996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pagid Yellows not suitable for Road Use

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 08:35 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice

Ok so I am still deeping unsettled by the degree of squealing from my hyper expensive PAGID YELLOW BRAKE PADS below 10 mph at traffic lights, not least because they cost circa USD 700. After 400 miles and several attempts to bed them in with controlled high speed stops they show no signs of bedding in. Several people told me they are OEM on a GT3 but why then does it say "not suitable for road use" on an orange sticker inside the bottom of the box as I discovered today. Dan at Vivid your thoughts please .....

Old 07-11-2010, 08:40 AM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
did you research before you buy? anyone with yellows will tell you that they squeal like crazy...haha.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:46 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
yes I there are several threads on this. Obviously they are not OEM on a GT3 I would guess as claimed

Old 07-11-2010, 08:47 AM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
my pagid yellows are near the end of its life. yup it squeals like crazy esp at the end of a stop and esp when the pad gets thin

Old 07-11-2010, 09:03 AM
RCH
Banned
I bought them principally because they are OEM GT3 is this really not true ???

Old 07-11-2010, 10:16 AM
earlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud ofearlierapex has much to be proud of
not sure if they are OEM on GT3, but the pagid yellows are VERY well known to squeal like crazy on iron rotors. They are a very high temp / high metal content track pad that isn't suitable for street use at all. This may be different with PCCBs.

Most vendors would presume an order for pagid yellows is for track only.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:58 AM
RCH
Banned
Dan @ Vivid your comments please

Old 07-11-2010, 11:53 AM
RCH
Banned
well most OEM Gt3's simply don't have PCCB

Old 07-11-2010, 12:23 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
OEM pad on the GT3 is Pagid Yellow RS-29. Track version of Pagid Yellow is RS-19. Check which one you got.

Multiple threads on this topic, as noted. Track pads are in general not suitable for the street. They are designed to work well when hot, not cold. They are noisy, dirty and less effective than OEM pads when used on the street, where they never get hot. This doesn't apply just to Pagid pads. All racing pads have this same characteristic.

Jon

Old 07-11-2010, 02:32 PM
RCH
Banned
I have PAG E-2474-RS290 10 Fronts & PAG E -2405-RS290 10 Rears, well I ordered the RS29 from Dan, just seriously but dont believe these are road pads and why then do I have the orange slip not suitable for road use. On the box it does say though racing braking pads ??

Last edited by RCH; 07-11-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:21 PM
ForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these parts
I can only get the RS29s to be quiet after a day on the track, and even then they won't stay quiet for long. That's why I switch them out between track days. YMMV

Old 07-11-2010, 04:38 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
The stock pad on a 6pot Caliper GT3 is NOT 19/29's

Old 07-11-2010, 05:12 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
If I remember correctly the thread you are referring to, many of us stated that these pads were race pads and they would squeal. You ignored this and listened to the vendor when he said they would not. We gave first hand experience and he gave a sales pitch.

You may be able to lesson the squealing by beveling the edges of the pads with a file. Otherwise you could sell them as slightly used and buy street pads like was recommended in that thread.

Best just to chalk this up as a lesson learned the hard way. Sorry.

Personally I drive my Pagid yellows all year round, street and track. The squealing doesn't bother me because I know I am driving with superior pads.

Last edited by landjet; 07-11-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:50 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
Stock gt3/gt2 yellow "P90"

Old 07-12-2010, 02:01 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by landjet
If I remember correctly the thread you are referring to, many of us stated that these pads were race pads and they would squeal. You ignored this and listened to the vendor when he said they would not. We gave first hand experience and he gave a sales pitch. ......

Best just to chalk this up as a lesson learned the hard way. Sorry.
Why shouldn't RichardCH hold the vendor/sponsor accountable for their sales pitch?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pagid Yellows not suitable for Road Use