996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pedal recommendation!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 09:02 AM
luting_chen is infamous around these parts
I'm using cargraphic...it's really nice....
but the only downside is that it's extremely slippery if your shoe is wet...
I think the ruf version offered right now is pretty nice, even though I haven't used it...but the rubber on top might seem to help a bit....

Old 10-03-2003, 10:09 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Picture of the Cargrahics to keep things all together for comparison:

Attached Images  
Old 10-03-2003, 10:10 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by luting_chen
I'm using cargraphic...it's really nice....
but the only downside is that it's extremely slippery if your shoe is wet...
I think the ruf version offered right now is pretty nice, even though I haven't used it...but the rubber on top might seem to help a bit....
Ohhh my, You drive your P-Car in the rain????

Old 10-03-2003, 11:30 AM
toffeGT2 is infamous around these parts
I vote for Carnewal

The look is really nice on those pedal. Ordered mind already.

Old 10-03-2003, 11:32 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
I vote Carnewal too!!
I had the Techart on my 01 and now have the Ruf (Carnewal is the same for half the price!) on my 03...

Old 10-03-2003, 12:40 PM
Banned
MTBR is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by offroadr35
The stock brake and clutch pedals have a rubber boot that you simply pull off. The Cargraphic/Ruf pedals need to be drilled into the brake/clutch/gas pedals. As for the dead pedal, simply unscrew the old one and screw the new one right into the carpet.

20 min. job.

Old 10-03-2003, 12:56 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Here is another just for information

Buy them here:
http://www.performanceproducts.com/P...20&partnumber=

Old 10-03-2003, 03:14 PM
luting_chen is infamous around these parts
rockitman: ^___^
yup yup yup...
i use it for daily driving... there was even this one time when i drove to palm spring for a canyon drive...and on the half way it was raining...hahahahaha....but can't stop the spirit....^____^

Old 10-03-2003, 03:19 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
I have become quite confident with my heal/toe shifting this year with stock pedals. I have a set of RUF pedals I was planning to install this winter, but am a little hesitant. I am afraid I will not be able to heal/toe as well as I can now. Is there any reason to be concerned about this?

Old 10-06-2003, 07:29 PM
Poursha is infamous around these parts
I ordered the aluminum pedals from Gert Thursday evening, he shipped them Friday, and they arrived today. Great service, and they look great--can't wait to install them.

Old 10-06-2003, 07:47 PM
JM996 is infamous around these parts
Just finished the install of pedals from Gert. They look even better on the car. Service was great. Ordered last Thursday, here on Monday. Now for the clear side lights.

Old 10-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Poursha is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by JM996
Just finished the install of pedals from Gert. They look even better on the car. Service was great. Ordered last Thursday, here on Monday. Now for the clear side lights.
Any tips? Was it straight forward?

Old 10-07-2003, 08:59 AM
JM996 is infamous around these parts
Pretty straight forward. Took about 45 minutes. The only problem I had was the top screw for the dead pedal was too short and too small a diameter to use. I got another screw and ground down the head a bit to get it to fit in the recess in the pedal. It would have been nice if they would have provided a template for where to drill the holes instead of trying to eyeball it. I used a level to make sure the brake and clutch pedals were parallel.

Old 10-07-2003, 09:01 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Pics please.

Old 10-07-2003, 09:05 AM
How does the gas pedal come off. I briefly looked at it and could not tell how best to approach it's removal???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pedal recommendation!