996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help EBC Yellow Brake Pads Squeak Like Hell

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 04:34 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice

ON my 996 TT when stopping at a traffic light, these are new and I had new rear OEM rotors at the same time anything I can do about this, I have tried water and an emergency stop to no avail. They are extremely effective as brakes but as the EBC yellow pads cost a cool $700 I kinda expected something else

Old 07-03-2010, 07:25 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Did you bed them in? That may help. Aren't the yellows their racing pads? Race pads squeal so you better get used to it. $700 is more than a full set of Pagids, and Pagids are known to be the top dog.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:58 AM
D_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant futureD_Nyholm has a brilliant future
Yes, bedding them in may help. There are little instruction manuals in the boxes when you buy them. Also, are you sure you didn't get Pagids? Last I checked, the EBC yellows were less than $150 for the fronts and $150 for the rears.

I have the reds on my car and am very happy with them. Very little dust and for the driving that I do, I have no complaints at all!! Maybe if I hit a HPDE, i might be saying something different, but at my skill level, i think they will suffice until i wear them out!

Old 07-03-2010, 10:04 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
you should have gotten some reds instead of yellow.

did you use disc brake quite gel on the back of the pads? that may help a little.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:54 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I have yellows...they screamed for about 300 miles and then only now and then.

They bite about 2x harder cold than the reds (really) and at temp, they seem way better. First time I used them I did a "holy shxx" in the driver seat....one of those night and day feelings. I loved the reds btw. These are better. I got them via amazon.com for about 100 per end....so 200 total for all 4 wheels.

2x the dust though.

Jeff

Old 07-04-2010, 07:21 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
They are Pagid Yellows (not EBC) apols

Old 07-04-2010, 08:40 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
My pagid reds squeak at low speeds and I followed the bed-in. I just learned to modulate the pedal a bit and its quiet now.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:48 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Pagids will squeal but like MBailey says, you can modulate the pedal to eliminate 95% of it. Pagid yellows are great pads. I couple them with Pagid blacks on the rears to help balance the front/rear brake bias.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:16 PM
drhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to behold
Have EBC on my AMG and then still squeeeell, more when in reverse?

Old 07-06-2010, 12:13 PM
RCH
Banned
The most embarrassing touch is currently they only squeal when I come to a dead stop, which I HAVE TO on my way to work regularly in the 20 or so traffic lights in the city, it certainly attracts attention

Old 07-06-2010, 12:57 PM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Did you try beveling the pads? I have RS-29's front and 14's rear, and they scream at every stop. I put the textar's back on till I can try a bevel.

Tom

Old 07-06-2010, 12:58 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
I run Pagid yellows in the front and black in the back at the track. They are a must on the track.

When my track days are within a week or two I leave them in and deal with incredible noise. My kids refuse to drive with me and everyone looks at me like 'wtf dude, that sounds like $hit'. I have never been able to 'modulate' the brake to stop the noise - especially below 5 miles an hour.

It easy to switch them out - takes about 30-40 min. Harderst part is taking off the wheel. I run the OEM Textar pads on the street.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBtcTZPsLR8

Originally Posted by RichardCH
The most embarrassing touch is currently they only squeal when I come to a dead stop, which I HAVE TO on my way to work regularly in the 20 or so traffic lights in the city, it certainly attracts attention

Old 07-06-2010, 02:10 PM
RCH
Banned
Dan (Vivid) you told me these are the thing, is this noise going to phase with time ???

Old 07-06-2010, 02:30 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Pagid Yellows are race pads and they are noisy, but beveling them will reduce the squeal. If you do not track a lot, they are probably the wrong pads for daily street use. If you only use the car for street use, you are probably better off with Hawk HPS pads. Stronger bite than stock pads with almost no brake dust.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
squealing pads ala 930, allright!!!

get a straight pipe exhaust that should cure it...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help EBC Yellow Brake Pads Squeak Like Hell