996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:37 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I am a big proponent of letting the cars speak for themselves, unfortunately there were some things going on in this thread that did not show BMW owners in the best light. It was being said that no one jumped in to defend BMW that the conversation is about the people involved.

You can't fight or battle every BMW argument, there are some people who will just never get your passion for the car.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:39 AM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
This thread has actually given me alot of entertainment and im loving it! It is also showing the truth about BMW's. Couple of years ago there was no blisteringly quick 996tt's. I remember following Marks crazy 996TT build and finally seeing videos! At the time there were no faster 996's and there were no built tubo E46 M3's running around. Now there are plenty of very fast Porsches, with incredible 60-130 times. Hopefully now we can see the same process happen for the little old E46 M3.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:40 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !

Old 07-06-2010, 01:40 AM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
I guess Should someone have to get in your bimmer post. Posting how special is P car, all support suspension/platform along with tough but very easy to mod into supercar terror. If somes do not agree(cause they have no open mind. I try to think like you.), I would start endless explanation and worldwide data to support. If all agree, I would go back to hug my teddy bear to sleep tight.

Originally Posted by CURI0
That's not it at all, why do you not like it when everyone does not agree with you? I find it mind-boggling this place is not more open minded. Why even have the other make sections when you only worship one badge?

Only the P car owners can provide their opinions? BMW owners thoughts are mitigated for some reason in a topic that by default involves them?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Because the moderator equated superiority to straight line speed taking the thread down that path?
Wow. Really? You're saying I initiated this?

You came in this thread because you were upset that Prodigy beat Batta from a dig and then refused to race him from a roll. Thats is where the arguments all bega. You felt the need to come defend the honor of a BMW that lost a dang race. Shall I show you your posts?

As far as superiority, yes, I honestly do feel the P-car is superior. But not only because of straight-line speed.

Regardless, you really shouldn't care what I think and feel the need to prove me wrong. It's only my opionion. It's worth all of 2 cents (if that).

Old 07-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme

Are you high? Agree with me on what?

You guys think the BMW is an awesome modding platform. I think it's decent, but not awesome. This was established 300 posts ago. I never thought for one second I would change your mind, nor did I think you would change mine.

"Worship"? Becuase I know that the P-cars outperform the BMWs consistently? That has nothing to do with worship, it has to do with facts, plain and simple. It's not a slight against BMW. It's just the way it is.

"Open-minded"? I bet I'm a more open-minded car enthusiast than you and Taza put together.

Obviously you have your opinions and I have mine, but you are in the Porsche section trying to force your opinions down our throats. Not the other way around. You aren't simply sharing information, you're somehow trying to convince Porsche owners that they should have bought a BMW instead!

Again, are we on your forum, in a M3 section, trying to persuade you Porsche are better tha BMWs? Nope, its the other way around.

How do you not see the humor in this, and the colossal amounts of wasted of time and energy that you are putting forth in your efforts?
No one is telling you what to buy. If you equate posting in the 996 section to attempting to get people who already made their purchase decision to switch to BMW I can't help you as I am not ready to make that large of a generalization.

I doubt you would be willing to ever engage any of us in a forum where you don't control the moderation

P-car outperforms the BMW consistently? Uh, in what way? A stock 911 turbo is faster than a stock M3? Yep. Does the M3 outperform the base 911? Yep, sure does. So Porsche has a wider spectrum of performance cars, we all know this. Once you start modding this is out the window though. My car will hand the vast majority of P-cars on this site their ***, on stock internals and single digit boost with pump gas no less. Sounds like a pretty awesome platform to me.

You are "betting" you are more open minded than Taza and I combined? Heh, well, your bet is not something tangible that we can use to prove it one way or another. That is simply your opinion and I respectfully disagree with your assessment. I don't consider you making a statement based on your opinion concrete evidence. If I wasn't open minded I wouldn't read as many various performance forums as I do simply to learn.

I did not realize you considered discussing cars a waste. If so, why do you choose to put in the time moderate this whole landfill?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by SCM3
This thread has actually given me alot of entertainment and im loving it! It is also showing the truth about BMW's. Couple of years ago there was no blisteringly quick 996tt's. I remember following Marks crazy 996TT build and finally seeing videos! At the time there were no faster 996's and there were no built tubo E46 M3's running around. Now there are plenty of very fast Porsches, with incredible 60-130 times. Hopefully now we can see the same process happen for the little old E46 M3.

Agreed, I love watching how the game has moved on. If you had of told me 5 years ago that there would be bone stock cars capable of running 10's off the showroom floor I would have slapped myself!

Old 07-06-2010, 01:44 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Wow. Really? You're saying I initiated this?

You came in this thread because you were upset that Prodigy beat Batta from a dig and then refused to race him from a roll. Thats is where the arguments all bega. You felt the need to come defend the honor of a BMW that lost a dang race. Shall I show you your posts?

As far as superiority, yes, I honestly do feel the P-car is superior. But not only because of straight-line speed.

Regardless, you really shouldn't care what I think and feel the need to prove me wrong. It's only my opionion. It's worth all of 2 cents (if that).
I am saying you pushed the discussion into evaluating the cars based on straight line performance, yes.

