996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ferrari Testarossa (am i screwed?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:45 AM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
Ferrari Testarossa (am i screwed?)

talk about stupid i found a ferrara testarossa on ebay so what the hell i bid $28,000.00 on it being a little stupid i did not read the entire story on the car. get this it has 75,000 miles very high imo. red over blk with slightly scratched in paint no other probs except a poss lien agnaist the title...

so sh@@ i,m the high bidder with 1 day to go ..... anyone want an old f car for 50 grand ??? stay tuned it will get cheaper if i end up with it ....

guess i'll start reading before i buy, oh and it's in calabassa ca any one want to look at it for me ??? please please i need to feel better am thinking it's a dog

Old 07-10-2010, 09:06 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
you can withdraw your bid if you do it fast. search on ebay help or do a chat on ebay. a rep can help you thru the process.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:19 AM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
thanks much am working on that

Old 07-10-2010, 09:22 AM
tscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to behold
While you can withdraw your bid, it is violating the contract you agreed to.

Heck, $28K for a Testarossa? Screams fun to me!

Old 07-10-2010, 09:45 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by djantlive
you can withdraw your bid if you do it fast. search on ebay help or do a chat on ebay. a rep can help you thru the process.
Yup , or if worst comes to worst just back out they wull kick you off ebay but whatever..better then beeing stuck with a rat.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:00 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tscales
... it is violating the contract you agreed to.
What a joke. [not to you tscales, but in general] Ebay allows sellers to violate contracts day in and day out... nobody really considers these to be binding contracts. They like to threaten with lots of talk about it, but in the end nobody enforces it. You are left to pursue your own legal action, with ebay requiring legal filings before they start cooperating.

Steve, enjoy the new car

A

Old 07-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Durango Kid has a spectacular aura aboutDurango Kid has a spectacular aura about
The winner's bid payment would likely go to the lien holder to release the title. Unless you get a clear title, don't hand over any money. What's the worst that can happen? You get your rating dinged? Then you just comment on the negative remark. Or cancel your bid and try to work something out with the seller.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:13 AM
tscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to behold
OK, everyone talk me down. I told my wife about this and we looked at the ad together.

I'm considering bidding and she is OK with it.

Ack!

Old 07-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Durango Kid has a spectacular aura aboutDurango Kid has a spectacular aura about
Runway is clear with the better half, land the sucker!

Wouldn't hurt to call the guy before you bid

310-641-1336

Tempting

Last edited by Durango Kid; 07-10-2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Add phone number
Old 07-10-2010, 10:43 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Durango Kid
What's the worst that can happen? You get your rating dinged? Then you just comment on the negative remark.
Not even. Sellers can no longer leave negative feedback to buyers, AFAIK

Old 07-10-2010, 10:48 AM
the dealer sez it a clear title, and that is stated on his ad sooooooo guess i'll press on it's early yet.....

Old 07-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Steve, do you want to win it? If you do, I'll pass. I probably will pass anyway, but I sure don't want to bid against you.

Tom

Old 07-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Mgib is a splendid one to beholdMgib is a splendid one to beholdMgib is a splendid one to beholdMgib is a splendid one to beholdMgib is a splendid one to beholdMgib is a splendid one to beholdMgib is a splendid one to behold
Drinking and ebay should NEVER happpen at the same time!

don't ask how I know...

Old 07-10-2010, 11:34 AM
tom thanks very much i am now ready to buy , but don,t let that stop you alls fair in love and war... shipping cost is something to remember . when i bought the porsche the cost was abiut $1200.00 maybe $1500.00 and that was at least 5 years ago enclosed from back east top ca.

anyway am on the fence about this car if i can get someone to look at it i'd feel better...

Old 07-10-2010, 11:39 AM
996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ard
Not even. Sellers can no longer leave negative feedback to buyers, AFAIK
I have an Ebay store and have sold close to 1600 items. Paypal and Ebay always (in my case) takes the side of the buyer. I totally sucks when when the buyer is outright lying or just wants to "nail you to the cross" on some ego trip to give you a negative feedback, and you cannot give him/her a negative mark back. Sure you can leave a negative comment about the buyer, but it shows a positive (green circle) always, so you have to read the comments.

Right now I am fighting with Ebay because a buyer bought 1 item and gave me a negative feedback, but somehow it shows 2 negative feedbacks for the same item.

As long as Ebay and Paypal get "theirs" it is all that matters to them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ferrari Testarossa (am i screwed?)