996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ferrari Testarossa (am i screwed?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 02:37 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
after talking to my indy nobody won and i was luckey i did not get the car. he does ferraris and porsches (for years) the guy that bought the car may have some BIGGGGG repair bills, as you ferraris wear out while resting

his statment was after 40,000 miles you are all done....he gave me a price on gearbox which i can't remember but it was over 10 grand and the parts are very hard to find... his words they are really hard to steer the clutch is a nitemare, and ofcourse they are underpowered . so at 70,000 mile even after service the owner is toast....
ah but they sound soooooo good!!!

Old 07-12-2010, 03:03 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Why not roll with a 348 or 355. They are pricey to maintain but not quite ferrari V12 pricey from what I was told by a F-car mech friend of mine. I would love to rock a 348 but it is way out of my league and not fast enough.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:18 PM
DougM is infamous around these parts
I am sorry but that is a crock of....I have owned 4 different older Ferraris and all have been fine. Actually I sold the first 3 cars for more than I had purchased them for. I am currently driving/fixing a '77 308. Actually drove it instead of my 993 to our PCA meeting tonight. Paying that price for a TR can't hurt you, unless you can't start it and drive it away. Heck, just park it for a few years until the low is $45k again. The more you drive them the better they are. I would rather have that car than a 5000 mile one. Drive it without worrying about blemishes and the extra miles won't cost you since it is already a higher mile car.
Originally Posted by steve harris
after talking to my indy nobody won and i was luckey i did not get the car. he does ferraris and porsches (for years) the guy that bought the car may have some BIGGGGG repair bills, as you ferraris wear out while resting

his statment was after 40,000 miles you are all done....he gave me a price on gearbox which i can't remember but it was over 10 grand and the parts are very hard to find... his words they are really hard to steer the clutch is a nitemare, and ofcourse they are underpowered . so at 70,000 mile even after service the owner is toast....
ah but they sound soooooo good!!!

Old 07-12-2010, 09:12 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
depends on what your use too

Old 07-15-2010, 10:20 PM
bry it did not happen was outbid the last 2min (thank god) after talking with my indy i think i outa the market....

unless ofcourse the deal is just a killer....just saw a white one today that was outstanding ...but pm me who knows

Old 07-16-2010, 03:59 AM
tscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to behold
Bryan, how much are you asking?

Old 07-16-2010, 09:51 AM
dma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond reputedma550 has a reputation beyond repute
lol, now I am jonesing for that car. I would just polish it and drive it up and down my driveway, saying "*my precioussss*"

Old 07-16-2010, 10:15 PM
hope you have a short driveway..... sure wish i could find out the winner would love to get the true skinnie on the car