996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 02:21 AM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
Well your BMW would beat Enzo, Mccla, Lambo and all top sport cars too. They could not do all around Nick-Nack like those.
If you could effortless afford these cars with price no object, would you pick your GOD BMW?
Originally Posted by CURI0
The BMW is the better all around platform especially due to the 4 seats, better balance, ease to drive at the limit, and better daily usability.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:22 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by germeezy1
A Z06 will need boost? To do what? Last time I checked they can run as fast as you do after $15k or more pretty much bone stock. Where do you get your facts from, are you that blinded?
A Z06 is NA and to make the power boosted M3's do it will need boost itself. Even with an aggressive cam 600 whp is the max. Ever heard of this thing called reality?

Oh ya, they are making 600 whp stock, lol.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:25 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Wow it would have more power than a ZR1, and a 997.2 TT as well.....but it would still be sloooooower!

Why compare to a ZR1, when your ET suggests maybe a Z06 is more your speed? Since when is a $70k luxury sedan based car a good platform to build a car designed to go fast in a straight line from?

I have proven that I don't have blatant fanboyism, so again I did not make up those numbers.

But wait you are probably going to tell me that once you build your motor you will be more than capable of staying with a stock internal ZR1 with bolt ons?

Old 07-06-2010, 02:25 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Oh, well, some mags choose the M3 even over the 911 turbo so it seems there is support for both sides, eh? How many times has BMW won engine of the year vs. Porsche? Isn't BMW leading that category? Seems a panel of engineers thinks BMW has Porsche beat there.
Dude, BMW makes great cars. Especially when you consider they have back seats. Plus, mags aren't concerned a lick about modding potential.

Ummm, only straight line performance? How many times do I have to say the M3 takes the 911 around the track? Even the 911 turbo with far more power is 4/10's quicker around Laguna Seca, that tells you the M3 is making up the power differential in the turns. That would be from that same article where they picked the M3 over the GTR and 911 turbo
The Nurburgring is considered the world over to be the measure for production cars around a road course. Porsche has 10+ cars that go around it in under 8:00. BMW doens't have one. Even Porche's 4,000 lb sedan is faster around it than any N/A BMW is. Enough said.

My opinion is that the 911 is an outdated platform Porsche is forceably protecting as if the Cayman/Boxster received the same motors and development they would outperform it. So, there is a flaw that Porsche recognizes internally and it will be interesting to see what they do. You all know it, Porsche knows it, I know it, just will you admit it?
No, I'll never admit that. Porsche continues to prove to everyone that the 911 chassis is phenomenal.

Porsche puts motors in the cars based on brand priority and price. Just like BMW who won't an enigne in the M3 that makes the same or more power than the more expensive (and higher-tiered) M5 and M6.

The BMW is the better all around platform especially due to the 4 seats, better balance, ease to drive at the limit, and better daily usability. That is just my opinion and I hope it does not bother any of you.
It doesn't bother me at all. Other than having 4 seats, I disagree with everything else. But that's okay, because I don't need to like your car for you to like it.

That's what I've been trying to tell you.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:27 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Wow it would have more power than a ZR1, and a 997.2 TT as well.....but it would still be sloooooower!

Why compare to a ZR1, when your ET suggests maybe a Z06 is more your speed? Since when is a $70k luxury sedan based car a good platform to build a car designed to go fast in a straight line from?

I have proven that I don't have blatant fanboyism, so again I did not make up those numbers.

But wait you are probably going to tell me that once you build your motor you will be more than capable of staying with a stock internal ZR1 with bolt ons?
Oh ya, it would still be slower? If you say so.

ET is based on traction but power isn't. I won't bother explaining the relation to you as I just don't think you can grasp it when you make posts like these.

I guess you will just have to wait and see what happens? With this weak platform and all I'm sure no Porsche guys will be scared to run from a roll or anything, we would never see that.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:27 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
A Z06 is NA and to make the power boosted M3's do it will need boost itself. Even with an aggressive cam 600 whp is the max. Ever heard of this thing called reality?

Oh ya, they are making 600 whp stock, lol.
So did you run high 12's or low 12's....I can guarantee a Z06 would have no problem with you....bone stock....why does a 3100 lb car need the power of a 3600 lb car again? I understand that you are angry, you paid all that money to barely trap 130 mph....and you ran 12.91 @ 130....I would be mad to!

Old 07-06-2010, 02:28 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
A Z06 will need boost? To do what? Last time I checked they can run as fast as you do after $15k or more pretty much bone stock. Where do you get your facts from, are you that blinded?
Who needs a ZR1? I'd beat his car from a dig or a roll in a C6 Z06 with a $1500.00 intake and tune.

From a dig, a bone stock Z06 will easily do the trick.

