996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 06:41 AM
dynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Powell
We put our first turbo kit together in the garage with simple hand tools. Are you stupid enough to think that it requires special tools to put turbo kits, injectors, etc.. on these cars? It's a lot of 10mm, 13mm, 15mm, etc bolts. REALLY COMPLEX TOOLS!!!!!!
What kind of turbos do you have?Thanks.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Precision Billet 5857's w/ .82 a/r wheel.

First we are not Supra's... They are one of the ONLY communities to use APU/BPU words... I came from the LS1 world and we NEVER used that stupid ****... It was bolt-ons, Forced Induction, N2O, and built motors (when it was N/A)...

CURIO you remind me of the LS1/Ford/etc people that are so big of brand specific fan boys that nothing compares to their type cars. I don't think the Porsche is the end all car, trust me I'd trade it any day for a Ferrari, Lambo, etc.. I have respect for anything that is fast and it boggles my mind when people like you come out of the wood work just running their mouth spouting ignorant crap... If you were a Chevy person I wouldn't doubt you'd bring up the infamous Third Gen Camaro as being the greatest engineering marvel to ever grace this earth and how the SBC and BBC are the ONLY real motors. You act if my motor isn't going to last and I bet are hoping blows up which for that little comment of "only 6000 miles" you can go f*ck yourself because I'm sorry you don't have the right group of people helping you build your car to make power... Hell on our home built garage kit I was going 11.0s @ 137 in the HEAT making only 666rwhp and went a 6.1 60-130 with a passenger... Car has been holding strong ever since... Sorry your precious M3 motor's can't do that without going KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

So please get a life and stop posting ignorant ****... You sound more and more like a idiot every single time you post. If I was a mod you would have been gone a long time ago for being a idiot...

Hopefully this will start some good smack talk and make my day go by fast...

Last edited by Powell; 07-06-2010 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:44 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Precision Billet 5857's w/ .82 a/r wheel.

First we are not Supra's... They are one of the ONLY communities to use APU/BPU words... I came from the LS1 world and we NEVER used that stupid ****... It was bolt-ons, Forced Induction, N2O, and built motors (when it was N/A)...

CURIO you remind me of the LS1/Ford/etc people that are so big of brand specific fan boys that nothing compares to their type cars. I don't think the Porsche is the end all car, trust me I'd trade it any day for a Ferrari, Lambo, etc.. I have respect for anything that is fast and it boggles my mind when people like you come out of the wood work just running their mouth spouting ignorant crap... If you were a Chevy person I wouldn't doubt you'd bring up the infamous Third Gen Camaro as being the greatest engineering marvel to ever grace this earth and how the SBC and BBC are the ONLY real motors. You act if my motor isn't going to last and I bet are hoping blows up which for that little comment of "only 6000 miles" you can go f*ck yourself because I'm sorry you don't have the right group of people helping you build your car to make power... Hell on our home built garage kit I was going 11.0s @ 137 in the HEAT making only 666rwhp and went a 6.1 60-130 with a passenger... Car has been holding strong ever since... Sorry your precious M3 motor's can't do that without going KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

So please get a life and stop posting ignorant ****... You sound more and more like a idiot every single time you post. If I was a mod you would have been gone a long time ago for being a idiot...

Hopefully this will start some good smack talk and make my day go by fast...

Is work THAT boring Chris?

Old 07-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Is work THAT boring Chris?
It could be. If you don't see a response for awhile it's because I got busy. LOL!!!

Old 07-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Ahhh back froma couple days at the shore and the thread is still going.

BattaM3 and sidekick Curio/Sticky - I love your guys enthusiam and trying to make me out to be a cheater and liar. Real good sportmanship there. Fortunately we have a video where it's visiable that I did not need to cheat to win THAT race...

Furthermore BattaM3 keeps saying he thought there were gonna be rolls, so here are MY posts from your clown forum stating I am doing digs only.

The two of you either can't read, can't understand or just choose to ignore and cry about it later and pretend to be surprised by the "scared/cheating/lying 996 owner who won't do a roll".

I find it that BMW boys yelled I cheated - truly is awesome lol. Surprised you guys didn't say I snuck in a 200 shot of nitrous to win that one.

My first post in the clown thread....

Originally Posted by prodigymb
very scared. bring sticky tires. don't wanna hear the typical 100mph burnout excuses no time for burnouts in a 1/4 mile race. i run a light, i run it RWD just like you guys. i run pump 93, to be fair i will run tire of your choice, wanna do street tires or drag radials just let me know.

if you can ... meet me tonight @ 11
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Feastervl Trvs, PA 19053-6814
yet another post saying drag race.
Originally Posted by BattaM3
We were there for 3 hours. Your buddy said you didn't leave yet so we left. Noones talking trash. Dude said your stuck in a hurricane. Just thought that was funny. I run pump and meth because that's how my cars setup. I don't need your drag tires ethier.
- I didn't offer you my tires (they are a lil too big for your car) , I offered you a choice/option of whether you want to run on street tires or drag tires.....
- I can control my car in a drag race with either, can you?
- So are you up for this drag race? If rain lets off we can do tonight, if not any other night.
Yet again me clarifying for you that it will be a drag race.
Doesn't matter. I'm only running 19in street tires. Nothing special.
You know this is a drag race not a roll right?
Me explaining to you you WHY.
I dont care.. Why not do both? Ill do your race which is from a dig I guess then we do a roll..
Personally I am not fan of rolls for several reasons.
- It's nothing but a power exhibition.
- No reaction and launch
- No set start and finish line

To me a real race is from a dig especially highly hyped up one like this. From a roll your car makes almost 100whp more then mine on the top end, and that's not even fun. Since a dig is not your preferance, I will not put the Mickeys on and run on 19in street tires and RWD just like you.

