 years ago almost.

The n2o didn't kick in till 30-40ft out because I had a 3500RPM window switch pill in because I thought the converter would flash higher (but Neil Chance had it pretty tight). Also I couldn't find my 3000 I normally ran LOL!!! I was on the rev limiter at close to the 1000ft and just stood on it until I crossed the traps (n2o had been off for 200rpm before limiter).

Car was a simple setup. 408ci Iron block LS1, CRAPPY (Todays standards) LS6 heads, Solid Roller cam, LSx 90mm intake, NX Fogger (300shot), Progressive (150-300 1.5sec), Powerglide, 12-bolt (It came with the car, I would have opted for a 9"), and suspension.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:10 PM
I think i heard of this event thru a e36m guy.. If its true ill be there hpf stg2 a hpf 2.5 i think is coming from maryland and if my buddys hpf stg3 is done being built ill try to get him.. Im also trying to hunt down the owner around here of tt corvette.. I sent up a pm..

Old 07-04-2010, 10:13 PM
I was hoping it was 68-69,, Good stuff regardless.. My dad has 69 chevelle ss 396 that just need a little love.. He dont move so well these day so he hasnr finished restoring.. And refuses to let me touch it till he dies.. Hes killing me i love that car..

Originally Posted by Powell
It was a 2000 Z28. I made the pass about 5 years ago almost.

The n2o didn't kick in till 30-40ft out because I had a 3500RPM window switch pill in because I thought the converter would flash higher (but Neil Chance had it pretty tight). Also I couldn't find my 3000 I normally ran LOL!!! I was on the rev limiter at close to the 1000ft and just stood on it until I crossed the traps (n2o had been off for 200rpm before limiter).

Car was a simple setup. 408ci Iron block LS1, CRAPPY (Todays standards) LS6 heads, Solid Roller cam, LSx 90mm intake, NX Fogger (300shot), Progressive (150-300 1.5sec), Powerglide, 12-bolt (It came with the car, I would have opted for a 9"), and suspension.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by BattaM3
I was hoping it was 68-69,, Good stuff regardless.. My dad has 69 chevelle ss 396 that just need a little love.. He dont move so well these day so he hasnr finished restoring.. And refuses to let me touch it till he dies.. Hes killing me i love that car..
I would love to do a pro-touring Camaro or Mustang. My dad wants to restore an old Camaro, but I like EFI and modern day things That is as close to being into cars he really is.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Build a camaro like member phillym5.. If you never seen it google josh kalis camaro.. Fcking thing is awesome..

Old 07-04-2010, 10:23 PM
UrineMachine is infamous around these parts
Got linked to this - I want to just say that there are fast cars on both sides of the fence. I think anyone who knows BMW aftermarket, specifically the FI market, knows that we are always late to the game. It wasn't until like 3 - 4 years ago that we even had an affordable 450 hp setup for the E36 let alone big power setups coming out.

It makes sense on a $60k car to spend $12k on an upgraded turbo setup. It hardly makes sense to spend $15k on a $15k car. Between that, and the fact that the BMWs in consideration tend to be high compression NA motors vs Porsche turbo motors from the factory - it makes a lot of sense that you guys have a lot more behind you than we do.

Even a 996 RWD has a lot better launch potential than an E46 M3 especially with the driver admitting he drives poorly. Not trying to predict the out come of the particular race in mention but I bet if someone more experienced drove the M3 it'd be a little different.

That said I can respect the work you guys put into your cars but I would only hope that you respect the work we put into ours. I am not usually one to defend kit packages just because it takes a little effort and creativity out of the loop - so I can understand if you dislike the E46 M3 setups for that reason since there are hardly any custom builds.

Also you guys in the Philly area, I'm in Bucks County and if you ever want to meet up or get a local hang out going just let me know! I am always down!

Old 07-04-2010, 10:25 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...