996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 02:58 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCM3
My self esteem has nothing to do with this. These are cars.... Come on now...

ZR1's are better performance wise then a carrera gt, their stock motors can be modded easier with bolt on's.
Dude...ZR1s are better 'performance wise' than pretty much any other production car on earth. Not sure how that helps your argument, though.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-06-2010 at 03:00 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:58 AM
aroonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rougharoonkl is a jewel in the rough

You made my day a car enthusiast thinks ZR1 is better than Carrera GT.
I have clear idea now why BMW is better than P.
Are you crazy man?? The Zr1 is a far better car, its stock motor can be modded easier then the stock motor of a carrera gt.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:01 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Wow low 8's .....for $22k....it kind of makes you rethink things........

I guess the E9X platform is not such a good one for going fast in a straight line.

I thought you were going to sleep where in your dreams ZR-1's are AWD?

Yep, that is a nice new car sold by GM that is clearly comparable to the production vehicles today that we were talking about.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:01 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aroonkl

You made my day a car enthusiast thinks ZR1 is better than Carrera GT.
I have clear idea now why BMW is better than P.
He was being sarcastic, applying your own medicine, sigh.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:02 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURI0
I thought you were going to sleep where in your dreams ZR-1's are AWD?

Yep, that is a nice new car sold by GM that is clearly comparable to the production vehicles today that we were talking about.
Wait , that is so cuuutte...you changed your signature for me?

Old 07-06-2010, 03:02 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Are you crazy man?? The Zr1 is a far better car, its stock motor can be modded easier then the stock motor of a carrera gt.
Ha ha...okay. Now you're really reaching!

A M3 is not a CGT, regardless of the type of aspiration it uses.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:06 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Not at all. To me, "all-around includes" performance. Maybe not to you, though.
Uh, ya, all around would include performance. It would depend how much focus you put on that particular area. Seems the mag thought the M3's strengths in all areas outweighed engine power solely. You can mod for performance as well, right? So if you take that into account, I like the M3 even more.

See that "NA" below? That stands for "North America". If I didn't write it early enough in the paragraph for you, my bad. I guess I gave you a little too much credit.
You mean the NA you write when you mention the Panamera? Before that, you say BMW has no car that runs under 8:00 minutes, which was incorrect. No big deal.

So, as I said...BMW has never sold a car in NA that has gone faster than 8:00 around the 'ring. Porsche has sold over 10 since 2000 or so, and they even have a 4,000 lb sendan that is faster than all NA BMWs. Yes, truly embarrasing.
Oh, but they have cars in North America that outlap Porsches on North American tracks? I guess that is embarassing, just not for BMW. The Panamera is a great car and the best sedan out, until the new M5 eats it alive. You know, because you are comparing a brand new sedan to past BMW performance vehicles? Just hold on

You consider yourself well-informed? You don't even know that fuel injector is a bolt-on mod!
I guess I have no idea what I'm talking about. Nope, I don't consider fuel system and turbo upgrades bolt on's, sorry. You should check on that supraforums website you are so fond of what the difference between BPU and APU is.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:07 AM
Banned
Wait , that is so cuuutte...you changed your signature for me?
You just seem easily confused so I don't want to distract you.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:08 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Curios new Sig

DCT M3 - Gintani Supercharged: 1/4 mile 12.91 @ 130.14 mph . HRE C90's, Hamann lip, Gintani Exhaust, Headers, Water Meth, etc. How much do you want to spend to go slow? Please PM me....leader of SLOWBMWS....

Cayenne S - Porsche I really even believe there is no substitute.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:09 AM
Banned
Curios new Sig

DCT M3 - Gintani Supercharged: 1/4 mile 12.91 @ 130.14 mph . HRE C90's, Hamann lip, Gintani Exhaust, Headers, Water Meth, etc. How much do you want to spend to go slow? Please PM me....leader of SLOWBMWS....

Cayenne S - Porsche I really even believe there is no substitute.
You must write for Leno when you aren't posting here.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:11 AM
Uh, ya, all around would include performance. It would depend how much focus you put on that particular area. Seems the mag thought the M3's strengths in all areas outweighed engine power solely. You can mod for performance as well, right? So if you take that into account, I like the M3 even more.

You mean the NA you write when you mention the Panamera? Before that, you say BMW has no car that runs under 8:00 minutes, which was incorrect. No big deal.

Oh, but they have cars in North America that outlap Porsches on North American tracks? I guess that is embarassing, just not for BMW. The Panamera is a great car and the best sedan out, until the new M5 eats it alive. You know, because you are comparing a brand new sedan to past BMW performance vehicles? Just hold on

I guess I have no idea what I'm talking about. Nope, I don't consider fuel system and turbo upgrades bolt on's, sorry. You should check on that supraforums website you are so fond of what the difference between BPU and APU is.
Stop the presses, the Supra is the first performance car ever....and as such the Supra Forums is the sole proprietors of the definition of bolt ons.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:15 AM
Banned
Stop the presses, the Supra is the first performance car ever....and as such the Supra Forums is the sole proprietors of the definition of bolt ons.
You don't have to be the first to be correct but I find it odd that experience with MKIV's is claimed yet their modification standard is dismissed.

Let me guess, you consider turbo upgrades and fuel system upgrades bolt on's as well?

We already had this discussion and I agree with this assessment:

Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
there are cars out there some make that have a fuel system capable of 1200rwhp... running piggyback systems etc etc... all the plumbing, headers, Ics... etc etc are all done custom... yet they all call it bolt on...

If anyone is so naive to believe that anything over 700 hp is a simple bolt on then your smoking some good stuff because if you would see what goes into such a project you would freak out... lines are rerouted, custom oil lines, water lines, DVS are relocated, external Wgs etc etc the list goes on...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2633706

Old 07-06-2010, 03:17 AM
You don't have to be the first to be correct but I find it odd that experience with MKIV's is claimed yet their modification standard is dismissed.

Let me guess, you consider turbo upgrades and fuel system upgrades bolt on's as well?

We already had this discussion and I agree with this assessment:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2633706
Bolt ons are external engine modifications that can typically be accomplished with simple hand tools.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:22 AM
Banned
Bolt ons are external engine modifications that can typically be accomplished with simple hand tools.
Yep, simple hand tools aren't going to get what he had done, done. It isn't something quick and easy that just bolt's right up without supplemental changes.

I disagree with his definition and it is open to interpretation. I would consider a person well informed someone who has enough experience to state this.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:36 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
We put our first turbo kit together in the garage with simple hand tools. Are you stupid enough to think that it requires special tools to put turbo kits, injectors, etc.. on these cars? It's a lot of 10mm, 13mm, 15mm, etc bolts. REALLY COMPLEX TOOLS!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...