996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:02 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Agreed, I still think its funny.................built motor turbo cars....and how much money spent to make a car not intended for drag racing into a drag car. Arguing about straight line speed and clapping hands together because an 18 year old platform just broke into the 9's....

But somehow these cars are comparable to 996 TT's that have car seats in the back and just happen to make 600 or 700 hp to the tires! I think starting out with a luxury car may not be the best idea if you idea is to go fast in a straight line only.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:03 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Is this a serious question?
Absolutely, isn't it best to just ask the source and not speculate?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:04 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
No. The only aftermarket parts installed in my motor is a set of Pauter rods, but thank you for taking so much of an interest in my car. I take it as a compliment.

I originally considered new liners, but my builder compared a new set of LA Sleeve liners to my stock liners and refused to put them in the car. He said they were junk compared to the OEM liners, mine of which were perfect.

So, apparently these motors are built pretty well. He didn't even want to put in the new rods, but I insisted since I plan on making a lot more power next year (over 900rwhp) and don't feel like pushing the envelope.

That ignoramus on the other forum has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. He isn't even aware I've had my car back for the last 3 weeks and have been driving around at 700 rwhp on 93 for the last two.

As long as you don't incur a fluke problem like I did, 700rwhp is no sweat on these motors bone stock. Hell, neither is 800.
There we go, thanks for setting it straight. So it seems the walls were fine and nothing happened to the block, thanks.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:05 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURI0
Absolutely, isn't it best to just ask the source and not speculate?
Its just that there have been some stirring up of things going on in this thread, and for some reason that sounded a little tongue in cheek.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Banned
Its just that there have been some stirring up of things going on in this thread, and for some reason that sounded a little tongue in cheek.
I seriously wanted to know if it was true or not so just better to straight ask than beat around the bush and possibly start rumors.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:07 AM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
This just in BMW and Porsche to battle in...........................NHRA???

VS

Apparently since there owners are no longer interested in taking the corners they are pulling out of any kind of racing where the steering wheel has to be turned!
Heres a pretty video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hcbFe2n3VI

So now you think BMW's cant take turns?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Now thats a hard running beast, very impressive.....wait when did I say BMW's can't take turns?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:10 AM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Agreed, I still think its funny.................built motor turbo cars....and how much money spent to make a car not intended for drag racing into a drag car. Arguing about straight line speed and clapping hands together because an 18 year old platform just broke into the 9's....

But somehow these cars are comparable to 996 TT's that have car seats in the back and just happen to make 600 or 700 hp to the tires! I think starting out with a luxury car may not be the best idea if you idea is to go fast in a straight line only.
Lol 996tt back seats. LMAO...

The cars were mentioned because BMW's were called out in general, performance wise. Relax, we are talking about performance levels. Everyone knows comparing a ****ty 56k BMW to a 120k+ Porsche is a joke.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:11 AM
I seriously wanted to know if it was true or not so just better to straight ask than beat around the bush and possibly start rumors.
Cool no harm, no foul.....we can all respectfully agree to disagree!

Old 07-06-2010, 01:11 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
There we go, thanks for setting it straight. So it seems the walls were fine and nothing happened to the block, thanks.
Well, we have multiple cars out there making over 850rwhp on stock internals, so I think the walls and block can handle 700.

Oh and Sticky, stop including links to Bimmerboost when you post your questions. Not allowed, sorry.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-06-2010 at 01:14 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by SCM3
Lol 996tt back seats. LMAO...

The cars were mentioned because BMW's were called out in general, performance wise. Relax, we are talking about performance levels. Everyone knows comparing a ****ty 56k BMW to a 120k+ Porsche is a joke.
They don't have back seats?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:17 AM

They don't have back seats?
You really call those back seats? E30's, E36's, E46's don't have back seats?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:18 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCM3

So now you think BMW's cant take turns?
Vik - seriously...why do you care so much what we think about BMWs?

Think about it for a second....

You and CURI0 come on here to argue your asses off about BMWs for days, even weeks...for what? Some turd Doctor comes on here and makes a complete *** out of himself over and over again, only to get banned 2,3,4,10 times attempting to prove how fast and awesome modded BMWs are.

Why is so important to you guys that we think highly of your cars?? We are either going to like them, or not. Nothing you say or do will change that.

It's mind-boggling to me...

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-06-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:19 AM
Let me go out and look, wait a minute mine has some weird door opening things behind the front doors even.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:20 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Well, we have multiple cars out there making over 850rwhp on stock internals, so I think the walls and block can handle 700.

Oh and Sticky, stop including links to Bimmerboost when you post your questions. Not allowed, sorry.
I wanted you to see what I was referencing and who was saying it so you would not think I was just pulling it out of the blue.

What's up with the strict interpretation all of a sudden? Heh, you used to do the exact same thing. Forget that thread on m3forum about Gustav?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...