996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Very happy w/ my first P-car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 05:43 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
lose the front plate!

Old 07-07-2010, 08:11 PM
silverlight is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ttpopo
lose the front plate!
tell me about it! wish NY State shared your view

Old 07-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by silverlight
tell me about it! wish NY State shared your view
Where he is from, doesn't either. CA requires plates both front and rear.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:22 AM
StPatsDay is infamous around these partsStPatsDay is infamous around these parts
Those wheels look sharp!

Question: Can they be ordered with Porsche center caps?

Old 07-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Former Vendor
FORGED DST is a jewel in the roughFORGED DST is a jewel in the roughFORGED DST is a jewel in the rough
Car Looks GREAT!! Enjoy!

Old 07-18-2010, 12:59 PM
fgaston is infamous around these parts
Congrats Silverlight on your new purchase. It's very tasteful looking! Is the color Polar Silver? Do you mind me asking where you found it in the NY area as I'm in the market for identical car, and live in CT. Many thanks, Fred

Old 07-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by fgaston
Congrats Silverlight on your new purchase. It's very tasteful looking! Is the color Polar Silver? Do you mind me asking where you found it in the NY area as I'm in the market for identical car, and live in CT. Many thanks, Fred
Thanks Fred. I have a work colleague who owns many 911's and is a serious racer/collector, and he works very closely with Holt Motorsports in PA. A little more expensive than ebay/auto trader/etc., but I was given a lot of comfort on dealing with him and him standing behind the car. I know they have an '02 which is almost identical. Mine is Arctic Silver with midnight blue, and the '02 has black interior (http://www.holtmotorsports.com/carim...p?vin=6854x2#0). This one was a one prior owner and the other had 2 owners, so I just went with this one because of that and one year younger. He turns away most of the 911's that are offered to him and keeps the best ones. I'm told he can easily find cars if you know exactly what you want. Good luck in finding your car! I was torn between this car and going with an '07 Turbo to catch the last year of the GT1 engine but pickup the new body style. My purchase was admittedly spontaneous and I truly couldn't be happier!

Last edited by silverlight; 07-18-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:29 PM
StPatsDay is infamous around these partsStPatsDay is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by silverlight
Thanks Fred. I have a work colleague who owns many 911's and is a serious racer/collector, and he works very closely with Holt Motorsports in PA. A little more expensive than ebay/auto trader/etc., but I was given a lot of comfort on dealing with him and him standing behind the car. I know they have an '02 which is almost identical. Mine is Arctic Silver with midnight blue, and the '02 has black interior (http://www.holtmotorsports.com/carim...p?vin=6854x2#0). This one was a one prior owner and the other had 2 owners, so I just went with this one because of that and one year younger. He turns away most of the 911's that are offered to him and keeps the best ones. I'm told he can easily find cars if you know exactly what you want. Good luck in finding your car! I was torn between this car and going with an '07 Turbo to catch the last year of the GT1 engine but pickup the new body style. My purchase was admittedly spontaneous and I truly couldn't be happier!
I just purchased my 2002 Grey TT from Tim Holt. My third transaction wth Holt Motorsports and can vouch for them. All of Holt's inventory is quality and Tim is no b.s. to work with.
Silverlight-- i was torn between a '07 Turbo as well. And I, too, am glad that Tim Holt sold me on the 996 TT. It is a great porsche. Cheers.
JOHN

Old 07-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Finally got some better pics

Brought my camera with me so some better pictures attached. Also a few minors adds: (1) Fabspeed oval exhaust (x50 style), (2) grey side markers from Vivid, (3) key plug from bumper plugs, (4) vivid agency dual intake / box cover / BMC F1 air filter.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:33 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
awesome pix. very nice.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Jl4punch2 is infamous around these parts
nice and clean, do yo know how light the wheels are?

Old 07-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Jl4punch2
The 18" rears are 19lbs, i didn't see the weight for the 19's (which I have), 20's are about 22-23lbs. http://www.ozracing.com/at-team/whee...leggera-hlt/en

Old 07-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by ttpopo
awesome pix. very nice.
Thanks! Just wish I could lose the front license plate per your earlier post

Old 07-25-2010, 01:34 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Congrats on the car it looks sweet!

Old 07-26-2010, 08:47 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jl4punch2
The fronts weigh 21.6 lbs., and the rears weight 25.2.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Very happy w/ my first P-car