996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
You really are stupid... This post proved it to me...

The stronger car WILL win in a 1/4 mile... So you are calling Outlaw 10.5, Top Fuel, etc.. ****ty because they can't roll race they can only drag race so they are not able to see who the stronger car is...
Well, with all due respect, I disagree. and you just don't seem to know what you are talking about.

The quicker car will win in the 1/4, the faster one won't necessarily. The stronger car won't always be the first one to cross the finish line, are you serious? Have you been to a strip or ever even heard of trap speed? You have times listed in your sig so this should not be mind boggling for you.

Uh, no, I'm not calling outlaw or top fuel bad at all and those are dedicated drag racing cars not street vehicles. If you want to provide an analogy you should start with ones that makes sense.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURI0
Perhaps some people are interesting in providing a different perspective? Sorry some of you don't like not seeing what you want to hear.
To be honest billy... I could care less. My last ride was faster than my 996TT and faster than probably everyone in this thread has been in the 1/4 (except TTBoost (unless you take out the 2 wheel'ed vehicles ). I respect anything that is fast. If I can only race from a stop and I lose... I lost so what... I could probably beat them from a roll but I'm not going to sit here and talk **** 24/7. I lost straight up. I'm not going to try to get a pity party for myself!

Old 07-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jarborn1
I agree with the different perspective thing.. but bottom line, Your M3 buddy AGREED to the terms of the race..

End of story!
Absolutely, he agreed and it seems he should not have shown that much class and expected the 996tt to do the same for him, his mistake. Why won't the 996tt owner agree to the M3's race after the M3 owner agreed to his?

Old 07-01-2010, 01:04 PM
BattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of light
Prodigy you talk more **** then anyone I know but did not bring that childish **** up once when I was there. You one friend wouldn't even look at me. Please don't try to
act tough. You keep bring up the scared to run ****. That comment was made to my friend in his thread about a ess car. Then this p car hero comes
out of nowhere. Say it to my face lol. With that comment I thought you'd be a grow *** man. Guess not.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Powell
To be honest billy... I could care less. My last ride was faster than my 996TT and faster than probably everyone in this thread has been in the 1/4 (except TTBoost (unless you take out the 2 wheel'ed vehicles ). I respect anything that is fast. If I can only race from a stop and I lose... I lost so what... I could probably beat them from a roll but I'm not going to sit here and talk **** 24/7. I lost straight up. I'm not going to try to get a pity party for myself!
I think you are missing the point.

Let's say you lost from a stop, ok, big deal, you lost. But let's say you wanted to see the outcome from a roll but your bud you raced now runs away and refuses to do so. Do you respect him for that?

Old 07-01-2010, 01:06 PM
BattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of light
I hope someone read my thread above so they can get the story

Old 07-01-2010, 01:07 PM
For the record me and curio are not friends. He just know my car.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by BattaM3
I hope someone read my thread above so they can get the story
I don't think most of these guys read it and that is why they don't understand what really took place.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:09 PM
jarborn1 is infamous around these parts
I think you are missing the point.

Let's say you lost from a stop, ok, big deal, you lost. But let's say you wanted to see the outcome from a roll but your bud you raced now runs away and refuses to do so. Do you respect him for that?
Then let's say you win in the roll... Now the guy who lost from a dig wants to race an auto-x, let's say the M3 loses that, now there has to be a drift.. Then an endurance, then possibly a wheelie contest..

This is a little silly, a race is a race.. it's over he lost, the Pcar won't race from a roll bc he obviously knows he will lose..

Take it as that, M lost from a dig, Pcar lost from a roll?? Everyone wins?

Old 07-01-2010, 01:11 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Hey, I'm just impressed you can make references that are not just gay jokes.

If running a car that is notoriously difficult to launch from a stop and winning makes you fast, then wow, impressive.

I owned a heavily modified E46 M3 for three years prior to owning a turbo. I'm well aware of how easy it is to drive that car. Specifically the SMG variant which I owned. Your friend appears to lack the ability to modulate the throttle when that was really the only thing he had to do.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by jarborn1
Then let's say you win in the roll... Now the guy who lost from a dig wants to race an auto-x, let's say the M3 loses that, now there has to be a drift.. Then an endurance, then possibly a wheelie contest..

This is a little silly, a race is a race.. it's over he lost, the Pcar won't race from a roll bc he obviously knows he will lose..

Take it as that, M lost from a dig, Pcar lost from a roll?? Everyone wins?
No, that is taking it out of context.

I think we all understand when talking about straight line speed an auto cross and drift competition do not apply.

We have 60-130 numbers and timeslips for a reason. Cars have different strengths but we all agree a roll on race will better display the power the cars are making instead of who can launch better on the street.

Everyone wins.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BattaM3
For 1 I never said denied I lost. My first post was I lost. It was all driver error as I hit the rev limiter both times. The 2nd run I launched ok. I have not tried to launch this car since it was stock which I stopped doing because It was killing the stock
clutch. That was the first time I tried with hpf stg2 clutch and stg2 turbo. This raced started as 335 vs ess e92m. I never offered to race the 996tt. He got mad at comment I made with a friend in my friends thread about the ess car. He got butthurt and I was even talking about him. That ess car makes 471rwhp 326lbtq sae corrected when u change the correction to STD is 498. My car makes 15rwhp in every setting in STD. My car just does not do well from a dig. For couple reasons
1- I don't hit full boost in 1st 7-8lbs-14 I'm 2nd and above.

2- driver error I'm no drag racer. I haven't tried to launch this car since I bought it. I never forced this race. I just agreed knowing that I would most likely lose but what the hell I don't really care. I thought maybe since I suck from
a stop. I could get him on highway for some fun but he wouldn't do it but he'd race a 470 rwhp e92 m3 from a roll. I went out I tried and lost. Any **** talking this dude is talking about wasn't even directed at him or his buddy ess car till later after he started running his mouth. I was talking trash about ESS as a company. First they claimed 600hp stock exhaust then got called out then they posted another sheet at 560 they were called out again. Now if you check there site new dynos at 502-506 and the this car can barely crack 480 sae.
Hey Mario - a lot of things I am saying and so are others here are instigated by Sticky/Curio. I really have nothing against you. I give you props for trying if you knew you were at a disadvantage. I for one did not expect the outcomes to be that, I thought doing a dig would even things out. You seemed fairly confident of your car beforehand that is why I was under that impression.

As far as the ESS car goes. That is my friends car and I helped build it, I will never say no to a friend.

You have a chip against ESS....run the ESS car. He'll do a roll with ya.

I don't like rolls. I did the run we both agreed to. If I would have said "Hey Mario I'll do a roll with ya if I can beat you from a dig" and then didn't do it I would understnad your frustration. I told you right away, righ off the bat that....this is what I do. You agreed.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 07-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Why don't you some of you read my post on page 5. Instead of just going back and forth. Curio quote it maybe because they are getting a 1 sided story from prodigy. Like I set out to race him. Which is not the case I agreed to the race for run since they hangout right down the street from where I live.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by bmoores
I owned a heavily modified E46 M3 for three years prior to owning a turbo. I'm well aware of how easy it is to drive that car. Specifically the SMG variant which I owned. Your friend appears to lack the ability to modulate the throttle when that was really the only thing he had to do.
Weird, because I had an SMG M3 and there was no way to modulate the throttle from a stop in a manner that is conducive to launching a turbo.

Being able to quickly and consistently shift and approach the limits of the M3 has no application on launching a turbo M3 with SMG from a stop on street tires. Do you have any experience with that?

Tell me, did you ever drag race your M3?

Old 07-01-2010, 01:15 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
to all the cry babies there you go!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...