996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 02:39 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURI0
I know BMW makes good cars. If mags pick an M3 even over a GTR and a 911 turbo seems there might be something to this?
Of course. It's called not caring about performance all that much.

Nissan has turned the Nurburging into a joke with the way they play it. What do you mean BMW doesn't have one? The CSL lapped in 7:50, same as a facelift carrera S.
The CSL was never sold in N/A, which was my point. BMW has never sold a car in N/A that has run under 8:00 around the 'ring. Didn't know that, huh?

That was a previous generation platform The GTS would of course be faster around it.
Until it does, 'of course' doesn't mean a thing.

Like I said, Porsche has a higher spectrum of performance cars. It makes it all the more impressive that a less powerful "sedan" can hang with and beat some of them, eh?
No, because the less poweful sedan is still slower than the slowest of the 10 with 8:00 or under 'ring times...and that one weights 4,000 lbs. Embarrasing...

Porsche is reaching the end of the 911 platform and everyone knows it. They even know it. The Cayman would run circles around it if they let it happen but then the 911 cash cow would be dead. Purely a business move and not one that is the best for the enthusiast. The 911 is kept alive and not surpassed as a business decision, not because it is better.
Whatever you say, boss.

It's all good, it is not like I checked with your approval before making my purchase. I don't expect you to need my approval before making yours.
Good. Then I guess there's no reason for you to continue trying to prove to us how awesome BMW is, is there?

Old 07-06-2010, 02:39 AM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Zr1's are fast. Here is a bone stock won destroying a 400k+ Porsche.

I guess this means Porsche sucks..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghSqIWOf72Q

Old 07-06-2010, 02:41 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
When you have to pat yourself on the back you know it is time to bow out.
Fact is not your strong point, I get it.....

Old 07-06-2010, 02:41 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Glad to see you came to your senses, Sticky.

Remember - You don't need to prove to anyone here your car is special, as long as it's special to you, big guy.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-06-2010 at 03:01 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:42 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Of course. It's called not caring about performance all that much.
So now we are back to the better all around car

The CSL was never sold in N/A, which was my point. BMW has never sold a car in N/A that has run under 8:00 around the 'ring. Didn't know that, huh?
You didn't say anything about North America, you said BMW has no cars running under 8 which was incorrect. Next time be more specific so you don't have to backtrack.

Until it does, 'of course' doesn't mean a thing.
Even if it does, it won't matter, since it won't be in North American and all.

No, because the less poweful sedan is still slower than the slowest of the 10 with 8:00 or under 'ring times...and that one weights 4,000 lbs. Embarrasing...
Almost as embarassing as a dedicated sports car getting taken around the track by a sedan, eh?

Good. Then I guess there's no reason for you to continue trying to prove to us how awesome BMW is, is there?
I like it here, some of the most experienced and well informed enthusiasts I have spoken to in a while. They just happen to be the BMW owners

Old 07-06-2010, 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by SCM3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghSqIWOf72Q
You're so fickle, VIk.

No one said BMW sucks. You're self-esteem can remain intact.

And yes, ZR1's are very fast.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:43 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Well, It's been fun. Glad to see you came to your senses, Sticky.

Remember - You don't need to prove to anyone here your car is special, as long as it's special to you, big guy.

Good night.
Agreed, it is getting late.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:43 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Who wants to bet that if I ask the Carrera GT owner if I ask him is that a great platform if you only value straight line speed he will say no? Who would rather have the ZR1.....Not I....

Old 07-06-2010, 02:45 AM
Good night guys, I am going to go to sleep on my soft BMW pillows to await the REM powered by a tightly wound small block V8.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:48 AM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Who wants to bet that if I ask the Carrera GT owner if I ask him is that a great platform if you only value straight line speed he will say no? Who would rather have the ZR1.....Not I....
Are you crazy man?? The Zr1 is a far better car, its stock motor can be modded easier then the stock motor of a carrera gt.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:50 AM
You're so fickle, VIk.

No one said BMW sucks. You're self-esteem can remain intact.

And yes, ZR1's are very fast.
My self esteem has nothing to do with this. These are cars.... Come on now...

ZR1's are better performance wise then a carrera gt, their stock motors can be modded easier with bolt on's.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:50 AM
Are you crazy man?? The Zr1 is a far better car, its stock motor can be modded easier then the stock motor of a carrera gt.

If I had a CGT, I would buy a ZR1 and not care if I ran it into a wall at 120 mph...it would be my throw away car!

Old 07-06-2010, 02:52 AM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough
You guess this means BMW suck...ers or suck...est.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:55 AM
So now we are back to the better all around car
Not at all. To me, "all-around includes" performance. Maybe not to you, though.

You didn't say anything about North America, you said BMW has no cars running under 8 which was incorrect. Next time be more specific so you don't have to backtrack.
See that "NA" below? That stands for "North America". If I didn't write it early enough in the paragraph for you, my bad. I guess I gave you a little too much credit.

The Nurburgring is considered the world over to be the measure for production cars around a road course. Porsche has 10+ cars that go around it in under 8:00. BMW doens't have one. Even Porche's 4,000 lb sedan is faster around it than any N/A BMW is. Enough said.
So, as I said...BMW has never sold a car in NA that has gone faster than 8:00 around the 'ring. Porsche has sold over 10 since 2000 or so, and they even have a 4,000 lb sendan that is faster than all NA BMWs. Yes, truly embarrasing.

I like it here, some of the most experienced and well informed enthusiasts I have spoken to in a while. They just happen to be the BMW owners
You consider yourself well-informed? You don't even know that fuel injector is a bolt-on mod!

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-06-2010 at 02:59 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:58 AM
Wow low 8's .....for $22k....it kind of makes you rethink things........

I guess the E9X platform is not such a good one for going fast in a straight line.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...