996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dyno vid: 700rwhp on pump gas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 10:35 PM
UrineMachine is infamous around these parts
That's wild man - on a GT2 no less. Ugh - I drove my friends when they were ~ 1 year old and couldn't stomach the sticker price lol. Seriously starting to think I need to get into P cars haha (hope the bmw guys don't hear that).

Old 07-05-2010, 01:03 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
great work, awesome power, congrats Scott on your new little monster

Old 07-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
very impressive! Congrats!

Can you give us details of your build? I'm especially interested in fueling. Pumps, injectors, FPR, etc..

Old 07-05-2010, 06:19 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
The biggest change from the previous setup to now is a combination of the TPC I/Cs and the many, many, many hours that Mike spent perfecting the tune.

Todd K. only made the changes to the tune that Mike asked him to, so Mike is primary "tuner" in this case.

very cool.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:11 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
what clutch are you running?

Old 07-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jags911tt
Congrats Scott. I know what you mean about making good power on pump. I made 750 rwhp on my last setup on pump. We should have the new pump numbers soon. We went from 901rwhp to 1109awhp with the changes on race(thanks for the rec on the ICs). We will see what the new pump numbers look like.
Thanks, jags. I'm sure you're numbers will be huge.

Originally Posted by UrineMachine
That's wild man - on a GT2 no less. Ugh - I drove my friends when they were ~ 1 year old and couldn't stomach the sticker price lol. Seriously starting to think I need to get into P cars haha (hope the bmw guys don't hear that).
Thanks, 'Urine' (I laugh everytime I see that)...but ya, I would never pay sticker for one of these either. Once I left BMW (2 E46 M3's and a E39 M5) and went Porsche, I've never felt I wanted to go back.

Originally Posted by alex55
great work, awesome power, congrats Scott on your new little monster.
Thanks, Alex.

Originally Posted by Ari
very impressive! Congrats!

Can you give us details of your build? I'm especially interested in fueling. Pumps, injectors, FPR, etc..
Thanks! Proto piggyback fuel pump, 3.8 BAR FPR with 60lb injectors.

Originally Posted by Blockhead
what clutch are you running?
ATS triple-carbon.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-05-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:35 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Congrats Scott awesome numbers on pump.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:32 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Scott,
Man that is truly one of the most beautiful 996's of any variant that i have seen.A special car and lots of luck with it .Joe

Old 07-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Scott,
Man that is truly one of the most beautiful 996's of any variant that i have seen.A special car and lots of luck with it .Joe
Wow, Joe...thank you very much for that wonderful compliment.

It means a lot, bro.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by rdss
Congrats Scott awesome numbers on pump.
Thanks, man!

Old 07-05-2010, 12:02 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
How does this car at 700 rwhp compare power wise and feel wise to your old 700 rwhp Z06 and your Supra?

Old 07-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Mad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant futureMad Ness has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SCM3
Thats some pretty serious numbers there Scott! I want to see some footage like the old days from you!

Btw i just realized we are making roughly the same power with similar boost levels. I have not dyno'd at 1.4-1.5 bar but my car has made 650whp at around 1.2-1.3 bar pump gas.
i agree, pump gas is the way to go for a street driven car. in japan, they got 100oct pump as a standard. lucky we only have 98 pump here, one choice. premium just has more cleaning agent additives.

650 at 1.2/1.3 wow - got extra fueling besides injectors?

Old 07-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by germeezy1
How does this car at 700 rwhp compare power wise and feel wise to your old 700 rwhp Z06 and your Supra?
The GT2 on 93 is faster and smoother than both and feels like it doesn't need to try as hard as the Z06 did to be fast....if that makes any sense.

The Supra was slower than both of them.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-05-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Mad Ness
i agree, pump gas is the way to go for a street driven car. in japan, they got 100oct pump as a standard. lucky we only have 98 pump here, one choice. premium just has more cleaning agent additives.

650 at 1.2/1.3 wow - got extra fueling besides injectors?
Piggyback fuel pump and 3.8 BAR FPR. That's it.

My fuel system (pumps) is my limiting factor right now, as it's only good to a little over 800rwhp.

I may upgrade it later and 'maybe' even go with bigger turbos...but for now, I just want to enjoy the car.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:43 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
The GT2 on 93 is faster and smoother than both and feels like it doesn't need to try as hard as the Z06 did to be fast....if that makes any sense.

The Supra was slower than both of them.
I would imagine it not to be as brutal, the Vette's tall gearing can't be a benefit against the GT2's much better gearing. Did I mention that the GT2 has always been my secret indulgence? I try to keep my admiration from them a secret around my domestic peeps.....

I am not a Porsche guy though, I could not imagine not having the seat flopping around in the corners....or the rifle shot impact intrusions into the car. And putting my snickers in the center console would even be possible.....no thank you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dyno vid: 700rwhp on pump gas