996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sunoco 260 Gt 100

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 03:19 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Sunoco 260 Gt 100

I just discovered that I have a BP gas station near my house (11 miles) that offers Sunoco 100 unleaded octane (BP selling Sunoco? Yes, you read it right). The pump is not near the main pumps, it is off to the side with its own external tank. You just pull up to the pump and fill her up at 7.29 a gallon.

How will this effect my tune, 24/18s, inlet ducts, plenum, ICs, injectors, Europipe II, Forge DVs, Proto tune. Can I run this gas exclusively since it's unleaded? What can I expect? I don't have an EBC, so the ECU will have to make the adjustment automatically. Will it do that, or will the car just run better or just safer? I plan on never putting any other gas in my car. I'm just waiting to run that last bit of 93 octane out of the tank and then I'm going to fill her up with 100.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
your car will adjust a little as far as timing....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 07-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
I just discovered that I have a BP gas station near my house (11 miles) that offers Sunoco 100 unleaded octane (BP selling Sunoco? Yes, you read it right). The pump is not near the main pumps, it is off to the side with its own external tank. You just pull up to the pump and fill her up at 7.29 a gallon.

How will this effect my tune, 24/18s, inlet ducts, plenum, ICs, injectors, Europipe II, Forge DVs, Proto tune. Can I run this gas exclusively since it's unleaded? What can I expect? I don't have an EBC, so the ECU will have to make the adjustment automatically. Will it do that, or will the car just run better or just safer? I plan on never putting any other gas in my car. I'm just waiting to run that last bit of 93 octane out of the tank and then I'm going to fill her up with 100.
I love this stuff. I've been running it directly from the pump in my cars for the last 5 years. My best friend runs it in his Proto 3.8 TT every day as well.

It's so much better in every way than 93. Your car will love it. It will run better, safer and yes, you will make more power on it.

It's too bad you don't have an EBC because you could easily run .2 BAR greater boost on it.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:13 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Yeah it sounds like if you plan to ONLY run this fuel, you could stand a re-tune on race gas only and pick up a quite a little power with more timing and more boost?

Old 07-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Yeah it sounds like if you plan to ONLY run this fuel, you could stand a re-tune on race gas only and pick up a quite a little power with more timing and more boost?
Mario elected not to run a EBC... he is already running 1.3 bar solid... afrs are at .8 lamda..

click to view

Old 07-06-2010, 04:52 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
Mario elected not to run a EBC... he is already running 1.3 bar solid... afrs are at .8 lamda..
Still a little fat, run him up to 1.4 and a few more degrees...

Old 07-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
Still a little fat, run him up to 1.4 and a few more degrees...
Im sorta against running leaner on pump at that boost... he also wanted a safe set up vs one on the edge... he wanted a pump gas and go set up... he's doing .8 average...

click to view

Old 07-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Im sorta against running leaner on pump at that boost... he also wanted a safe set up vs one on the edge... he wanted a pump gas and go set up... he's doing .8 average...
Gotcha. If you have him on 60lbers, then yeah...he's all done... for now..

Old 07-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Gotcha. If you have him on 60lbers, then yeah...he's all done... for now..
I'm on 60lbers.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I'm on 60lbers.
yeah I forget who's running big injectors on small FPR's and small injectors on 5 bars... and big injectors on 5bars

Old 07-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
yeah I forget who's running big injectors on small FPR's and small injectors on 5 bars... and big injectors on 5bars
The bar with 72s are not going to give him that much more... he needs the piggy back pump or bigger lines... which, like Scott's set up, is good up to 800rwhp...
Mario wanted a turn key no gimmicks(EBC) etc set up... he got what he asked for...

click to view

Old 07-06-2010, 05:45 PM
The bar with 72s are not going to give him that much more... he needs the piggy back pump or bigger lines... which, like Scott's set up, is good up to 800rwhp...
Mario wanted a turn key no gimmicks(EBC) etc set up... he got what he asked for...
That's cool. I still have 58's and a 5bar and stock fuel pump with no piggyback yet... I guess you could say I am lacking in fuel system too...

Old 07-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
The 58lbs are very close to the 60s.
Marios set up,generally speaking, at 1.3 will hit 600rwhp. But I have seen a dyno with same set up do 640rwhp on pump with some 100.
So I'm not really saying u need fuel. It is what it is. But I doubt we can safely hit 700 rwhp on 60 or 70 lbs injectors be it a 3.8 or 5 bar. I have not seen it done.
Just my observation

click to view

Old 07-06-2010, 06:19 PM
I agree...

Old 07-06-2010, 06:37 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
600rwhp is where I wanted to be and I think I'll be pretty close. I didn't want to get to complicated and Marek kept it simple and straight forward. I'm on the stock FPR (3.8) and 60lb injectors. 100 octane fuel around the corner is just icing on the cake. Maybe down the road.......................who knows.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 07-06-2010 at 06:43 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sunoco 260 Gt 100