996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

SharkWerks to Feature on Speed Channel's Battle of the SuperCars Show!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 02:34 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
LOL The older I get the faster I was....
Cheers
R

Old 07-17-2010, 03:08 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
Already set my DVR!! Can't wait to watch....

Old 07-17-2010, 09:32 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
LOL The older I get the faster I was....
Cheers
R
Something like that eh man? Well you're still enjoying it I see
Originally Posted by fdorn
Already set my DVR!! Can't wait to watch....
Same here... I at least saw things done in an RS I hadn't before so hopefully they edit it well

Old 07-22-2010, 10:32 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Hey folks so a final reminder for tonight's Battle of the Supercars premier show on Speed Channel @ 7-8pm EST.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Former Vendor
Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !
A longer teaser video has been uploaded by the Speed gang. This is a good one!
http://www.facebook.com/video/video....9559649&ref=mf

Old 07-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
can't wait to see this! Yee HA

Old 07-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
Excellent episode and congrats! "Kermit the Frog" took it to Paul and the Ferrari!
Seemed like Tanner had a blast in the GT3. That thing sounds sick.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:03 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Just finished watching the show.... LOVE ZKermit!

Old 07-23-2010, 05:27 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I missed it does anyone have it on youtube yet?

Chicktronic you have come a long way since we met, congrats!

Old 07-23-2010, 06:27 AM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
Pretty good show !! No rides in the aircraft ??? It would have been interesting to have both drivers up and loser pukes first...

Old 07-23-2010, 08:14 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Greaat show, watched it last night, car sounds awesome!

Old 07-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
Greaat show, watched it last night, car sounds awesome!
Thanks man!

Here's what she sounded like going down the runway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSz_rJ1jnQ4

Originally Posted by DERBOOST
Pretty good show !! No rides in the aircraft ??? It would have been interesting to have both drivers up and loser pukes first...
Actually.... they offered that we come back for that.... We'd have to stay there and go through some training etc... but yes having us all hurl would of course have been icing on some sort of cake (not a tasty one mind you).

Originally Posted by buddyg
I missed it does anyone have it on youtube yet?

Chicktronic you have come a long way since we met, congrats!
Haha thanks pal... and only backwards my friend!

Originally Posted by MY996TT
Just finished watching the show.... LOVE ZKermit!
Thanks Eugene! Me too at least she brought back a win for the Porsche crowd

Originally Posted by Page
Excellent episode and congrats! "Kermit the Frog" took it to Paul and the Ferrari!
Seemed like Tanner had a blast in the GT3. That thing sounds sick.
Thanks so much and yes they both did! They really went at it

A few things we took away from the adventure:
1) TV production is both expensive and tricky. It was so awesome live and so much of the fun didn't make it into the final show but I think they really did do a great job having been there.
2) The US Airforce. Wow... Just wow. Those guys are like clockwork and also real gear heads. Love those guys.
3) I'm super-jazzed that we got a best of 174.9mph in the mile. They did a few different runs but either way a stock GTR does around 165mph so at least we know we're making power. The car isn't aerodynamic but that's a good result.
4) Super happy that on the track section we were about 4-5 seconds quicker.
5) Paul Tracy is a hoot. Amazing driver and means what he says. No joke. Tanner is super-competitive too (as is Paul) and they really were trying to win it for each car. It was funny watching them try to ask the producers for another go and stuff like that....
6) The F-430 is fast in stock form (480plus). It's bloody quick when modified to 510 or so like it was and with the F1 trans and Paul's driving we were up against it. But the 3.9 does make power as one can see

Old 07-23-2010, 10:06 AM
anikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to all
We just watched show last night. It was awesome (my kids word not mine). My older son was disappointed with 0-100-0 run results though.
Someone can chime in as what happened there?

Old 07-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by anikzad
We just watched show last night. It was awesome (my kids word not mine). My older son was disappointed with 0-100-0 run results though.
Someone can chime in as what happened there?
Hehe thanks and tell him that Porsches are still the way to go

On the braking I think as Paul said it was easier with the F1 to come to a standstill at 100 and gear down too etc... There was also no heat in the front tires on the P-car which was also going faster than 100 when he stopped. They wanted another try/go but there wasn't time

Old 07-23-2010, 11:21 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Very good take aways Alex. With your big brakes on Kermit, she (I've never called a car he) should stop very fast when doing the 0-100-0... but the Fcar surprised me how fast she can stop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SharkWerks to Feature on Speed Channel's Battle of the SuperCars Show!