For power we can just compare 60-130 times, as you are welcome to use our Vbox. I can't wait to try it out, we haven't used it yet...

rwd ...

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 07-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Kasaasta is infamous around these parts
It seems that it was quite clearly established what kind of race it's going to be.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:06 AM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
Sorry your precious M3 motor's can't do that without going KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
Now that's quite ignorant, there are plenty of 996TT's that have blown the motor due to mods on the stock block. Are you going to tell me it was simply because of the tune they had? Do you daily drive your car with 800+whp? Are you always running race gas?

Old 07-06-2010, 10:09 AM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
I find it that BMW boys yelled I cheated - truly is awesome lol. Surprised you guys didn't say I snuck in a 200 shot of nitrous to win that one.
I really dont want to join this subject but was it that big of a deal to run a quick roll race after? Would you much rather have race that was hardly a race? If you weren't worried about losing then I dont see another reason why you would not run a roll race. Its not that difficult! You guys arent running for money!

Old 07-06-2010, 10:17 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Curio because you and the 10 other guys that run M3's and maybe 1000 Supra owners think you can define what bolt ons are then I think your being presumptious. The term bolt ons has been out for a lot longer than those cars have even been out. Injectors and turbo's on an already turbo car are bolt ons. IMO

Old 07-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURI0
Uh, ya, all around would include performance. It would depend how much focus you put on that particular area. Seems the mag thought the M3's strengths in all areas outweighed engine power solely. You can mod for performance as well, right? So if you take that into account, I like the M3 even more.
Like I said, some mags don't seem to care that much about performance. But both the GTR and Porsche outperform the M3 to a such a high degree (and also take to modifications so much easier), that to me personally, it's impossible for it to thought of as the most well rounded-car. That's only my personal opinion, though.

I bet there are a lot Honda Civic owners out there who believe that their cars are the most 'well-rounded' as well, since it won a comparison test in a magazine once or twice.

You mean the NA you write when you mention the Panamera? Before that, you say BMW has no car that runs under 8:00 minutes, which was incorrect. No big deal.
No, I was abslutely correct in what I was saying. You were just slow on the uptake. No big deal.

Oh, but they have cars in North America that outlap Porsches on North American tracks? I guess that is embarassing, just not for BMW. The Panamera is a great car and the best sedan out, until the new M5 eats it alive. You know, because you are comparing a brand new sedan to past BMW performance vehicles? Just hold on
Amazingly, a quick Google search brought this up. Looks like the Porsche (the 997.1) was faster on this day. http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...r8-m3-gtr.html

Sure, on a tight track that doesn't require much power, the M3 will do well. It's well balanced and shifts very quickly. Heck, an Elise will do well also. I think the times will typically be close for the two cars on a track like this.

But....the 'ring exposes the primary weakness of the M3 (a significant lack of HP and torque) and it gets demolished by the Porsche. You certainly won't find any close races between the two on that track.

I guess I have no idea what I'm talking about. Nope, I don't consider fuel system and turbo upgrades bolt on's, sorry. You should check on that supraforums website you are so fond of what the difference between BPU and APU is.
I think the guys on Supraforums will be very happy to know that in your mind, they are the defining answer to what the term "bolt-on" is.

But let me tell you what every single Supra will owner tell you: when you replace a spark plug, that's a bolt-on mod. When you replace an air-filter, that's a bolt-on mod. When you remove a fuel injector with your hands and insert a larger one in it's place, that's a bolt-on mod. When you replace a FPR with a large FPR that's a bolt-on mod.

I took my old P-car apart several times just to see how it worked. I R&R'd the turbos myself, swapped hotsides, replaced radiators, intercoolers, turbo lines, replaced the plugs, injectors, slave cylinder, alternator, belts, brake calipers and crank pulley. I spent many, many hours under that car and knew it pretty well. None of the mods on that car outside of the internals of the engine were anything but bolt-ons. Some were 'simple' bolt-ons, some were more 'complex' bolt-ons, but all were bolt-ons nonetheless.

Maybe you should do the same with yours, or at a minimum, sign up for a college shop class for a semester to learn more about this stuff. I'm serious. It's actually pretty fun.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-06-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:06 AM
600WHP S4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CURI0
A Z06 is NA and to make the power boosted M3's do it will need boost itself. Even with an aggressive cam 600 whp is the max. Ever heard of this thing called reality?

Oh ya, they are making 600 whp stock, lol.
PLEASE SHOW ME a HPF or a supercharged e92 running 10.80s.... OH wait there is not a single HPF car in the tens that is pathetic... My car has cut better e/t's when it was 400whp then any 700whp HPF car.... A BONE STOCK c6 z06 has run 10.80s I know for a fact that a 600whp N/A z06 will go nines... No hpf car or turbo e46 m3 has been in the tens.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
All that said; I think this thread has served its purpose. I know some of the other mods have left it open out of professional courtesy, but its time has come to an end.

We've gone 20 pages, and things are continually getting more and more heated and we keep going in circles. The BMW guys seem to really believe they need to defend the honor of thier marque to us when really, what we think doesn't matter. You aren't going to change our minds and we certainly aren't going to change yours.

I think most of us here recognize and have readily admitted that BMW makes a fantastic car, but there's no need to try and convince us they are better Porsches.

Anyway, enjoy your cars. Be safe, be happy, and always make sure to race your race if you want to increase your chances of winning.

Thread closed (finally).

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-06-2010 at 12:11 PM.