996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EagleOne Nano Wax

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
EagleOne Nano Wax

Anyone know anything about it? I have heard it is quite impressive and easy to use.

Old 02-01-2005, 12:49 PM
fONGSTER is infamous around these parts
My impressions of it

I have an E36 M3 LTW that sits outside alot...its a track car....

It did wonders to restore the paint and esp the stickers on the car...it totally gave it new life....

I dont know abt the paint much as my paint isnt in taht bad shape...yet....

Old 02-01-2005, 01:17 PM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
Most of the cheaper waxes are marketed to make the car look great after application, but will not last much longer than 3 weeks - this holds true for the NXT wax, the cheap Zymol, and most likely the nanowax (several threads on autopia about how it lasts only 2-3 weeks)

Unfortunately I think "you get what you pay for" holds true for detailing products - on a darker color car such as yours, I would probably recommend Menzerna, P21S GEPC, or 3M IHG as a polish, then if you want a long lasting product, use the Klasse twins. Top it off with a nice wax, like p21s, or if you want to go big, Pinnacle Sovereign...

Old 02-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Orli930 is infamous around these parts
I tried it, No big deal!

Old 02-01-2005, 01:34 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
Arling likes it!

Old 02-01-2005, 01:39 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by GoWide
Most of the cheaper waxes are marketed to make the car look great after application, but will not last much longer than 3 weeks - this holds true for the NXT wax, the cheap Zymol, and most likely the nanowax (several threads on autopia about how it lasts only 2-3 weeks)

Unfortunately I think "you get what you pay for" holds true for detailing products - on a darker color car such as yours, I would probably recommend Menzerna, P21S GEPC, or 3M IHG as a polish, then if you want a long lasting product, use the Klasse twins. Top it off with a nice wax, like p21s, or if you want to go big, Pinnacle Sovereign...

I have had NXT on my dads vette for almost 7 months, still good, could use a new coat. Most products only truely last 1-2 months.

P21S is my favorite, but on most applications I only get 3-4 weeks out of it, I have had it for 2 months on my girls accord and it stood up straight.

Here is a fresh coat of p21s (s100, same thing but cheaper) on my sub

http://images7.fotki.com/v143/photos...sc02059-vi.jpg

This all said, i've tried nanowax, it's a good product you can buy in just about any store.

what exactly are you looking for, do you want something that will last forever, or do you mind comming out and throwing a coat on once a month. How keen is your eye, i'm really picky and can tell the differences between products, but most people cannot.

Old 02-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Britt,

No experice with Eagle One other than their Wipe and Shine quick detail spray. If your looking for longevity, try the Klasse twins (All In One & Sealant Glaze). I did this on the Cayenne S and was impressed with the results. The SG can be a bit tempermental (use it sparingly) but the finished product looks great and is supposed to last for months (longer if layered). I used the orbital polisher to put it on as well as buff it off. Its an acrylic based formula. If your not looking for something that is going to last a long time, then any decent carnuba wax should do... P21s, Blitz, Sovereign, Zymol, etc... For the best of both worlds do the AIO with carnuba layered on top (what I do for the GT3). I still think the carnubas look best on darker cars.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:05 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by DEETZ
Arling likes it!
Yeah, but that was when he waxed his legs.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:34 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Yeah, but that was when he waxed his legs.
works fanTAstically well on the right leg but i do see some deep scratches & swirl mark on the left one.

Old 02-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Ray M is infamous around these parts
Klasse twins for the win!

My Turbo was treated to 2 applications of Menzerna FP, 2 coats of Klasse AIO, and 2 coats of Klasse SG the week before it caught on fire. Even had the wheels off for a wax. It was beading water from the fire truck like a champ while it was being pulled onto the flat bed! Damn it....

Old 02-01-2005, 07:05 PM
No Substitute is infamous around these parts
Yhe Eagle One is great on a driver, very easy on and off. How do the waxes noted above compare to Rejex? I haven't tried it.

Old 02-01-2005, 08:13 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
for Eric only,
after thought, i still perfer leather conditioner on my legs.

i like Eagle one cuz it's really easy on & off plus it smells great. as far as for good wax, CRAP! they're all the same since i have my guy wax the cars every month.

Old 02-01-2005, 08:15 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by No Substitute
Yhe Eagle One is great on a driver, very easy on and off. How do the waxes noted above compare to Rejex? I haven't tried it.
I didn't like rejex

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...threadid=21013

Old 02-01-2005, 08:49 PM
Banned
FAT-911 is infamous around these parts
With all the time and effort you guys put into detailing your cars and trying various waxes, I'm really suprised that no one here has tried Swissol?

I have tried just about everything in the past and nothing comes close, Swissol is very expensive but your definately getting what you pay for, well worth a try.

George

Old 02-01-2005, 10:06 PM
i've used some high end zymols and find they aren't nearly worth the money, more of a gimmick IMO. For those that wouldn't mind spending a few hundred on a wax. If I was one of them, I may use it, but i'm not so I don't

There are many excellent products out there that are as good if not better IMO for a lot less

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EagleOne Nano Wax