996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

If everybody is complaining about Porsche, then why...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
If everybody is complaining about Porsche, then why...

is it still considered the standard by which all others are judged?

You never see 'Lambo beater' or 'Lexus' new Ferrari-crushing', but you ALWAYS see '911 beater' or '911-beating' - it's the standard by which all other cars are judged. So when, then, do all of you who own them (ironically) tell everyone else what Porsche did wrong with them? Besides the fact that you ALREADY OWN ONE and therefore are acting contrary to your complaints, but obviously Porsche knows what the hell they are doing. Whether or not they are the BEST car in the whole world or not doesn't much matter - no car can be all things to all people. The truth is, the 911 is widely considered the benchmark, and for a car to be something really special, it has to beat the 911. These newcomers just might do it, on paper, but the 911 has been the benchmark for 20-some years, and I"m sure all the way along Porsche owners (again, ironically) have been complaining about what Porsche SHOULD have done...

Old 02-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Official Dipshit 2006
shiggins is infamous around these parts
the bechmark of what??

Old 02-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Kills Bugs Fast
45otto is infamous around these parts
teutonictrio,

So what’s your point? No one should bring up any negative issues? Sure people complain it is the nature of our beast, so what?

Old 02-05-2005, 07:23 PM
drbill is infamous around these parts
Re: If everybody is complaining about Porsche, then why...

Originally posted by teutonictrio
is it still considered the standard by which all others are judged?

You never see 'Lambo beater' or 'Lexus' new Ferrari-crushing', but you ALWAYS see '911 beater' or '911-beating' - it's the standard by which all other cars are judged. So when, then, do all of you who own them (ironically) tell everyone else what Porsche did wrong with them? Besides the fact that you ALREADY OWN ONE and therefore are acting contrary to your complaints, but obviously Porsche knows what the hell they are doing. Whether or not they are the BEST car in the whole world or not doesn't much matter - no car can be all things to all people. The truth is, the 911 is widely considered the benchmark, and for a car to be something really special, it has to beat the 911. These newcomers just might do it, on paper, but the 911 has been the benchmark for 20-some years, and I"m sure all the way along Porsche owners (again, ironically) have been complaining about what Porsche SHOULD have done...
OMG, no wonder you could not take a little criticism about porsche, boy are you slated...

Old 02-05-2005, 07:49 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Just remember the 911 has been a great car for over 40 years, most people who complain are never happy with anything anyway, many car marques have to compare to the 911 so they can try to prove they accomplished something.

Old 02-05-2005, 08:11 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by JASCLASS
Just remember the 911 has been a great car for over 40 years, most people who complain are never happy with anything anyway, many car marques have to compare to the 911 so they can try to prove they accomplished something.
No one is debating the heritage of the 911. Just the future... Like someone stated the pepper is what helped the profits. You think they would have had a very profitable year just selling 911s and boxsters? Not, that's why they built the pepper. In the past there were less options for sports cars nuts... and the 911 was the best.... Now there are more options all the time. So it is not the same market as it was then and in this market they will allow others to catch up or pass by with their small HP jumps from model to model.

I still love my TT, of course, and after mods it is where it should be out of the factory... approx. 600hp... If we can do it, they can do it even cheaper from the factory. What demand would there be if the 997 TT had 600Hp out of the box.... I know there will be demand anyway, but how long would it last at 600hp. I think a long time...

And just because someone thinks that the new 911 is under powered does not mean that they complain about everything...

Last edited by Gary (Fl); 02-05-2005 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-05-2005, 08:50 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Gary (Fl)
And just because someone thinks that the new 911 is under powered does not meant that they complain about everything...
My reference should have been clearer and was directed towards all of the complaints I have read on forums knocking the 996 styling, power, interior, stereo, nav, phone, its quite hysterical, the 911 is a sport car and is what it is, people that want all the comforts should buy an AMG, people want more power when they cant utilize the stock power the car offers. Porsche must be doing something right with the 911.

Old 02-05-2005, 08:52 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
this is one of those threads that I hope will ***POOF*** disappear soon.

Old 02-05-2005, 08:53 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by JASCLASS
My reference should have been clearer and was directed towards all of the complaints I have read on forums knocking the 996 styling, power, interior, stereo, nav, phone, its quite hysterical, the 911 is a sport car and is what it is, people that want all the comforts should buy an AMG, people want more power when they cant utilize the stock power the car offers. Porsche must be doing something right with the 911.
I agree with that statement...

Old 02-06-2005, 01:04 PM
Orli930 is infamous around these parts
I totally agree with Gary.........................he is right on the money with his comment.

Old 02-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I think the 911 is often referenced because it is the "common" and obtainable sports car that many can identify with. Partly because it is a great all-around car and the 911 model has been around through a generation. Many people are unfamiliar with Ferrari or Lambo models and the readers couldn't relate as well. It's the same as BMW is often referenced for "sportiness" is ride and handling for sedans and the like. I think Porsche should be doing more to support their sports car with TV ads promoting the product. They are too busy making 500+ HP Cayennes right now and might be losing touch with their core customers for the first time. Personally, I think they should have used all the cayenne $ to improve the 911 and Boxster, but I'm sure that wouldn't have been even close to as profitable.

Old 02-06-2005, 06:32 PM
ruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to behold
Haha, this is funny. Theirs license plates on this board(not flaming on the license plates, i actually think their cool), but theirs amg eater and ferrari eater, but that doesn't mean that the benchmark is an amg.....

Old 02-07-2005, 05:07 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Roger @ ORBIT told me that Porsche is one of the few car companies that uses the same body tub in both the race GT3 RS race cars... as well as in the consumer base Carerra. Neither BMW nor Ferrari can say that. As a matter of fact, Bwm buit 20 race cars with the V8 in it(should have been the v6 just like in the m3) cause that qualified it to be a production car... and thus allowing it to compete in its class. The GTR BMW M3 has only one thing in common with the street legal M3- the BMW logo. I agree with Roger from ORBIT... we truly have a great car...and Porsche didnt have to make 20 race cars with V8s to kick everyones ***...
Just my .02 cents worth.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 02-07-2005, 02:25 PM
Orli930 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ruffinit
Haha, this is funny. Theirs license plates on this board(not flaming on the license plates, i actually think their cool), but theirs amg eater and ferrari eater, but that doesn't mean that the benchmark is an amg.....

YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH MY PLATE????

1. Ferrari is considered to be the ultimate in sports car.
2. Every Ferrari I have raced, my car has had them for lunch or dinner.....hence (4RE ETR) And that includes 12 cylinder 550 and 575.
3. I just want to **** off Ferrari owners!!!!!

Attached Images  

Last edited by Orli930; 02-07-2005 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:30 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by ruffinit
Or mine:

Who said AMG's were the benchmark?? Its a plate that I choose for a few reasons:
1. My familly loves and owns them so I was being a smarta$$
2. I live in S. FL where every old guy in an AMG thinks he's hot ****(Snobby rich attitudes) and I wanted to remind him, he's not.
3. Because thats the plate I wanted!!

I never look at the AMG as a benchmark, nor do I consider beating an AMG to be an accomplishment...
Evan
PS-I am thinking about 996 ETR for my bike

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: If everybody is complaining about Porsche, then why...