996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
Well I'm going to disagree with you unconditionally. There are two ways to apply launch control in the E46 SMG cars. That is a FACT. One results in a burnout and the other is a less aggressive more optimal launch.

I didn't I only raced from a roll. I read somewhere that they are terrible off the line.
I'd say there are three ways. You can mash it which will give you the burnout mode, use launch control, or just feather it. None of these work well with the HPF turbo as it is usually spin or bog. You have to get it basically perfect to get out of the hole quickly. Euro launch control would mitigate this as it modulates the clutch from a higher rpm instead of dumping like the US software.

They are terrible off the line with SMG

Old 07-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BattaM3
I would win a arm wrestling contest. Lol. I thought he was going to run from a roll but he's more interesting in setting up others races for me with other car instead of him just running me. He says he don't do rolls but gives other ars a roll. What's up with that??
No why would I bet when I knew going into this the outcome might not be good. Curio lives in Cali. Race was in Philly. I'm not a sore loser at all. I just don't undertand why he does rolls for every car and bike but not me??!
not sure... maybe he thinks you'll prob beat him or maybe he doesn't like you... but the end of the day, if he doesn't want to, e-arguing is not going to change that i'm sure if you roll up to EPL, those guys won't mind racing

Old 07-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
To all 996TT owners launching the 996TT is the easiest car to do apparently. God I guess we are all idiots and don't know how to drive because we can't nail it every time...

Old 07-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
To all 996TT owners launching the 996TT is the easiest car to do apparently. God I guess we are all idiots and don't know how to drive because we can't nail it every time...
No one said that, and in AWD it is more difficult than if the 996 is setup as RWD.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:35 PM
BattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of light
Because I read you stupid post wrong. Since I have to argue with you and someone else. Lostmarine and me thought we were doing rolls afterwards but when I went back and read the posts and texts you were talking about ess car. Once we got there you said no rolls. I wasn't going to turn around and go home. I gave it a shot. You might be able to pull from a roll guess we'll never know. I just think it's dumb you'll run of other cars (slower ones) from roll but not me.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
No why would I bet when I knew going into this the outcome might not be good. Curio lives in Cali. Race was in Philly. I'm not a sore loser at all. I just don't undertand why he does rolls for every car and bike but not me??!
Here are my honest thoughts...

I said I was going to do a drag race, not knowing all the diffuclities you have launching your car. I don't launch that great either. It's all relative.

I said I do rolls with my friends to mess around, even with that said very rarely. I have only raced a hadnful of people (literally very few) from a roll since i stopped roll racing and moved to drag racing. People I raced from a roll make same power I do which made it more or less close. ESS M3 and I dynoed to gether and made with 15whp of each other. The Porsche also used to be his car and he is a close friend, so i can not say no in that situation.

You are taking the fact that I did not want to do a roll personally, you are also taking it as an insult to you and your car. It is not meant to be that at all. I am sure the race would not look that way from a roll where there are less variables. Your car is lighter, more powerful and SMG which on paper should beat mine from a roll.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
BattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of lightBattaM3 is a glorious beacon of light
I've driven 996 and 997tt. No saying it easy. I'm just saying smg is gay when it comes to launching. I tried mash the peddle the first run and my car just stood still for 1-2 seconds then took off. 2nd I launched ok but hit rev limiter.
**** we only did 2 runs. Those were the first time I tried in year and first since turbo. At least at a track I'd have all day to get a good pass. Not 2 runs and
go home.

jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
i come back to this thread and all hells broken loose in an hour... lol.

Curio, you seem more worked up over this than the actual owner of the M3... I agree with some of the things you say, I personally would race form a dig, roll... whatever, but not everyone is the same and since it was made clear from the beginning that the porsche would only race from a dig, you should just let it go. And i don't care how good of a driver you are, launching an HPF stage 2 from a dig with SMG on street tires is EXTREMELY difficult... much more so than launching a rwd 996TT with 500 rwhp... let it be a lesson learned for the HPF car. Don't run from a dig!

Old 07-01-2010, 01:40 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !

Old 07-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURI0
No one said that, and in AWD it is more difficult than if the 996 is setup as RWD.
Actually you are far from right...

Launching AWD was easier till it got to my recent setup (but we are talking 800+awhp). I didn't like RWD launches with mid 600rwhp because of wheelspin on 19s. I can launch with this much power though now because I have a CCW drag pack with 27.5" Drag Radials

Old 07-01-2010, 01:43 PM
No I'm taking it personally that you go around talking **** then act nice to me. There's a thread on this subject allready the only reason you brought it here is to gather some
support. You also say I called you out when in
reality is all I said to my FRIEND is maybe the ess car
is scared then you took butthurt to the next lvl.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by jhuang25
i come back to this thread and all hells broken loose in an hour... lol.

Curio, you seem more worked up over this than the actual owner of the M3... I agree with some of the things you say, I personally would race form a dig, roll... whatever, but not everyone is the same and since it was made clear from the beginning that the porsche would only race from a dig, you should just let it go. And i don't care how good of a driver you are, launching an HPF stage 2 from a dig with SMG on street tires is EXTREMELY difficult... much more so than launching a rwd 996TT with 500 rwhp... let it be a lesson learned for the HPF car. Don't run from a dig!
I agree with all of this except for me being worked up I think some of the Porsche owner responses were a bit over the line in their tone but it is all good.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:46 PM
I Run for fun. Roll dig reverse lol. Whatever. This dude is just out on a crusade to make
a hpf car look bad. I just suck at drag racing anyone who knows me knows this. Will I
back down from run NO. I didn't spend all this
money to look at my car like most.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:49 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
How come no one ever wanted to race me from a dig?

Old 07-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Like I said I thought we were doing roll after. Intill I got there. Then after I went home and looked thru the thread and texts. It was my fault I
read them wrong. Even lostmarine read them wrong. One night later he run a e92 from
a roll. It's my friend I had to do it is LAME.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: BMW forum trash talking and Drag race vids...