996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:59 AM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Dude...honestly, nothing you guys have posted or discussed in this thread have changed my thoughts about BMW as a modding platform. I already knew most of this stuff already. No breaking news here.

Compared to Porsche, I think the BMWs take a LOT more work to be fast. And even then, they seem to be very inconsistent on the street.

I don't get why you think arguing these points matters in anyway whatsoever? Just enjoy your car and think twice before racing from a dig on the street on video. What we think doesn't mean ****.
The only problem with BMW modding platform compared to a Porsche is traction. That is it. Aside from the traction issue (which can be fixed with the right tire/wheel setup), what makes Porsche a better modding platform?

Old 07-06-2010, 02:00 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Far less money? Can I drink the Kool-Aid? Wow I can't argue with someone who thinks 2 plus 2 is 3. So if you option one up loaded for about $ 80k and then add tax and licensing plus $16k for a Gintani S/C and then you end up with a car slower than a stock ZR1 that sounds awesome?

Please read my question again.....
What? You have been drinking something, that is for sure.

Uh, you load one up and you are at around 72k like mine was and you don't have to pay sticker either like I didn't back in 2008.

Gintani SC is $13,500. I guess my addition doesn't work like yours?

Yep, it is a good platform if you only value straight line speed. What other new car are you going to get that will do better for less than $100k? A GT500? A Z06 will need boost. A GTR is more money to start with and you will need to get into expensive mods like upgraded turbos to top it. Everything else is more expensive so like I said, yep, it is awesome.

Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURI0
I am saying you pushed the discussion into evaluating the cars based on straight line performance, yes.

I agree with your concluding point, so why take offense to my opinion?

No, actually I mentioned that Porsche was much faster around the 'ring, more easily modified, and even comes out higher on JD Power's initial quality rankings.

You guys are the ones pushing staright line perforemance becuase that's the only place BMW seems to be able to compete (with built motors that is).

I'm saying all-around, in every way other than holding 4-people, I believe Porsche to be superior.

But that's only my opinion. Don't let it bother you so much.

Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCM3
The only problem with BMW modding platform compared to a Porsche is traction. That is it. Aside from the traction issue (which can be fixed with the right tire/wheel setup), what makes Porsche a better modding platform?
Exactly and with a Porsche you get to hang out with these guys. That has got to be worth something.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:01 AM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
Scott,
Very well said. They said open mind repeatlly. They didn't even open their eyes or ears.
For sport driving exp. and I mean fast, thrill all around race condition track, high speed, dick or roll, P car is superior. It is also easy to mod.
BMW M3,5 are also good but not as good. In case you need more space for four. (Sorry I omitt panamera TT.)
Can you take the fact? Or would it be not open-mind on your side.
Are you high? Agree with me on what?

You guys think the BMW is an awesome modding platform. I think it's decent, but not awesome. This was established 300 posts ago. I never thought for one second I would change your mind, nor did I think you would change mine.

"Worship"? Becuase I know that the P-cars outperform the BMWs consistently? That has nothing to do with worship, it has to do with facts, plain and simple. It's not a slight against BMW. It's just the way it is.

"Open-minded"? I bet I'm a more open-minded car enthusiast than you and Taza put together.

Obviously you have your opinions and I have mine, but you are in the Porsche section trying to force your opinions down our throats. Not the other way around. You aren't simply sharing information, you're somehow trying to convince Porsche owners that they should have bought a BMW instead!

Again, are we on your forum, in a M3 section, trying to persuade you Porsche are better tha BMWs? Nope, its the other way around. You are trying to convince us. We have nothing to prove to you. We aren't trying to convince you of anything. We are simply stating the facts. Period.

How do you not see the humor in this, and the colossal amounts of wasted of time and energy that you are putting forth in your efforts?

Old 07-06-2010, 02:01 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
This is very well written.
It is, as it applies perfectly to you.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:02 AM
What is wrong with providing supplemental information and allowing users to decide for themselves?
The fact that you feel you need to do it.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:06 AM
Banned
No, actually I mentioned that Porsche was much faster around the 'ring, more easily modified, and even comes out higher on JD Power's initial quality rankings.

You guys are the ones pushing staright line perforemance becuase that's the only place BMW seems to be able to compete (with built motors that is).

I'm saying all-around, in every way other than holding 4-people, I believe Porsche to be superior.

But that's only my opinion. Don't let it bother you so much.
Oh, well, some mags choose the M3 even over the 911 turbo so it seems there is support for both sides, eh? How many times has BMW won engine of the year vs. Porsche? Isn't BMW leading that category? Seems a panel of engineers thinks BMW has Porsche beat there.

Ummm, only straight line performance? How many times do I have to say the M3 takes the 911 around the track? Even the 911 turbo with far more power is 4/10's quicker around Laguna Seca, that tells you the M3 is making up the power differential in the turns. That would be from that same article where they picked the M3 over the GTR and 911 turbo

My opinion is that the 911 is an outdated platform Porsche is forceably protecting as if the Cayman/Boxster received the same motors and development they would outperform it. So, there is a flaw that Porsche recognizes internally and it will be interesting to see what they do. You all know it, Porsche knows it, I know it, just will you admit it? The BMW is the better all around platform especially due to the 4 seats, better balance, ease to drive at the limit, and better daily usability. That is just my opinion and I hope it does not bother any of you.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:08 AM
Banned
The fact that you feel you need to do it.
The fact that I feel the need to participate in a topic that by default involved me considering where it originated? The fact that I am posting in said topic on a forum? So, this should just be a place where people read and not participate? I don't follow your logic. Why do you feel the need to post?