CURI0 - really, you have no idea what you are saying.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-06-2010 at 02:31 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:31 AM
Oh ya, it would still be slower? If you say so.

ET is based on traction but power isn't. I won't bother explaining the relation to you as I just don't think you can grasp it when you make posts like these.

I guess you will just have to wait and see what happens? With this weak platform and all I'm sure no Porsche guys will be scared to run from a roll or anything, we would never see that.
Yeah ZR1's have a huge abundance of traction, did you know they were AWD? Oh maybe you did not know they have ran 10's bone stock? It's ok I do not imagine that the literature in your house showcases anything but BMW. If I say so....131 mph traps bone stock....and 10 second 1/4 mile times...I don't have to say so the car speaks for itself. Now its time that you let yours do the same.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:32 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Dude, BMW makes great cars. Especially when you consider they have back seats. Plus, mags aren't concerned a lick about modding potential.
I know BMW makes good cars. If mags pick an M3 even over a GTR and a 911 turbo seems there might be something to this?

The Nurburgring is considered the world over to be the measure for production cars around a road course. Porsche has 10+ cars that go around it in under 8:00. BMW doens't have one. Even Porche's 4,000 lb sedan is faster around it than any N/A BMW is. Enough said.
Nissan has turned the Nurburging into a joke with the way they play it. What do you mean BMW doesn't have one? The CSL lapped in 7:50, same as a facelift carrera S. That was a previous generation platform The GTS would of course be faster around it. Like I said, Porsche has a higher spectrum of performance cars. It makes it all the more impressive that a less powerful "sedan" can hang with and beat some of them, eh?

No, I'll never admit that. Porsche continues to prove to everyone that the 911 chassis is phenomenal.
Porsche is reaching the end of the 911 platform and everyone knows it. They even know it. The Cayman would run circles around it if they let it happen but then the 911 cash cow would be dead. Purely a business move and not one that is the best for the enthusiast. The 911 is kept alive and not surpassed as a business decision, not because it is better.

Porsche puts motors in the cars based on brand priority and price. Just like BMW who won't an enigne in the M3 that makes the same or more power than the more expensive (and higher-tiered) M5 and M6.

It doesn't bother me at all. Other than having 4 seats, I disagree with everything else. But that's okay, because I don't need to like your car for you to like it.

That's what I've been trying to tell you.
It's all good, it is not like I checked with your approval before making my purchase. I don't expect you to need my approval before making yours.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:33 AM
Yeah ZR1's have a huge abundance of traction, did you know they were AWD? Oh maybe you did not know they have ran 10's bone stock? It's ok I do not imagine that the literature in your house showcases anything but BMW. If I say so....131 mph traps bone stock....and 10 second 1/4 mile times...I don't have to say so the car speaks for itself. Now its time that you let yours do the same.
I saw two ZR1's trap 133 at a track rental...bone stock.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:33 AM
Curio its late, and while I never tire of UBER PWNG I think I will extend the olive branch and allow you to bow out of this argument gracefully. Your knowledge of cars is a knife to my M1 Abrams.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:36 AM
Banned
What? The ZR-1 isn't AWD, what are drinking over there? Of course I know they have run 10's bone stock, considering I have made threads on it. I would link them but I'm not allowed to. Oh, 10's stock on street tires as well. Guess where it was done and in what kind of DA? You do know what DA is, right?

You were talking Z06 and now you are talking ZR-1, exactly my point, thank you. Don't worry, when my car is finished I'll be reminding everyone of just how weak modded BMW's are in a straight line.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:37 AM
What? The ZR-1 isn't AWD, what are drinking over there? Of course I know they have run 10's bone stock, considering I have made threads on it. I would link them but I'm not allowed to. Oh, 10's stock on street tires as well. Guess where it was done and in what kind of DA? You do know what DA is, right?

You were talking Z06 and now you are talking ZR-1, exactly my point, thank you. Don't worry, when my car is finished I'll be reminding everyone of just how weak modded BMW's are in a straight line.
No need to wait until then, you are already reminding us now....MR 1X.XX @ 130 mph....................

There is no where on planet earth your car will run 10's....negative DA, 10% downhill grade track, VHT sprayers imbedded in the track ETC.....So please tell me high 12's or low 12's?

Last edited by germeezy1; 07-06-2010 at 02:39 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:37 AM
Banned
Curio its late, and while I never tire of UBER PWNG I think I will extend the olive branch and allow you to bow out of this argument gracefully. Your knowledge of cars is a knife to my M1 Abrams.
When you have to pat yourself on the back you know it is time to bow out.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:38 AM
Banned
No need to wait until then, you are already reminding us now....MR XX.XX @ 130 mph....................
Oh, when people list their best trap that is just funny I suppose. You should inform everyone who does that to stop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...