996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pagid Yellows not suitable for Road Use

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 04:02 PM
kukri is infamous around these parts
What is the friction rating on the blacks that chew thru the rotors?

Old 07-13-2010, 08:14 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
According to Pagid it seems only their Sport Pad is Street Legal, so I completely fail to see how RS29's can possibly be OEM GT3, that is the basis on which I bought them

Old 07-13-2010, 08:22 AM
kukri is infamous around these parts
Ok where is the information that says it is a OEM GT3 pad?

Old 07-13-2010, 08:24 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
I have rs-29's up front and they stop like no other pad I have every used.

They work great on the street before they are warmed up, and only get better when hot. They don't seem to suffer from the lack of heat much if at all on the street. Most pads that bite like this don't work well at cold temps at all.

But oh ya . . they squeal horribly . ..from 25-0 mph hard braking or soft.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:39 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Dan at Vivid
Go with the Pagid RS29 Yellow. OEM GT3 application and work great on the street with little noise. I also recommend adding Steel Braided Brakelines and doing a fluid flush with Motul. That could be some of the problem...
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...front-pad.html 5th post down

Largest 6Speed ONLINE

Last edited by RCH; 07-13-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
RichardCH - why dont we take this offline.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Let me help clarify here. I recommend Pagid RS29 pads to customers as the same as OEM GT3 as that is how a supplier represented them to me. Never had any issues with this until now as much like exhausts, any sound is subjective. I am a fair person, but remember that we are human as well and when you are aggressive to someone, there is no need for that. Its hard to help someone that will not take help and only hear themselves. That being said, in this situation, the customer/OP took my advice. The issue here is the sound, not whether or not the pads are for street or not. 99% of the parts we run on our cars are "not street legal". This varies by state and country where especially in Europe, they have stricter rules.

I take pride in my knowledge, support, and ability to handle customers as I am a Porsche owner as well. The direct information from Pagid is this...

"The P90 pads are specifically formulated for Porsche by Pagid for street use.
They are designed to be quieter, more comfortable & give off less dust for street use.
They are similar in friction to the RS4-2-2 compound for stopping power. The
RS19 or RS29 would have significantly higher friction and have no sound deadening & lots more dusting.
"

The corporate answer is the customer took my advice and used the pads. But they squeal to much for him. Since they are used we cannot take them back.

The "I am a nice guy" and like helping 6speed members response is, take them off your car and ship them back to Vivid Racing with the RMA that will be emailed to you. I will give you a store credit since they are used and this is a gray area. If you would like me to order the P90 compound if available for standard 4pot brakes, I will. The other option is keep them and use for track days or sell them to a buddy for track and I will give you cost on a set of new pads.

Thanks
Dan

Old 07-13-2010, 12:41 PM
RCH
Banned
Tx. Dan but I have truly had enough of this and I want a full credit card refund, not a store refund, it is apparently not true that Pagid RS29s are OEM GT3 as you stated so please live up to it or prove me otherwise or you will be getting a bill for installing and deinstalling the pads as well !

Last edited by RCH; 07-13-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Former Vendor
Please read above. This is what I can do for you.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:09 PM
RCH
Banned
Well its not enough, are Pagid Rs29's OEM GT3 as you said or not, its a very simple question and you have caused me so much hassle as a consequence, I really have unfortunately had enough of Vivid Racing, undoubtedly as you have had enough of me but please answer the above simple question are Pagid RS29's OEM GT3 ? with a Yes or a No !

Old 07-13-2010, 03:38 PM
ebp08 is infamous around these parts
Larry,

I haven't looked at the post you were ref. about squeaky brakes but it's hard to have the best of both worlds, I purchased the hawk hp plus for my gs 430. It sounds like a bus in the parking lot but hey no more rotor smudges. The noise is a trade off...right?

Erik

Old 07-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
enough is enough...take it off-line...thread closed