996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ferrari Testarossa (am i screwed?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 11:58 AM
tscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by steve harris
tom thanks very much i am now ready to buy , but don,t let that stop you alls fair in love and war... shipping cost is something to remember . when i bought the porsche the cost was abiut $1200.00 maybe $1500.00 and that was at least 5 years ago enclosed from back east top ca.

anyway am on the fence about this car if i can get someone to look at it i'd feel better...
I think this is a great reason for me to not bid

Old 07-10-2010, 12:13 PM
gregporsche is infamous around these parts
What an awesome car, 'Ferrari Testarossa'. Steve, just to have experienced ownership of that car would be incredible. Here in Miami, people glance once or twice at a 360 Modena, but their jaws drop when the rare and occasional Testarossa drives by on US1. I hope you get it and the deal works out fine. Good luck.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:14 PM
willieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the rough
When does the auction end. I am working today but could get up to Calabasas tomorrow early afternoon to check it out for you if that helps.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:17 PM
jarborn1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mgib
Drinking and ebay should NEVER happpen at the same time!

don't ask how I know...
- Touche...

Best of luck OP, who knows...maybe you get a gem. $28k for a Testarossa, $10k in little fixes.. good as new.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:47 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
willie thanks much have only 21 hours,,,so guess i own or i don't really , thanks for your effort steve

Old 07-10-2010, 12:50 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
hey greg thanks if it works it works 31 hours and i'll know , then comes the long wait till the truck pulls up....oh and a nother og grand spent to get it here

Old 07-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Mgib is a splendid one to beholdMgib is a splendid one to beholdMgib is a splendid one to beholdMgib is a splendid one to beholdMgib is a splendid one to beholdMgib is a splendid one to beholdMgib is a splendid one to behold
I had to go check! Actually looks like a decent car if they've indeed done all the needed work. Seller seems reputable enough and has sold cars at that price point with happy customers. Good luck either way.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:50 PM
willieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Mgib
I had to go check! Actually looks like a decent car if they've indeed done all the needed work. Seller seems reputable enough and has sold cars at that price point with happy customers. Good luck either way.
I checked it out on Ebay as well. Looks pretty good for the miles and if they have done what they say they have done, the car is a good buy. I don't know the sellers (I'm in the car business not far from them) but the feedback is 100%. Good luck

Old 07-10-2010, 05:13 PM
well time marches on and i'm still the high bidder, but ebay is a last min winner take all soooooo i have a skim line set up just incase

Old 07-10-2010, 06:04 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
if it has a lien on it, you won't be able to transfer ownership until the lien is resolved/paid.

not sure if i would buy a car with a paper title in someone else's name.

Old 07-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jarborn1
- Touche...

Best of luck OP, who knows...maybe you get a gem. $28k for a Testarossa, $10k in little fixes.. good as new.

10k is just the tuneup. the fixes may be another 20k+

Steve, I would definitely look at the maintenance history on the car compared to what it should be. The older Ferraris are known for being maintenance nightmares. You want to make sure that it has been well maintained. The modern Ferrari's are much better in this regard, but the old ones will kill your wallet if you are not careful.

Old 07-10-2010, 06:32 PM
tscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to behold
I'm jealous

Old 07-10-2010, 07:40 PM
ya i know they are ez to break.... all doors and trunk must be closeed useing the edges,

happly i have a friend that workes on only f cars and porsches so i feel safe for the time being anyway time will tell....

Old 07-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
I loved the ******** roaster. Probably one of my favorite cars of all time!

Old 07-10-2010, 08:13 PM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Prche951
10k is just the tuneup. the fixes may be another 20k+

Steve, I would definitely look at the maintenance history on the car compared to what it should be. The older Ferraris are known for being maintenance nightmares. You want to make sure that it has been well maintained. The modern Ferrari's are much better in this regard, but the old ones will kill your wallet if you are not careful.
+1,000,000! I personally paid on my credit cards for a $12,000 30k mile service on a 1988 Testarossa... service costs are outlandish on this cars and that is an understatement! Try $2000 at a dealer for an A/C compressor that is made by Sanden and can be purchased for $200 at an A/C distributor (all you need is put your clutch on the new one) as an example of what they can charge for parts! Caveat emptor really applies here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ferrari Testarossa (am i screwed?)