I agree with your concluding point, so why take offense to my opinion?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:45 AM
No one is telling you what to buy. If you equate posting in the 996 section to attempting to get people who already made their purchase decision to switch to BMW I can't help you as I am not ready to make that large of a generalization.

I doubt you would be willing to ever engage any of us in a forum where you don't control the moderation

P-car outperforms the BMW consistently? Uh, in what way? A stock 911 turbo is faster than a stock M3? Yep. Does the M3 outperform the base 911? Yep, sure does. So Porsche has a wider spectrum of performance cars, we all know this. Once you start modding this is out the window though. My car will hand the vast majority of P-cars on this site their ***, on stock internals and single digit boost with pump gas no less. Sounds like a pretty awesome platform to me.

You are "betting" you are more open minded than Taza and I combined? Heh, well, your bet is not something tangible that we can use to prove it one way or another. That is simply your opinion and I respectfully disagree with your assessment. I don't consider you making a statement based on your opinion concrete evidence. If I wasn't open minded I wouldn't read as many various performance forums as I do simply to learn.

I did not realize you considered discussing cars a waste. If so, why do you choose to put in the time moderate this whole landfill?
Do you honestly think an E90 M3 is a good platform for going fast, if you value only straight line speed?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:46 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by aroonkl
I guess Should someone have to get in your bimmer post. Posting how special is P car, all support suspension/platform along with tough but very easy to mod into supercar terror. If somes do not agree(cause they have no open mind. I try to think like you.), I would start endless explanation and worldwide data to support. If all agree, I would go back to hug my teddy bear to sleep tight.
This is very well written.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:47 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Do you honestly think an E90 M3 is a good platform for going fast, if you value only straight line speed?
Absolutely, why not?

600 whp on stock internals on 91 octane? More power than a ZR-1 for far less money and backseats and a dual clutch tranny to go with it? Sounds awesome to me.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:47 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCM3
I just like you Scott, don't like it when false information is spread around. I can care less if its on a Porsche forum. The HPF M3 lost to a Porsche off a dig and all of a sudden the M3 is a horrible platform for big power. We realized traction is the only reason why it might suck but most cars have traction issues when you put big power to them. Then it turned into stock motor vs stock motor power which is downright ridiculous, comparing a factory twin turbo motor to a NA high compression, high revving motor.

Im sorry if you feel my need to clear up information for the S54, E46 M3 or BMW's in general when they are called out is not making sense to you. I know if someone goes around posting misinformation about Porsches you would be one of the first to show up! It just so happens some of the Porsche guys think everything else except for Porsche sucks. This is also mind-boggling to me.

There are 2 Porsches sitting right next to my car in the garage right now. I know what they are all about it and I dont need to go around downplaying them to feel better about my BMW.
Dude...honestly, nothing you guys have posted or discussed in this thread have changed my thoughts about BMW as a modding platform. I already knew most of this stuff already. No breaking news here.

Compared to Porsche, I think the BMWs take a LOT more work to be fast. And even then, they seem to be very inconsistent on the street.

I don't get why you think arguing these points matters in anyway whatsoever? Just enjoy your car and think twice before racing from a dig on the street on video. What we think doesn't mean ****.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Banned
Dude...honestly, nothing you guys have posted or discussed in this thread have changed my thoughts about BMW as a modding platform. I already knew most of this stuff already. No breaking news here.

Compared to Porsche, I think the BMWs take a LOT more work to be fast. And even then, they seem to be very inconsistent on the street.

I don't get why you think arguing these points matters in anyway whatsoever? Just enjoy your car and think twice before racing from a dig on the street on video. What we think doesn't mean ****.
No one here is trying to control your mind or force you to do anything.

What is wrong with providing supplemental information and allowing users to decide for themselves?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:52 AM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Are you high? Agree with me on what?

You guys think the BMW is an awesome modding platform. I think it's decent, but not awesome. This was established 300 posts ago. I never thought for one second I would change your mind, nor did I think you would change mine.
That is your opinion Scott, I respect that and dont need to argue with you about that. I think they are both awesome modding platforms, both are pretty expensive to mod however imo with the Porsche being much more.

Another thing is that I would drive my M3 over a modded 996tt. I would drive a HPF stg 2-4 M3 over a modded 996tt as well. You dont need to argue with me on that, I know you disagree but thats your opinion. I did have access to driving a modded 996tt everyday (and a 997tt now) if i wanted to but the M3 is just so much funner to me.

"Worship"? Becuase I know that the P-cars outperform the BMWs consistently? That has nothing to do with worship, it has to do with facts, plain and simple. It's not a slight against BMW. It's just the way it is.

"Open-minded"? I bet I'm a more open-minded car enthusiast than you and Taza put together.
We saw some videos of BMW's beating Porsches, how is that consistent?

Scott I am open minded, i dont get where that comment is coming from. I back up BMW just like you back up Porsche.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:55 AM
Absolutely, why not?

600 whp on stock internals on 91 octane? More power than a ZR-1 for far less money and backseats and a dual clutch tranny to go with it? Sounds awesome to me.
Far less money? Can I drink the Kool-Aid? Wow I can't argue with someone who thinks 2 plus 2 is 3. So if you option one up loaded for about $ 80k and then add tax and licensing plus $16k for a Gintani S/C and then you end up with a car slower than a stock ZR1 that sounds awesome?

Please read my question again.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...