Old 07-06-2010, 02:10 AM

Another thing is that I would drive my M3 over a modded 996tt. I would drive a HPF stg 2-4 M3 over a modded 996tt as well. You dont need to argue with me on that, I know you disagree but thats your opinion. I did have access to driving a modded 996tt everyday (and a 997tt now) if i wanted to but the M3 is just so much funner to me.
Stock 996TTs and 997TTs aren't the most exciting cars to drive. They are so good, they are almost boring.

We saw some videos of BMW's beating Porsches, how is that consistent?
Okay so a video means constistency? Got it. So the video of 450 rwhp GT2 with a total of two modifications beating the 600+ rwhp HPF car from a dog and a roll must mean that's consistently wht happens. Check.

Scott I am open minded, i dont get where that comment is coming from. I back up BMW just like you back up Porsche.
When you guys get 60-130 and standing mile times like we are, and when E46 and newer cars start running 9s and 10's in the 1/4 with bolt-ons, come back and talk to me. Until then, no...the performance is not consistent.

Let me repeat what I'm saying. You guys come over HERE to argue the merits of your cars to a bunch of Porsche guys, as if our opinion means so much to you that you simply can't control yourself. It's a bit pathetic.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-06-2010 at 02:27 AM.
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
Whatelse do you need? Power without traction in Bmw sounds great too you?
BTW: any turbo m3 do any remarkable job in the Rings?

germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
What? You have been drinking something, that is for sure.

Uh, you load one up and you are at around 72k like mine was and you don't have to pay sticker either like I didn't back in 2008.

Gintani SC is $13,500. I guess my addition doesn't work like yours?

Yep, it is a good platform if you only value straight line speed. What other new car are you going to get that will do better for less than $100k? A GT500? A Z06 will need boost. A GTR is more money to start with and you will need to get into expensive mods like upgraded turbos to top it. Everything else is more expensive so like I said, yep, it is awesome.
Apparently prices are on the rise, its a beautiful thing when you can back up your posts with actual real numbers. I built one 2 days ago fully loaded to my specs and came in right around $80k.

http://gintani.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=14

So again I ask how is $96k wayyyyy cheaper than a ZR1? And with the Gintani kit you get a handshake to go with your voided engine warranty. The ZR1 does not run XX.XX @ 130 mph....it does not run 12.XX like you do with 130 mph traps....and it has a 100k mile warranty, even if you run it down the drag strip every weekend!

If straight line speed is all you care about then why drive around in a fat azz luxury car with girl part warmers and Nav? Why not buy a car that for the price of a supercharger it already runs faster and can actually put the power down? Wow I have heard it all someone who bought a $72k car just for its skill at going fast in a straight line!

Sell your M3 and get a Mustang, you will have no problem breaking into the 9's instead of dreaming about it after how much $$$$$ in mods?

Old 07-06-2010, 02:12 AM
Hello, is this thing on???

BOLT-ONS on a stock motor make huge power.

Sheesh...

Old 07-06-2010, 02:14 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
A Z06 will need boost? To do what? Last time I checked they can run as fast as you do after $15k or more pretty much bone stock. Where do you get your facts from, are you that blinded?

Old 07-06-2010, 02:19 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Apparently prices are on the rise, its a beautiful thing when you can back up your posts with actual real numbers. I built one 2 days ago fully loaded to my specs and came in right around $80k.

http://gintani.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=14

So again I ask how is $96k wayyyyy cheaper than a ZR1? And with the Gintani kit you get a handshake to go with your voided engine warranty. The ZR1 does not run XX.XX @ 130 mph....it does not run 12.XX like you do with 130 mph traps....and it has a 100k mile warranty, even if you run it down the drag strip every weekend!

If straight line speed is all you care about then why drive around in a fat azz luxury car with girl part warmers and Nav? Why not buy a car that for the price of a supercharger it already runs faster and can actually put the power down? Wow I have heard it all someone who bought a $72k car just for its skill at going fast in a straight line!

Sell your M3 and get a Mustang, you will have no problem breaking into the 9's instead of dreaming about it after how much $$$$$ in mods?
Uh, hey, I actually have the SC? Like I said, $13,500. Don't believe me? Pick up the phone or maybe I imagined the whole transaction.

You built one and it came to $80k? Not sure what you did to it, mine was fully loaded with DCT except for park distance control and I got it for under $70k when it first hit. You actually pay sticker? Then yes, sounds like you might have trouble with the price then.

So $70k + $13,500 = $83,500. Buy used, and it is even less. Yep, way less than a ZR-1 for more power. Name another 4 seat DCT car that can do that. Name another car period that can do that for that price, basically only the GT500.

I didn't buy the car just for going in a straight line, you asked me if I thought it was a good platform for it and I answered, didn't I? Now you are equating that to only caring about the straight line? Uh, sorry, try to focus not just tell yourself what you want to hear.

If I wanted a Mustang wouldn't I already have one? I would rather break into the 9's in an M3. I'm not into being a sheep and doing what is easier or what everyone else does, thanks. You should tell all these people modding their 911 turbos what a waste of money it is as they could have just picked up a used Gallardo and sent it to UGR. The fools!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...